• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

TBT's Turkey Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
That Pumpkin Pie collectible is really nice and I'd love to have one, but between my lack of art skill and seeing a lot of great entries way more interesting and detailed than the concept I came up with, I've decided to sit this event out. Not for lack of trying though, I got something halfway done but had a hangup with a particularly important part of it and am not interested in trying to remedy it at this point.

Lots of great work in this thread, good job folks.

Here is my entry. Ankha was asked to bring a main course. Originally she wanted to make her special dish, mummified mice, which has been in her family for centuries, but she thought some of the residents might be extremely upset about that. So instead, she opted to bring a vegan pot pie with an Egyptian twist, incorporating flavors of cumin and coriander into the sauce. She decorated it with an ankh symbol made from pie crust, to give it a bit of her own personality:

Ozzie isn’t exactly a chef but he made the most Aussie dessert his skills and supplies could make - fairy bread! Is it a slightly lazy dish to bring to a potluck? Yes - but what did you expect from a koala?

(Prompt: Ozzie’s Dessert; I drew my name in the top left after taking the picture but I can take another picture of the now-half-eaten version with a physical name tag if needed)

View attachment 339509
did he also made bamboo cake for you?
(since he is a koala bear)

Reactions: Fye
Note: I just sent a message to the mods about my prompt; initially I saw Ankha's main course when I visited the site but noticing now I have a different prompt. Hope this can be addressed, thanks much!

I thought I was late, but I calculated the time zone and seemed like I still had time left yay!

My prompt was Monty and Dessert, so naturally I made him bring some banana cream pie to the party!!
He's a little dirty and has a bandage on his nose because he worked hard on his baking :'>

Untitled_Artwork.png

I thought I was late, but I calculated the time zone and seemed like I still had time left yay!

My prompt was Monty and Dessert, so naturally I made him bring some banana cream pie to the party!!
He's a little dirty and has a bandage on his nose because he worked hard on his baking :'>

View attachment 339573
Awww he looks so precious 🥺 love it!

Forget the cherry pie, this year it's "Cherry on The Cake"! Formerly known as Cherry of Dōbutsu no Mori, she is now Cherry of the Black Forest! This is going to be a rock and roll Thanksgiving and you are invited to take a piece of this scrumptious dessert (made with giant cherries, whipped cream and delicious black and white chocolate) while she's performing her special rock medley, but be quick! She already lit the cherry bombs to make the event even more exciting!

DhicJU8.jpg

So this is my Cherry's Dessert. Inspired by her name (cherry), style (rock/gothic), colors (red &black), and also clothes (spider web).
Post automatically merged:

I meant Turkey Day 😭

oSDGdrt.jpg

Olive's Main Course

Reading up on delightful recipes, Olive the bear cub has put together a honey glazed main course, consisting of roast turkey (with little olives), roast vegetables and gravy. However, will Franklin find this display… unbearable?​

I got Curlos' dessert! Eyeing him up and down a bit, I was inspired to make: Reese's Pieces Peanut Butter Cookies! They'd match his colour scheme and vibe so well, but... unfortunately... I couldn't find any Reese's Pieces or peanut butter around the house. So I used chocolate chips and almond flour!

There used to be more, but they're busy right now :lemon:

curlos's dessert.jpg

thanks staff for this fun event,
and happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Axel the jock villager's Dessert = EDIBLE DUMBBELLS!
48f3JwF.jpg

we all laughed when Axel the jock elephant brought his dessert to our turkey day feast, because, well, they looked like a pun on his name-- wheels on an axle maybe? He seriously informed us that these were in fact edible dumbbells, made of chocolate-pumpkin spice rolls, on belgian hazelnut-filled wafer sticks (because all elephants love hazelnuts). Then he said we could only have one if we performed 50 finger curls on each hand. It was a good workout for our hands, and then for our mouths!

image0.png

Deirdre has baked you all a horribly drawn rustic, gourmet mushroom and herb pizza! Mushrooms because of her mush furniture, and herbs because deers are HERBivores *ba dum tsh* It's presented on a plate inspired by her sweater!

9C200888-8D3C-4D20-BE02-40FEADD0D7E1.jpeg

My prompt was Elmer’s Main Course.

Elmer couldn’t find turkey in time, so he went with Mac and Cheese.

Boil the pasta.

Cook the bacon (optional).

Make cheese sauce. Butter, flour, milk, cornstarch, half & half, pepper, garlic, onion powder, mustard, chicken powder stuff.

Mix everything into a bake dish. Add and mix cheddar cheese and panko.

Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes.

And bam! Even a Lazy villager can make!

Also last-minute entry, so very fitting procrastination moment, ahaha!

First of all, I’d like to say, wow, so many amazing entries out there! 😍

Here is my entry for Cube’s Drink!
TBT Turkey Event Submission Cropped.jpg

Now onto my drawing’s explanation…

This personalized drink is what I’d like to offer Cube at a Thanksgiving meal. But don’t worry Cube, I’ve kept your smoothie cold enough for you to get a brainfreeze (in case you haven’t understood my perhaps unfunny pun, Brainfreeze is Cube’s catchphrase)! My concept is based on a crossover between Animal Crossing and Pokémon: two of my favourite games. In fact, Pokémon Café Mix has inspired me to create a drink with elements from both games. Can you spot them all? 😊

Concept idea: Seeing Cube’s design immediately made me think of Eiscue. Both have a mix of cuteness and silliness feel attached to their character. Cube’s catchphrase (brainfreeze) made me think of a cold drink and since he sometimes holds a smoothie drink in ACNH, I thought of drawing a fancier smoothie for this special occasion (Thanksgiving); this would be my resident representative’s (Zéphyre) way of expression her gratitude to Cube.

Story: On Thanksgiving morning, Zéphyre was eagerly fishing for some ingredients to prepare her Thanksgiving feast. Little did she know that Eiscue also happened to be leisurely swimming along Cat’s-paw’s (my island) beach. [Thud!] Suddenly, Zéphyre heard a bumping sound: her hook accidently collided with Eiscue’s ice cube head! Eiscue, shocked to have its swimming session interrupted, swiftly kicked towards the surface. As it swam back up, Eiscue’s ice cube shattered into pieces; the physical damage it took from the bobber was too great (N.B. once Eiscue takes damage by a physical attack, it changes to the Noice Face form). But to her surprise, Eiscue resurfaced as Cube?!

Every component on and in the drink is edible!
  • Garnish on top of smoothie:
    • Vanilla whipped cream sprinkled with chai spice
    • Pear and apple slices sprinkled with chai spice
    • Resident representative: marzipan
    • Eiscue with Cube’s face: marzipan
  • Garnish inside the smoothie jar
    • Eiscue (ice face form) & its shocked expression: Kohakutou (a traditional Japanese candy that’s jelly-like and is made out of agar agar)
    • Floral jellies:
      • Pomegranate, cardamom and pink rose petals jelly;
      • Honey and lemon jelly infused with yellow cosmos and purple hyacinth petals;
      • Brown sugar and yellow mum jelly.
  • Smoothie layers (from top to bottom):
    • Dark chocolate and hazelnut smoothie
    • Maple and pecan praline smoothie
    • Pumpkin pie smoothie
    • Chia pudding (for a little crunch 😉)
Lastly, I’d like to thank @TheSillyPuppy for giving me this epiphany moment during one of our conversation! <3

I tried my best, I have been busy with school but I really wanted to get something in. Here is Chadder with a wreath he made himself, and a Thanksgiving garland to go with it <3 Part of the wreath is white cheddar which is why some of it is left white, and he had orange on him since he made the wreath himself. It came out pretty decent, I think.

Attachments

• 128083702_996831534159451_1157338556905222782_n.jpg
    128083702_996831534159451_1157338556905222782_n.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 85
Thank you to everyone who took the time to submit an entry to this event! All submitted entries have now been reviewed and no further entries are being accepted. If your entry has not been accepted and you have not been contacted about resubmitting your entry then please contact me as soon as possible.

The next stage is staff favourite voting. This is where all available members of the staff team go through the entries and nominate the entries they feel best meet the criteria in the following categories: Artistic Merit, Creativity, and Humour. After this we will then tally up the votes to figure out who the final winners are. Each winner in all three of these categories will walk away with the new Pumpkin Pie collectible:

pumppinpiecollectible-final.png

Good luck everyone! 🦃

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back