• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Super Mario's 35th Anniversary Direct - Your thoughts?

I'm most excited for Mario Kart Home Circuit. You could get some really well made courses using that. I'm cautiously optimistic, since I think it has a lot of potential but not as many people are talking about it. Hopefully it does well.

The other announcements are alright. That Mario battle mode will probably be fun for a few hours. 3D World looks good but I already have it for Wii U. There's no way I'm going to pay full price for a game I already own 90% of, I don't care how good the deluxe content is. Whatever games I didn't mention were not memorable enough to comment on.

I was so excited when I saw the three pack, I've already pre-orderd it! I've never played Mario Sunshine and I never got to finish Mario Galaxy so I can't wait to see if it's still as fun as I remember.

Now all I need is for a port of Super Paper Mario ;~;

What a great surprise today! I had heard rumors about Sunshine and Galaxy coming to Switch. I haven't played either game so I've already preordered 3D All-Stars, can't wait! I never thought I'd get to play Sunshine, since the GameCube game is so expensive.

The Mario Kart Home Circuit looks like a blast. Unfortunately I only have one other friend who has a Switch, so I don't think I'd get good use out of it, but I'm still considering it. It's such a great idea!

The only thing that looks limiting about Mario Kart Home Circuit is the karts are probably controlled via the Switch's Bluetooth. That only has like a 30ft range. It's too bad, because I'd love to see people do something like set up a huge course on a basketball court or something.

I just found out about this today. I'm excited to be able to play Sunshine again since I lost my disk a long time ago and there are not any other GC games that I'm excited enough about to pull it out of storage and fire it up again, so having it on the Switch with better resolution will convenient. I don't really care that much for SM64. I may pick up Galaxy again since it's been a while since I last played it, although it will be interesting to see how it plays without the motion controls. It's unfortunate that Galaxy 2 isn't included.

I'm really excited for Super Mario 3D All-Stars and Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury!

Super Mario 64 was one of my favorite games as a kid, and I liked Super Mario Sunshine a lot as well, so I'm really excited to be able to play them again. Galaxy is the one I played the least because I think my Wiimote hated me at the time, but I did enjoy it, and it'll be nice to play more of it as well.

As for 3D World, I loved the original, and I can't wait to play it again along with the Bowser's Fury addition~

To be honest, the limited run sort of killed my interest. With the way things are right now, money is already kind of short, so if they insist on charging $60 for a compilation of older titles, then the least they could is give me the reassurance that the game will still be there when I'm ready to buy it.

honestly im just glad they didn't list them individually for $40-$60 because that seriously seems like something they coulda done

I was thinking about this a little more and realized this is probably what they're going to do when the "limited run" is over

-______-

I hope they decide to make Super Mario 35 Tetris 99-like game permanent as I know that I can not be the only one that hates Tetris but still likes the concept.

The way I only found out about it this morning...

So hyped to play Galaxy again, and to play Sunshine and 64 to see what all the rage is about! I needa rack up $60 for the preorder quick though lol

Looks we got a 35th Anniversary Mario Direct today!

What are your thoughts? What are you excited for? Did you predict something that ended up being correct?

I'm personally excited for Splatoon 2's Mushroom vs Starman Splatfest in January, as well as the return of Mario furniture in Animal Crossing! It's also pretty interesting to see Tetris 99 but Mario... never could have guessed that. But, I did predict that Super Mario 3D World would get a port and some sort of thing would come along with it.
edit: I'm not sure how I missed this, but i'm super excited for Sunshine to make a comeback! In some way...
It may be a port but at least we got it's return C:
I loved it
Already playing
Only missing galaxy 2
But still its a great celebration of mario 3d history

The only thing that really had me excited was the Mario Splatoon battle lol. The Mario 3D All Stars was a great throwback as well but I won't buy it anytime soon.

I'm more excited for Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity tbh

Back