• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Mario Super Mario Wonder

Rainbowhorn

*Bakes cookies for all villagers*
Bells
Pink Balloon
Sweet Bunny Balloon
Crystal Tree
Holiday Candy Cane 2023
Ghostly Kitty Plush
Galaxy Swirl
Purple Star Fragment
Shooting Star Plush
International Space Cetacean Star Fragment
Blue Crescent Moon
I just saw the new Nintendo Direct, and surprisingly for me, the game that grabbed my attention the most is the new 2D Mario game, Super Mario Wonder! I think the new style is a very nice change for the series, finally Mario has a more expressive gestures, Daisy is here! And! I really love the chaotic and creative direction they're adding to the classic 2D Mario level layouts. I can't believe I'm excited for a 2D Mario game, and I hope it does good and is fun to play :D

4dd67d890c9657b8d2e828e10582e088.gif

Also elephants are my favorite animal so I think this is very cute
🐘

Last edited:
It actually is the first time since 2006 that Nintendo comes up with brand new art assets for a 2D Mario game. The last time we saw that was with New Super Mario Bros. on Nintendo DS. Since then, Nintendo reused all the same assets but in new courses for the Wii, 3DS, Wii U and even a rehash of the Wii U game on Nintendo Switch. It was a good surprise, and overdue.

I was particularly pleased because Nintendo also redid character animations. When Mario does a long jump or uses it's enlarged cap to float, the animations are brand new. Also overdue.

It looks interesting, but I would not be surprised if Nintendo adds content and adapts the graphics to 4K for the next Nintendo console coming out next year.

I am too excited I have to play this! It looks so fun! I wanna play as Daisy so badly but I'll have to wait until October!

I may have to look into this. I'm a huge Mario fan, but of course, I prefer playing the spin-off games. I haven't played a mainline Mario game for quite some time, haha. This title sounds intriguing, but this post is the first look I'm getting at it. Maybe I'll look at the trailer to learn more about it?

The trailer is Super cute. It looks fun and the fact that you can finally play as Peach & Daisy is great! I just hope it’s not some gimmicky after thought, like oh you beat the level as Mario now you can beat it again as Luigi and friends.

The trailer is Super cute. It looks fun and the fact that you can finally play as Peach & Daisy is great! I just hope it’s not some gimmicky after thought, like oh you beat the level as Mario now you can beat it again as Luigi and friends.

It probably will be.

I just hope Daisy is as obnoxious in this as she is elsewhere.

I notice Mario is an elephant. I wonder why they chose to make him a Republican. :p

I’m definitely going to be getting this game!

Unpopular opinion: as uninspired and lazy as they were, I generally really enjoyed the New Super Mario titles 😅😅
I just like to chill with a simple Mario platformer every now and then, and these style of games always did that for me lol

Of course bringing something NEW for once and adding assets/animations from scratch was far overdue, and I’m sure the game will be all the better for it! Also YOSHI ❤️ my favorite Mario character, I hope he’s playable 😭

When Mario turned into an elephant, I was definitely
shockedpika.png

I didn't expect that but I think it works well since the Mario-verse is fun and zany. The elephant-apple item is very cute. I really like the art and animation a lot. I just hope there's online multiplayer and not just local co-op.

The most excited I've been for a mainline 2D Mario game in a very long time! It's weird and the style of the art and animation is just so different from other Mario games. The absolute chaos I witnessed in the trailer is right up my alley haha.

I normally don't go for the super mario bro titles, but I really appreciated the fact they tried something different this time rather than another same-asset new super mario bros title! The wonder aspect looks fun, and If I end up getting it, I'll definitely be playing as Daisy!

i’m not really a big super mario fan, but super mario wonder is the only game from the direct that caught my eye. the graphics look absolutely stunning, and the whacky stuff that happens with the wonder plants is intriguing; seems like a fun, trippy game to play while high LOL

elephant mario was very cute, but this was my personal favourite part:

IMG_1692.jpeg
IMG_1695.jpeg
IMG_1696.jpeg
IMG_1691.jpeg

Last edited:
Looks interesting! I'm glad to see that Daisy is playable for a change.

I just hope we're allowed to play as the other characters right away. I'll be disappointed if I have to complete the entire game to unlock Luigi and/or the others.

It's giving SMB3 and I am so here for it. Haven't bought a 2D mario since NSMB Wii but might just grab this one!

I'm incredibly excited for this game. I haven't played a 2D Mario game since NSMB2 and I'm very glad that they're finally straying away from the NSMB theme. This game has so much potential for innovation and creativity and it really seems like the development team is taking full advantage of it so far. This looks like it has the potential to be one of the best 2D Mario games of all time.

I saw the trailer during the Direct and I AM SO EXCITED! I preordered the game on Amazon already!! Im so excited, I love Mario but I have never been a fan of the 2D platforming games. I absolutely loved 3D World on Wii U and this game looks similar to New Super Mario Bros (All of them cause they are the same pretty much) but SO MUCH BETTER? All the wackiness and characters make me so happy. Im so excited to play this and be DAISY! She is my favorite and other than Mario Run, SHE IS FINALLY IN A 2D MARIO!! Im so happy for my queen!!
1687651640206.png

Back