• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Mario Super Mario Wonder

So about that direct, I figured they'd announce it at the last week of September, but early is better I suppose.

Well because of this it seems likely nothing new will be announced for this game in the imminent September Direct and save it for some new stuff as I'm sure this will take up the whole 40 minute direct anyway.

i usually get more playtime out of the more open-world games in the mario series, i'm not normally a huge fan of the newer 2D side side-scrolling mario games. (unless they find a way to somehow combine the two mechanics like in super mario 3D world, that was super fun!) i like the classics but never got much playtime out of my copy of new super mario bros/ nsmbu / deluxe...boy those naming schemes lol but something about this seems so fresh and cute, that i most likely will pick this up when it releases!

It was announced there will be a Direct on Thursday at 10 AM EDT for SMB Wonder!

15 minutes long, so it'll be interesting to see what they end up showing off.

how exciting! i will definitely try to make some time to tune into this! i thought it was today and slightly panicked LOL but i'm excited to see what they show us on the 31st!

This might just be dedicated specifically to the new voice cast. At fifteen minutes, I can't imagine they'd have much time to focus on much of anything else. But we'll see, I suppose.

So here's the VOD for anybody like me who missed the Direct:

What are your thoughts on what was shown? Are you more excited for the game now? Is Yoshi riding Yoshi weird?

the answer to that last one is yes

Last edited:
I'm so excited for this game for the only reason that Daisy.
Also a bit bummed that the story doesn't happen in Sarasaland, who on earth is that prince ? Is he a reference to the anime ?

Oh boy! There were a ton of cool things shown off here, it makes me want this game even more then when I first saw it.

The online mode seems like it wasn't needed for a main 2d sidescroller that isn't Mario Maker, but Nintendo managed to add it in anyway. I think your boy is using the racing part of the online because I got that Mario Kart blood in me.

Those new powerups were really neat too. My favorite has to be the bubble, who knew they could be so deadly.

The fact that Toadette, Nabbit and Blue Toad made their grand return is very nice, I'm gonna main Daisy and Toadette for sure! Who knows if there will be more characters too?

The last thing I wanna talk about is badges. They sound like an neat concept, and can be an edge on levels where they need them best. I imagine if they could be incorporated into other games, like Mario Kart. There are many ideas that can be used, they could even reuse some of them over from tour to 8DX if they wanted to

This game is for sure gonna be a #1 game of the year in my book, and the fact that we can do some online on this game adds another thing we can do on our TBT Gaming sessions for events or a regular basis.
Post automatically merged:

Is Yoshi riding Yoshi weird?

the answer to that last one is yes
I mean, we seen him on a Bike that's designed to be around Yoshi, so it was weird before. But now that it's canon on real Yoshis, absolutely.
who on earth is that prince ? Is he a reference to the anime ?
Fans are speculating that it's Prince Haru from that obscure japanese exclusive animated Mario Movie in the 80's or 90's? Though looking at it now, he could be inspired by Prince Haru, not the exact same person.

Now that I've sat down I've watched the Direct, my excitement for this game has only increased. I have some nitpicks, but the amount of new and creative mechanics, the art style, the expressive character faces, the colors, it all looks so much fun. So much more than any New Super Mario Bros. game to have been released... well, in general.

image.png

Somebody help him.

Everyone else:
Talking Flower: I wonder what a Goomba tastes like! :love:
👀

It looks really good! I'm actually more excited than I was originally. I really like the powerups they've shown, and the badges seem kind of nice. I think Bowser as a castle looks kind of weird, but that's just me. 😅 I'm gravitating towards Toadette as my main.

I think the online mode looks really cute! I see the online rooms as something we could use during events for TBT gaming sessions.

wait... if Toadette's playable, does that mean... oh no. (they may bring back the Super Crown). I'm gonna quit the Internet if they do.

I just watched it and I'm so excited! There's new kingdom, with a lot of very cool new enemies (no more repainted goombas and koopas!), the addition of an easier mode if you pick Yoshi or Nidbit is a bit dissapointing (Yoshi's my fave) but is a great solution for younger kids. The powerups are truly original, and I just LOVE how WEIRD everything is, it's exactly what the Mario franchise needed tbh, the more they embrace it the better.
The online mode looks very fun too.
I think that there's literally NOTHING I didn't like so far, it's amazing how much work they have put into this game to make it a refreshing experience compared to the others while still making it a 2D Mario game, I can't wait to play it!!!
(Say the person who doesn't have a Switch yet...)

I maaaaay or may not actually be obsessed with Prince Florian hehehe 💞💞🌼

I haven't finished watching the direct yet but dang, I'm getting more and more hyped for this game the more I hear about it! also Mr. Thwompo is confirmed so I am in fact a happy rock boy fanatic 😌💜

i missed the direct when it was live 🥺 but i got around to watching it later on in the day, and so far i think everything looks great! i spent a good amount of time trying to keep a keen ear on what mario sounds like to be honest 👀 i think there a lot of awesome things about this game so far, but it's a bit of a bummer that yoshi is locked to be "easy mode" character. i understand why, but i wonder why they went this route instead of making game difficulty an option in the menu. all in all, everything looks super fresh! the new worlds look super cool! the new power ups look really fun, new baddies look interesting and the whole wonder flower thing is pretty intriguing 😮 i don't know how i feel about them talking about what goombas taste like though......

also, anyone see that mario oled model? 👀 i've been debating on if getting an oled switch is worth it, this late in the game, but my launch year switch is crying lol

I honestly didn’t expect much from the game at all, I thought with the original reveal trailer it didn’t feel that different from the NSMB games besides the visuals. I think it’s going to end up being too easy to be one of my favorite platformers or something but the game actually looks good with the new reveals, I really like the new powerups. I might get it if anyone here wants to play with 👀

I just checked a random listing for the game to see how much it costs, and according to this listing, in the country it came from, the game'll cost 79.95 AUD (Australian Dollars, I think), which is a lot, but expected.

After seeing the title of this game pop up a few times, I looked into it. I saw some of the stuff and I do think that Super Mario Wonder will be refreshing for Mario fans. It does look interesting with new mechanics, graphics, animations, and collectibles. I am curious to know how long the game will be. It does look like it could be fun whether you play alone or have a ghosty friend with you. I won't be playing it though.

WL4_Wario5.png
However... Some of the things in it kinda remind me of Warioland games in a way.. and it makes me kinda nervous that Nintendo may never come back to them... and instead have that kind of style attached to Mario in another series of games. Mario is already familiar to many people... and the Mario movie just increased his audience. Mario isn't seen as repulsive or weird as Wario could be seen as... (farts, thief..)
Lucky for me, some indie devs have been trying to make Warioland style games... and I recently purchased one from Steam called Pizza Tower. Another I am waiting on is Anton Blast so there is some hope for those who love that style of weird.

OIP.gWOOyr7sW77AeubA4C-LMgAAAA

I just checked a random listing for the game to see how much it costs, and according to this listing, in the country it came from, the game'll cost 79.95 AUD (Australian Dollars, I think), which is a lot, but expected.
Was the price not announced for your country? Wonder is the standard price for Switch games here. It shouldn’t be a $70 game in America, we just get really marked up down here for various reasons
On the subject of wacky Australian prices, one of our largest retailers has ToTK for a whole $5 off and BoTW is still fullprice so it’s $5 more than ToTK at that store lol I can’t make this up

I think it looks great. A lot of interesting mechanics that should hopefully make it more of a challenge to 100% the game. One of my favourite things about the Mario games is coming back after completing the main game to get all of the extra collectibles.

I'm still not sure if I'll buy it on day one, though.

this made me wanna go check the price in CAD and yup, $79.99 :lemon: not as bad as tears of the kingdom's $89.99 CAD...but still makes me wanna shed a tear or two

Back