• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Mario Favorite Mario Power-Ups?

Asarena

Bells
Switch
6601-4252-2050
Island
Aria
Poptart Easter Egg
Rotating Fool's Egg
Waluigi Easter Egg
Crescent Moon Easter Egg
Sweetheart Easter Egg
Stardust Easter Egg
Splat Easter Egg
Blue Junimo Easter Egg
Turquoise Squid Easter Egg
Prismatic Easter Egg
What are your favorite Mario power-ups from any of the games? Here's a list of them if you need a refresher

For me, the fire flower is of course a classic, and I also really like the ice flower, super star, cat bell/lucky bell, penguin suit, double cherry, the super leaf, and the metal, vanish, and wing caps from Mario 64! The missions that required the caps were always fun

I always liked the Wing Cap from Super Mario 64. The music that plays is quite cute and being able to fly felt like a bonus mode where instead of being a platforming game, you're playing a flight simulator kind of game. Like Pilotwings 64. 😁 The one I don't like is the Elephant one in Super Mario Wonder. I like playing as Princess Daisy... 👑🌻 'cause she's cute, but not in Elephant form! ❌🐘 If I want someone big and yellow bouncing around the screen, I'll play a Wario game, thank you very much. 😬

I'm not good at platforming games and don't really play mainline Mario games very much, usually just the sports and party games. As such, my favorites are the Weird Mushroom and Goomba's Shoe. The Weird Mario transformation in Super Mario Maker where he becomes all tall and lanky is really goofy and I love it. Similarly, the Goomba's Shoe is another goofy little idea. I especially enjoy the Stiletto versions. It seems somewhat useful too. I guess I'll also give an honorable mention to Penguin Suit because penguins are my favorite animal and the transformed Penguin Mario design is cute.

I recently learned about the Weird Mushroom, and I am a BIG fan of that one.

Otherwise, my favorites are the Elephant Fruit, the Fire Flower, and any of the power-ups that allow you to fly or glide, from the Cape Feather to the Propellor to the Acorn Mushroom.

i loved using the penguin suit, propeller mushroom and yoshi power-ups on the super mario bros. wii game.

fire flower and elephant fruit ofc too

I’ve always like the Frog suit for how it looks. The Cape Feather was also pretty fun to use.

I always liked power ups that let Mario fly, so I'd have to go with either the Tanooki Suit from SMB 3 or the Cape Feather in Super Mario World

Omg there have been so many fun ones recently!

- Penguin
- Tanooki tail
- Propeller mushroom
- Cat bell

And who could forget riding on Yoshi's back!

I would say the classic Fire Flower. 🔥 It is so satisfying to use and love using it in a dark level.

My favorite powerups have to be:
  • Blue Shell ( i miss this one the MOST)
  • Bubble flower
  • Double Cherry (such a fun mechanic)
  • Drill mushroom
  • Fire flower my beloved <3
  • Ice skate even though the levels made me want to explode lol
  • Lakitu's cloud
  • Mini mushroom (bring back hidden exits!!)
  • Propeller box
  • Super bell
  • Wonder flower ( the MUSIC)!

Here’s mine:

- Blue Shell
- Ice Flower (including the Galaxy version)
- Penguin Suit
- Boomerang Flower
- Hammer Suit
- Fire Flower
- Propeller Mushroom/Box
- Mega Mushroom
- Super Leaf (this includes Raccoon Mario and Tanooki Mario)
- Red Star
- Cape Feather

Last edited:
This is such a cute thread idea! The Fire Flower and Propeller Mushrooms were always my favorites growing up! I remember being OBSESSED with 3D World so I loved the double cherry for a good minute. Recently though, I love the bubble flower from Wonder!

Not sure if this counts but I like that one power up from Paper Mario the Wii version- where you can get multiple little copies of yourself. It was always entertaining to see them jump with me and then die from getting lost.

Back