• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

sun exposure?

do you wear sunscreen/spf products?

• yes, regularly

Votes: 13 24.5%
  • yes, most of the time

Votes: 7 13.2%
  • yes, sometimes

Votes: 22 41.5%
  • never, i desire to shrivel up like a raisin

Votes: 11 20.8%

• Total voters
i really should try and make an effort to wear sunscreen more often. i sometimes remember to in the summer or sometimes on super sunny days, but it's the having to reapply that gets me. if i'm out and about, the last thing i wanna do is touch my face and slather on some sunscreen 😭 even if i go and wash my hands, it still bugs me. i hate touching my face unless i'm home in a clean set of clothes with clean hands but idk that's me.

i mean to put on sunscreen every time i'm outdoors, but i often forget to apply it in the colder months since i don't go outside for long. i always apply it in the summer though because i'm outside for longer and i burn easily.

the beauty of joseon relief sun: rice + probiotics and skin1004 hyalu-cica water-fit sun serum have worked well for me! i have combination/leaning dry, sensitive, and dehydrated skin, and I live in a place that has hot & humid summers. for me, these two sunscreens are lightweight, not too oily/greasy (but it is slightly dewy, which is OK with me), and do not leave a white cast :]

i'm a redhead with really pale skin, so i have to wear spf in the summer or i'll probably die. even best case scenario is that i'll burn.

honestly the only time you’ll catch me wearing sunscreen is if I go to the beach or something. I really should try to make it a habit to wear it daily cause ya know skin cancer and all. I just hate the feeling of sunscreen, it’s so thick and sticky feeling. maybe I’ll start with finding a light weight spf face moisturizer first and then hopefully upgrade my efforts from there before the sun completely destroys me.

I wear spf everyday, even when indoors. it has really helped me prevent any discoloration/redness. I currently use the spf from the brand Skin1004 ! It's the centella hyalu-cica sun serum :] centella asiatica is so great if you're prone to redness yall

i wear sunscreen everyday, even in the winter. it’s part of my skincare routine since a gel i used makes my skin sensitive to sun exposure. it’s become a habit so i feel weird when i don’t apply it

I burn super easily, so as soon as it’s a warm sunny day best believe I’m slathered in suncream! I had a really good routine of putting spf on my face year round but I’ve slipped out of that - now that it’s getting sunnier it might entice me more. I do need to invest in a slightly nicer face one too!

Both give you skin cancer.
I let life do the deciding, I was forced to as a kid. As an adult I think to myself...

All of humanity for thousands of years didn't wear sunscreen. Woohoo.

I usually put on sunscreen when I plan to be outside in the summer (sometimes winter too) for longer periods of time, or when in/by water. Although, last summer I got sunburn on my hands while driving in Wyoming, so maybe I’ll be more prudent about putting it on more frequently.

My sun levels are so low that my doctor constantly tells me to take my vitamin D pills as my levels are as low as my voice. 😎👉

its been rainy and gloomy here, so i havent had much sun recently. it just started to get sunny out so i've been working on the front and backyard!

i never do, but i want to start doing so. problem is, i can't seem to find any good sunscreens that don't leave a white cast on my face lol

always do face unless im super lazy. rest of body is a maybe if very exposed or a yes if I'm planning on being outside for a long time.

I wear it regularly! With my job I'm outside for a few hours a day (2-3 hours, sometimes more) so I know it's important. It's something I'm getting better about now (thanks to @Saylor really she is good about her spf!!) But when I was younger I didn't think I needed it because I don't burn lol I just get a tan so I was like 🤷‍♀️ I must not need it!!!

That logic is not sound and has no base in science I do need sunscreen and whoever is reading this needs it too!!! You can eat raisins but you shouldn't be a raisin.

Winter slowly/finally going away? Where do you all live? Winter is dead where I live. Very depressing. I wish that I lived somewhere where it was still winter. Or that ever had a winter to begin with. T.T

Anyway, I don't get much sun exposure. I'm very indoorsy, and part of that (along with sensitivity to temperatures, especially heat and insects) is because the sun is so darn bright and I hate being out in it. I walk outside in the sun and I'm like a vampire. lol. I'm allergic to the sun.

Those few times I am outside in the sun extended (I avoid that!) I will put on sunscreen.

I regularly wear sunscreen, not so much for the fact of skin damage but rather I want to avoid getting burnt lol

Back