• Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Suggestion for Brewster's arrival

Personally I dont care at all.
Either way it's just sitting down and drinking something.
Perhaps if they gave different benefits depending on what you drank it would be cool.
But as it stands, all we have is energy to dig up trees so I'm not sure what effects the drinks could have.

But if they don't do something different depending on what you order, then really it's just sitting down and taking a sip of something.
So what the something is doesn't bother me what so ever

Maybe one drink gives you guaranteed moving out dialogue for the next villager you talk to and another drink gives you free access for the next time you would use a Nook Miles ticket. Of course, there would need to be cooldowns for powerful benefits such as these :) If Nintendo doesn't want to add in major benefits with cooldowns to consumables, some smaller benefits a drink/food could give would be the ability to craft multiples of one item for a limited time, make fish/bugs more likely to appear for a limited time. or make villagers more friendly towards the player thereby raising the chances by a small amount of them wanting to give you their photo for a limited time.

I think it would be very cool if they turned the Roost into a café you can customize, or just add additional feature that were not in AC:NL. Only being able to use the existing minigame from AC:NL makes me not excited for Brewster's return.

We have to think about this logically. First of what will the The Roost have to offer? If you look at what Brewster was all he did was give you coffee and sometimes coffee beans when he warms up to you over time. In City Folk he always always offering you Gyroids since he was always a fan of them, then in New Leaf you can work for him to serve coffee to all the villagers and NPCs. So what will Brewster's role be in this game? Well here's how I see it and this will probably in typical Nintendo fashion that may not please people. Brewster could appear as a special visitor by Resident Services where he does give you Coffee and he mentions how this is a "nice island" to live on, but you have to keep talking to him whenever he comes by.

Think of Mable when you first started the game. The only way to get her to move into your island to setup shop is to purchase enough items for her and let her visit more days to feel more satirized into setting up the able sisters shop. With Brewster since he only serves Coffee he needs to feel more satisficed and motivated to setup The Roost. When he does feel good about it he will probably tell you to speak to Tom Nook about it and he will give you a DIY recipe that shows you the materials to build the The Roost, similar when you first build the Nook Cranny's shop the first time when starting the game and the Campsite.

Once Brewster has his shop setup the only things he can do in the shop is sell different variety of food items to you, serve you coffee, and maybe finally giving you Gyroids but he mentions you have to craft them since this game is all about crafting. Anyways thats how I see it if that is the direction Nintendo wants to do this. However they do it will be up to them, but at the moment we really don't know how well the The Roost will function, so only time will tell once we see the Animal Crossing Direct in October this year.

I think it would be very cool if they turned the Roost into a café you can customize, or just add additional feature that were not in AC:NL. Only being able to use the existing minigame from AC:NL makes me not excited for Brewster's return.

A Youtuber mentioned that the painting hanging in the background of the title card for the Roost was different between the Japanese and English announcements. I don’t really think that means Nintendo will have different versions of the Roost, or if we will be able to customize the cafe, but it is interesting to think about.

In any event, my hope is that there is something new and substantial with the Roost mechanics. While many hope that ACNH Roost will operate like any of the previous versions, my hope is that Nintendo will build on what they have done in the past and do something new and different as well. ACNH shouldn’t just be a remake of older games! 😀

As a tea drinker that dislikes coffee, I approve of your suggestion. This would be a nice update.

I also dislike coffee, but love tea. I have often tried to steer clear of The Roost (after getting my relationship with Brewster to a decent level), because I wouldn't drink coffee IRL, and I find it odd how I am forced to endure it in-game. Would make the Roost a more lively place if you could get both coffee and tea there, so that way both people can feel welcome.

In the previous titles, I always pretended the coffee was tea. It doesn't affect me irl to drink in-game coffee, so I don't care if a range of drinks were to be added or not.

It'd be cool to see if cafe treats were sold as I can see how our character holds each object, interact/eats and how it's displayed. One thing I thought of if Brewster has seasonal treats like how IRL coffee shops are like. It's a small detail but I think it'd be cute!

But I'm more interested on what type of job we'd be given and items earned. That's the exciting part.

I also dislike coffee, but love tea. I have often tried to steer clear of The Roost (after getting my relationship with Brewster to a decent level), because I wouldn't drink coffee IRL, and I find it odd how I am forced to endure it in-game. Would make the Roost a more lively place if you could get both coffee and tea there, so that way both people can feel welcome.

Also, according to multiple online sources, tea is a very important part of Japanese culture, the country where the first original animal crossing copies were sold, so it seems weird that Brewster was not selling tea as an option from his first appearance. If nothing else, I think this would be another great way for Nintendo to pay homage to Animal Crossing's origins using one of the game's most popular NPCs. Brewster could even present a small tidbit about Japan whenever the player orders tea.

I care more about food and drink, cafe/restaurant/kitchen/etc. related furniture than what he offers for us to drink tbh. I am curious what the cafe will offer this time (like a mini game— maybe two? one with food and the other with drinks), but still concerned with furniture atm. I will say that I’d like if he offered smoothies, juice or other kinds of drinks as well and snacks (and some that won’t be consumed and can be displayed as furniture).

It’d be cool if like i mentioned in other threads about if cooking was introduced and if we could eat the meals or use it as decoration, eating the food — instead of just letting us break rocks, give us different buffs like one hour swim and dive faster/breathe underwater longer, one hour detectability by the bugs lower, 30 minutes of higher chance of getting rare items when shaking trees or finding them buried or something (maybe some you can find with this on), etc…

I would love seeing some villagers that we don’t have on our island visit the cafe too :).

I have to many expectations for brewster to put it word 😅 but let me try:

-be able to part time either as a barista or as a pastry helper
-different drinks depending on season ( like having a spice pumpkin latte during winter or a fresh lemonade in summer)
-improvement of quality life
-rewards based on part-time progression
-maybe if more harvest are introduce, quality of food based on ingredients ( mushrooms, pumpkins etc, maybe one day lifestock and we can add milk? Sorry to much wishfulthinking 😅)
-gyroid museum
-life music performance or some tipe of performance activity every once is a while ( 1 a week )
-my espreso machine that i have in my living room producing coffee or maybe be able to get one workable machine from Brewster at some point and maybe the kitchen to be able to cook ... maybe !

and many more some are too much asking for because we will def not get it in this series but o well i Girl can dream
EBCDDE15-BD58-49AE-AF14-F4EDB9BB4E5D.jpeg
2D30D536-BD05-424F-9EEE-9FD56F94A61F.jpeg

there already is livestock... 🙄 duh

But we could have mini cows like the miniature horse in rl for livestock its just an example. But that the villagers resemble an animal doesn’t meant we can not have pet/livestock etc otherwise please explain to me the caged hamster we have in game and the hamster villager 😅

It would also be great if they added a bottle of water. For those that don’t drink coffee or tea :D

Like an option to buy bottled water, and then also have an option for a free cup of water.

What kind of shop doesn’t serve water anyways?

I care more about food and drink, cafe/restaurant/kitchen/etc. related furniture than what he offers for us to drink tbh. I am curious what the cafe will offer this time (like a mini game— maybe two? one with food and the other with drinks), but still concerned with furniture atm. I will say that I’d like if he offered smoothies, juice or other kinds of drinks as well and snacks (and some that won’t be consumed and can be displayed as furniture).
How cool would it be if the Sweets series was brought back via the café 👀 Ugh, one can only hope! I'm hoping for more food related furniture, too

I never played NL, so I don't have a frame of reference from Brewster or the Roost. It would be kind of neat to see drinks by personality, also maybe special drinks for birthdays. Villagers already get to have birthday cupcakes, so a birthday drink in the other hand sounds great!

I also like the ideas of tea, juice, water, etc. Seasonal drinks would be nice too. I know that in theory, most drinks transcend seasons, but you know what I mean.

I'm not sure I like the idea of having to bring ingredients. Part of me thinks it'd be a fun in-game aspect, part of me would be annoyed, like why can't I just get the drink.

After seeing the direct, it seems that Brewster will stick to his guns and still only serve coffee. I'm still holding out hope for other drinks even if just a tea inclusion because I just really really despise the taste of coffee. I suppose the ability to cook makes up for his bland selection as long as we are able to create drinks as well in this new update and I think I'd be willing to forgive Nintendo if Brewster is going to continue to be closed-minded.

Anyway, I'm bringing back this thread till it inevitably dies again because I want to hear other peoples' thoughts and reactions on Brewster post-direct and more specifically once again his seemingly limited drink selection.

After seeing the direct, it seems that Brewster will stick to his guns and still only serve coffee. I'm still holding out hope for other drinks even if just a tea inclusion because I just really really despise the taste of coffee. I suppose the ability to cook makes up for his bland selection as long as we are able to create drinks as well in this new update and I think I'd be willing to forgive Nintendo if Brewster is going to continue to be closed-minded.

Anyway, I'm bringing back this thread till it inevitably dies again because I want to hear other peoples' thoughts and reactions on Brewster and more specifically once again his seemingly limited drink selection.
I wouldn’t be surprised if they added more drinks, but who knows

There is a clear display counter behind him— could that be where he sells different items? I still have a hard time believing the Direct showed everything about the Roost. It feels like Brewster has more to offer, or else he does seem like a wasted opportunity.

Im hoping they let it all to out discovery 🤞🏼

Back