• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Songs that make you feel nostalgic?

Summerboy by Lady Gaga. It was my favourite song when I was 11-years-old, and so much weird stuff was going on back then that I think a lot of it shaped who I am as a person.

'Crimson King' by Demons & Wizards! It's what got me into metal music.

Stuff like Last Friday Night by Katy Perry and Poker Face by Gaga are just classic from my childhood.

Can't forgetthe nostalgic music from Gen 3 Pokemon, especially the rival theme and Groudon and Kyogue's theme!

Basically every song I've listened to from at least 2 years ago. But, that is a lame answer. So, an OST that really hits me in the feels is that of The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks. I know a lot of people don't, but I actually really like that game and its soundtrack. I'll link the song that probably hits me in the feels the most.
I think it's because I started getting into the game after moving into a new state. The game was a nice escape from the stressful move. Also, we had to travel a lot during that period, and I would always play this game. Even after I beat it, I would just kinda drive around and do random stuff simply for fun, something I feel I can't really do now. Good times.

I just heard this song for the first time the other day, and it makes me feel really nostalgic about the 80s (even though I wasn't even born til '99).

There's quite a few other songs that make me feel nostalgic, especially those I was obsessed with when I was 10-15.

Ahem--
I WANNA BE THE VERY BEST LIKE NO ONE EVER WAS DUN DUN DUN TO CATCH THEM IS MY REAL TEST TO TRAIN THEM IS MY CAUSE POK?MON!!!!!
Yeah that.

Stay Together for the Kids by Blink-182... I had an ex boyfriend learn to play the beginning part on the guitar and honestly every time I hear that song it always takes me back. I mean, he was my first boyfriend (and possibly first love?) and we had been dating for a year and a half starting in 7th grade. I was the one who broke it off, and yeah for a while I regretted it until I met my husband :) Though it takes me back to memory lane every time I hear it. I had a recording of him playing it, but my husband made me delete it back when we were dating (we were in HS at the time). Honestly I kinda regret deleting it but at the same time, the past needs to stay in the past xD

“You’re Gonna Miss This” by Trace Adkins is nostalgic for me. I am twenty years old, and I was one of the people that absolutely dreaded school. It felt tedious to me waking up that early just to be bullied. Bullying was a huge problem for me in my childhood. I felt bad back from doing well in school because I was busy worrying about the bullies. I didn’t have many friends in school and I was definitely the outcast. I always think back on school how I always wanted to be older. I always wanted to know what the real world was like. I wanted to work, have bills, and be responsible. I wanted that adult life.

i'm sure there are more, but one that really sticks out to me is stacy's mom. not only is it iconic from singstar (which holds memories from when i was younger and closer to my family) but also when i was in school and i went to a party for a girl named stacy. the song started playing on her playlist, and her mom came out and started dancing and was having a good time, and all i remember was smiling to myself as all of us watched and cheered her on. sadly she passed away about a year later from cancer, but whenever i hear this song it bring me back to that day.

There?s a loooottt, pretty much all of Selena Gomez?s very old albums and Cheryl Cole?s veryy old album, the one with fight for this love on it. They were my idols when I was about 8 lmao

Last edited:
Waaaaaaaay too many to name, but I'll mention a couple. One very nostalgic tune for me happens to be "Blue On Black" by Kenny Wayne Shepherd. This song reminds me a lot of the 1990s (more specifically, the second half of that decade). I used to think this was some type of Grunge (in the acoustic style of the Jar Of Flies EP by Alice In Chains), but it's actually pretty bluesy and even southern-like.

Another one is Deftones' "Minerva". I first heard this song on a local Alternative Rock radio station back when it was still brand-new (in 2003). During this time I just remember looking through the magazines from Best Buy and Circuit City that we got in the mail every week to see what were the latest music releases (which at the time came out every Tuesday. Not sure if they still do that nowadays). A similar thing applies to "Change (In The House Of Flies)", but I'm only going to feature the first Deftones song I mentioned:

For me, personally, songs I started listening to around the time I got into anime and started writing seriously, in my preteens:
"Bad Romance" by Lady Gaga
"Hit Me Baby One More Time" by Britney Spears
"Shape of My Heart" by the Backstreet Boys
"I Swear" by All-4-One
"Dragonstea Din Tei" by O-Zone
"Lollipop (Candyman" by Aqua
"Firefly" by the A-Teens
"Butterfly" by smile.dk
"Roses are Red" by Aqua
"Dr. Jones" by Aqua
Most of Celtic Woman from the early to mid-2000s.

I've got a few:

"Across the Universe" by The Beatles

I first heard this song almost 10 years ago in 8th grade, shortly before we had our 8th grade dance. My parents own a vinyl copy of The Blue Album (1967-1970) and I wanted to listen to the tracks released during the Let It Be sessions. This song caught my attention, and after I had a really good time dancing with some female friends (who I really wish I still talked to as their personalities back then were pretty much the same as my own today), I put this specific song on the record player when I got home, and instantly had a moment. I nearly teared up because I was still thinking about the dance; it was one of the few truly happy moments in my life so far. I've associated this song with that dance ever since, and I still get emotional thinking about it.

"Weekend" by Unicorn

Believe it or not, David Gilmour of Pink Floyd produced this forgotten UK band's album in 1976. Why is it nostalgic for me? Well, simply put, "Weekend" is one of the few songs I vividly remember listening to regularly right before New Horizons' release. If you take a listen, it has that slight country vibe to it, without it sounding too country. It just simply gives off good vibes in general. I had actually discovered the song the year before in 2019, and randomly decided to revisit it during the months leading up to the new Animal Crossing title.

"Haunted When the Minutes Drag" by Love and Rockets

From the debut album by several ex-Bauhaus members, this is a song I'd really wish meant more to me than it actually did. Does this come to the rather quick conclusion that the song isn't good? Absolutely not; I love it. If I had success in building friendships and continuing my college education past my high school years, it would be the go-to song for me. Unfortunately, my rather short college career ended up becoming a total disaster, and I had to pay the price of nearly $13,000 for a single semester at the university I dropped out of. If there were any positives that came out of those years, listening to this song was one of them.

"Deep Breakfast" by Ray Lynch

An entire instrumental new age album from the 80's??? Yep. "The Oh of Pleasure" was featured in Grand Theft Auto IV, on one of the radio stations that played ambient new age music. I'm not even joking. But man, what an impact hearing that song had on me. I thought it sounded so good, I decided to purchase the album on my phone in 2012 and give the whole album a listen. Each song is unique in different ways, which is pretty rare for a new age album. I fell so much in love with the genre in general, that I went out to discover more songs like it that were released during the 80's and 90's. I can't believe I'm saying this, but a video game about killing people made me fall in love with ambient new age music. Who knew.

"The Tourist" by Gerry Rafferty

This song, alongside his standout "Baker Street" as well as "Home and Dry" released on the previous album City to City, are excellent road trip songs. I listened to them on the highways leading to my mom's family in Illinois, and have made that connection ever since. I especially love Raphael Ravenscroft's sax playing, which made Rafferty's solo songs popular in the first place. The fact that the songs talk about travelling just makes them even better as the road trip songs I consider them to be.

Last but not least... Electric Light Orchestra

I'm not going to link to a specific song of theirs (I probably met the embed limit for a single post), but I'm going to give a credit to the orchestral rock band Electric Light Orchestra for getting me into old rock music in the first place via my dad, who's a huge Jeff Lynne fan. Growing up, he would always play their albums in the house on repeat, and I realized that this was some real good stuff I was listening to. I further discovered 70's rock more and more on my own, and these days, much prefer it over the new stuff that's released today. That right there is probably the most memorable music moment in my life yet.​

I may post more songs here when I think of them.

Back