• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Songs that make you feel nostalgic?

Probably Paramore's Conspiracy. When I was first getting into Paramore, my mother downloaded their songs onto an MP3 player for me; Conspiracy was apart of the downloads. I was in a mental hospital at the time and I felt soooo lonely in there. See, we weren't allowed devices with cameras, but this pink MP3 player didn't have one, so it was allowed. I switched it on and saw Conspiracy. I'd seen it on YouTube before but had never thought to listen to it. So, tempted to listen to it, I clicked it. And oh my God. I felt so entranced by it and Hayley's voice. It felt amazing and I listened to it over and over again. It made me feel a lot less lonely in there. That's why it's nostalgic: It helped me through those times.

This. First heard it in a documentary during my documentary film class when I took film studies. I mean, the film itself was really awesome, but if one thing hit me hard it was this one. Still makes me cry every time I hear it.

Crimson King by Demons & Wizards. My friend showed it to me and I thought it was awesome as hell! It's basically what got me into metal music!

The Howl's Moving Castle theme song

Same! I used to watch that movie all the time on Disney when I was a kid. The spirited away song, too. Also all those emo bands make me feel pretty nostalgic of middle school

Well many many songs do. I used to listen to the radio a lot in middle-high school. Even on the school bus. So when I hear those songs now on throwback radio stations (even though I'm rarely using the radio anymore for anything), I'd remember riding the bus to school, alone, scared and in the corner. I was somewhat of an outcast in my neighborhood, because they thought that I thought I was too good for them. And of course, past relationships. So these songs would bring a bittersweet feeling, and make me want to try again with what I know now.

Aside from all that, I've been hooked to my games. Growing up, I was a huge fan of Sonic (still am, but I hope they save the franchise). I'd love to listen to the tracks on games like Sonic Adventure 1-2, Heroes, etc, and to this day still have their tracks on my PC LOL.

I guess I spilled more than needed without a single track listed, but you get the idea xD

edit: Oh, and the songs my mum sang to me as a child. The Proclaimers' "500 Miles" and "Let's Get Married" she'd sing to me all the time.

Last edited:
A lot of songs from ds Kirby games. Specifically Kirby Mouse Attack, Kirby Power Paintbrush and Kirby Superstar Ultra.

Literally any song that I heard in 2013 or earlier makes me nostalgic. Including the entire AC:WW soundtrack

Its just you- from the Kim Possible movie
Code Lyoko
Original Teen Titans theme song
Snake Eater from Metal Gear Solid
Sims 1 music
Everthing's gonna be alright- Chipmunks
Hex girl- Scooby Doo
PB and J opening theme
Out of the Box
That one song that Ron and Kim danced to at the prom(?)
Soooooooo much more

Last edited:
I'll just name a few (but tbh mostly childhood shows)
Code Lyoko
Arthur
Stand by me by Ben E King
M.Night Shyamalan's signs opening song
wind by akeboshi
Get backers anime opening song
Spirals opening song
Scooby Doo on Zombie Island - Its terror time again
Dinosaur King opening song

That song Puppycat sings about the prince in the pilot episode of Bee and PuppyCat! It brings me back to 7th grade...NO WAIT I DON'T WANNA GO BACK

Any Disney song from the 90's
Howl's Moving Castle and Nausicaa
Any of the jrock songs I listened to pre 2009

*insert all 90's punk and 2000's emo music*
I have a station with all this stuff on pandora that I call my nostalgia radio, I think Green Day, Blink 182, Good Charlotte, and My Chemical Romance are the big four for me. I had posters of each in my room and loudly played their CDs on my boombox.

Back