• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Sketchbook (share your daily/random doodles!)

Screenshot_20240415-191837.png

i feel like my art style changes every 5 seconds

life irl has been hard but i've still been trying to keep myself drawing. spoiler is for large image and also because the character hasn't had clothes drawn on, but there's no visible genitalia or anything of that sort. kinda like a barbie i guess lol. of anything on this, im actually happy with how the nose came out 🫶 i love drawing noses idk why. it's not quite the correct shape for THIS specific character but i like it so i keep it LOL

Untitled3_202404131521292 (1).png

I've really been struggling to do full-fledged art pieces lately, pieces that I start usually don't go much of anywhere. just been so overwhelmed trying to sort out my living situation and deciding what I want to do with my future and what steps I need to take.

BUT I have been doing a few little sketches that I'm happy with! the first is a character that I came up with fairly recently (as in like a month ago hehe), a rainbow kistune. this is just the traditional sketch, I do have line art done but I haven't been able to make it much further than that. I'm not sure what to name her yet!
20240409-130129.jpg

(the assistant branch manager at work saw this and said it looks like something that someone made in art school hehehe)

the second is a quick sketch I did of my favourite wiggler bab, Prince Florian 🌼🐛 I'm actually really happy with this so I hope that I can finish it.
prince-florian.png

I love doing hypothetical colouring/shading when I do sketches~
prince-florian-w-colour-shading.png

and then the third is just a sketch that I did at work today while we were slow. I've been like lowkey obsessed w Spongebob for the last week or two, so of course I had to draw him. I swear I haven't drawn him since I was in high school 😭
20240419-200203.jpg

(don't mind the paper, this was originally just a thrift store checklist and I decided to draw spongy boy on it for some reason haha)

I'm very good at starting sketches and filing them away for years and never finishing them... but there's a rare chance that I revisit and actually DO manage to finish them! This one is just a simple headshot of my character, Meredith. I created this one back in 2022 - I only had finished the linework and never colored it, so I decided to finally finish it today! I'm trying to make it a habit to finish more drawings this year so I'm pretty happy with it!

image_by_ningyoutachi_dh9gy4h-375w-2x.jpg

1713671727167.png

My first comm for a black character with textured hair! I'm nervous but excited to dive into something new. She has a cyberpunk aesthetic, but I was told she's also shy, so I have to figure out how to convey that. I'm also so flattered to receive requests that I don't have samples of, because that means they believe in me enough to succeed, lol. I hope to do her justice! ^__^

EDIT: we have narrowed down to these possibilities
1713718571926.png

Last edited:
A quick drawing based on a strange dream I had.
marie.png

Another bizarre dream I have is that I was with Marie from Splatoon at a subway station and we went up to get food, I was getting some ice cream and I was planning to buy fried chicken for us to share.

(It's a weird dream indeed. And I can't believe that dream involves being with a fictional character.)

It’s been a while since I’ve last made traditional drawings in general. It’s pretty rough and I don’t have any intentions of colouring them, but I still feel pretty happy about these. 😊 Anyways, if you ever remember participating or viewing the entries of the 2022 celebrating diversity event where people created animal villagers based on themselves, you might see a few familiar faces! I’ve written down their names below.
F2CD3928-E7B8-47B9-AE26-C7DF51C3D9E6.jpeg

First, I drew Statice the rabbit (@/.: Meri :.), Nanuk the cat (@/ZeldaCrossing64), and Buttercup the duck (@/Aquilla)! I simply wanted to draw them hehehe.

81C947E3-D7F6-404C-B6B0-6C7750442688.jpeg

Oh, but I made a second group. That’s right, Marble the otter (@/ForeverFox), Marsi the Tasmanian Devil (@/S.J.), and Theodore the rabbit (@/oak) have also appeared!

CC258D20-3404-428A-BF8C-DD9195EF1DF5.jpeg

And here’s the last batch! Haruko the hamster (@/LittleMissPanda), Lenore the raven (@/LadyDestani), and Tempest the deer (@/Xara) are basically vibing together hehehe.

I really hope you guys don’t mind that I drew your animal villagers. It’s just that the event is one of my absolute favourites on the forum and find myself thinking about it every once in a while even to this day. Seeing the original designs was (and still is) very awesome and had fun drawing them!

It’s been a while since I’ve last made traditional drawings in general. It’s pretty rough and I don’t have any intentions of colouring them, but I still feel pretty happy about these. 😊 Anyways, if you ever remember participating or viewing the entries of the 2022 celebrating diversity event where people created animal villagers based on themselves, you might see a few familiar faces! I’ve written down their names below.
View attachment 556472
First, I drew Statice the rabbit (@/.: Meri :.), Nanuk the cat (@/ZeldaCrossing64), and Buttercup the duck (@/Aquilla)! I simply wanted to draw them hehehe.

View attachment 556473
Oh, but I made a second group. That’s right, Marble the otter (@/ForeverFox), Marsi the Tasmanian Devil (@/S.J.), and Theodore the rabbit (@/oak) have also appeared!

View attachment 556474
And here’s the last batch! Haruko the hamster (@/LittleMissPanda), Lenore the raven (@/LadyDestani), and Tempest the deer (@/Xara) are basically vibing together hehehe.

I really hope you guys don’t mind that I drew your animal villagers. It’s just that the event is one of my absolute favourites on the forum and find myself thinking about it every once in a while even to this day. Seeing the original designs was (and still is) very awesome and had fun drawing them!
Oh, this looks awesome! I wonder if something like that is gonna happen again for the this year's Celebrating Diversity event. Probably not, but now I'm inspired to make my villager!

View attachment 556472

View attachment 556473

View attachment 556474

So cute! 😍 They all look fantastic! :D

View attachment 556472

View attachment 556473

View attachment 556474

TEMPEST MY GIRL???? in the kenough shirt too omg……. what if i started crying, this has actually made my night 🥹

that celebrating diversity event was one of my favourite events also! i loved seeing everyone’s unique villager designs and how each villager reflected the interests, personalities and individuality of their artists in their own unique and special ways! i’ve loved seeing the art you’ve made of some of the villagers since then (including your own!), and am so touched that you drew my silly little deer! 🥹 love love love these drawings!! you brought everyone’s villagers and their personalities to life so beautifully!

Back