• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Bug's Art Gallery πŸ’«

I figured I could share my flag design in this thread, I mostly just drew it for participation credit but I do still really like how it turned out! πŸ˜„
crew-flag.png

I'm not gonna lie I really appreciate being a member of the troll crew lolllll

I've been thinking about doing this for a few days, and I've finally decided on it. I'd like to share some of the sketches I've done for drawings that I either never started, or I started and then (for one reason or another) gave up on halfway through. there are some pretty good ones here, figured you guys might like to see them! 😁
not all of these are projects that I started and abandoned, some of them are just silly doodles. but I will say, the ones that are "abandoned" projects may be ones that I'd like to come back to later. only time will tell!

the first one is a sketch I did of my OC Yumi, lying down, leaning on a rock next to a pond. I'm not sure exactly what my plan was for this drawing, but I'd honestly like to come back to this concept at some point because I don't draw her nearly enough. I'd probably start a new sketch though, instead of going off of this one.
Date: April 9th 2022
yumi-sketch.png

next one is an idea I had for John Gladys and his trusty partner Comet. I think this was just meant to be a test sketch, I don't recall having any intention to turn this into a full drawing.
Date: April 28th 2022
john-gladys-and-comet.png

this one is a failed attempt to draw my flying fox OC, I really need to study bat/dragon wing anatomy more.
Date: June 5th 2022
flying-foxes-sketch.png

here I had a funny concept with my sona Sterling standing in front of a bunch of pride flags, saying "there's no such thing as too many pride flags!" I'm not sure why I didn't go very far with this one, but I know if I went back to it I would very likely redo the sketch. this one is pretty messy haha.
Date: July 3rd 2022
not-too-many-pride-flags.png

now this is one I had a serious plan to draw, and yet I never even started the line art. I think my depression was hitting me really bad at the time, so I couldn't find the motivation to do so. I'd really like to come back to this one at some point, even now I really like this sketch a lot and I think this drawing has some great potential for color study! in case you can't tell, it's meant to showcase items from Azalea's Train Cookie in Pocket Camp! and ofc it features Azalea and my boy Daniel as conductors hehe.
Date: July 10th 2022 (Started June 7th)
conductor-boyeeee.png

this is another one I had planned on drawing, but never did. it features my characters Ben (a grey squirrel) and Jackie (a black--or melanistic grey--squirrel) playing baseball! I think I'd like to come back to this one sometime, it's an interesting study on perspective, which I definitely need some practice with hehe.
Date: August 3rd 2022
ben-and-jackie-playing-baseball.png

alright this is one I definitely want to come back to at some point. I never do Zelda fan art so I'd really like to finish this drawing. I think what held me back was trying to draw young Link, but I don't think it'll be that big of a deal. I just really like this concept!
Date: October 5th 2022
link-and-a-keaton-sketch.png

this was my original concept for the drawing of Petunia wearing overalls instead of her normal dress. I planned for her to stand next to Toby. I think my proportioning was pretty far off, and I didn't feel like going through the hassle of fixing it, so I dropped this drawing and redid it later.
Date: January 17th 2023
toby-and-petunia2.png

I'm actually really happy with my progress on this one. this is Bug, my dragon-sona from Flight Rising. it was going pretty well, but I got stumped on the wings and gave up, I guess. I may go back and finish this sometime soon, hopefully I can figure out how to draw the wings properly.
Date: February 21st 2023
buggy.png

another Flight Rising related one, this is my coatl Priscilla who is a certified crazy cat lady(tm). I still have plans to come back to this one, so it may show up at a later time!
Date: April 1st 2023
priscilla-the-crazy-cat-lady.png

I've been debating whether or not I want to finish this one, I like how it was going but there's something about it that kinda bothers me. I don't know, maybe I'll at least try to finish it. it is a fantastic concept after all, mr tyuiop almost got pulverized by mr thwompo but luckily he got a wobble at worst. πŸ˜‚
Date: May 30th 2023
yt-avatar.png

here's one I started recently, featuring who other than the Chomp King haha! but I ended up not finishing because I (without even really thinking about it) ended up re-doing this drawing and actually finishing that one. I do like how this one was going though, I'm just not sure if I'll come back to it or not.
Date: June 3rd 2023
chomp-king-really-rough-sketch-3.png

and lastly, a quick sketch I did of Artemis. I was planning on this being the first digital drawing of her, but then I did the other one and I was really happy with it, so this sketch remains an unfinished drawing. I don't think I'll come back to this one, I'd like to do a drawing of her using her scepter but I'm thinking it'll be more dynamic and probably also include another character.
Date: July 13th 2023
artemis.png

I do have a few doodles to share, this one is one I actually kinda forgot that I did, but I found recently and it made me laugh out loud. I think this would actually make for a great piece of fan art, dunno if I'll actually draw it though.
Date: May 2nd 2022
magikoopa.png

this was for a drawing idea I had/have, it's from another scene in my fanfic where Chompy finds the alcove in Whomp's Fortress where Spike and Zulo usually spend their time. I guess this turned into more of a study than something for a drawing, but it's still noteworthy I think. I like to imagine that the fortress is not, in fact, floating in the middle of nowhere. rather it's situated on a little hill, and it retains the extra platforms circling it from its iteration in Super Mario 64 DS.
Date: May 26th 2023
fortress-alcove-doodle.png

this post is very image heavy, so I put all the drawings/sketches into a spoiler, that way they don't bog down my art thread. enjoy! ~❀️

edit: added a few more drawings 😌

Last edited:
since I decided to change back to my original avatar/sig pictures, I'll go ahead and share the ones that I made to support my crew, Actually, Nevermind! aka the best crew in the world 😌

space-thwompo.png
space-thwompo-signature.png

I have soooo many WIPs and ideas right now, I just haven't had time to do them because of camp and also because I've had so many personal things going on OTL but I'm really excited to start working on them soon!! until then yall can enjoy watching minty space thwompo float through the psychedelic vastness of outer space ✨

made this really fast for the next piano video I'll be posting soon, since it's a piece from Super Mario Galaxy 2 I figured it would be fitting to draw a Luma surrounded by star bits! I wanted to go with a slightly more messy style (courtesy of @/Drawdler) and I actually really love how this turned out πŸ’žπŸŒŸ
smg.png

Last edited:
still on hiatus but I finished a few drawings and I would really like to share them 😌

I actually started this one right around the time the Space Camp event started (so like 4 weeks ago ksdjfksd), but because I've been so busy with the event and personal stuff I couldn't finish it until now. I was really close to being done with it anyways, so I figured I may as well! I really wanted to draw Rex, an enemy who has only appeared in Super Mario World and a few spin-off titles, like the Mario & Luigi series and Super Princess Peach. He deserved a decent piece of artwork haha. I also drew the blue Yoshi from SMW, wings and all, because that's my favorite Yoshi in the game hehe πŸ’™ fun fact, did you know that Rex is a distant relative of Yoshi? they really do vibe together, though I feel like Yoshi is a bit too happy-go-lucky for Rex to put up with lol.
as a side note, I'm pretty proud of how I drew their hands/shoes, and I think their poses are nice and dynamic too! I'm really happy with this drawing πŸ’•
rex-and-yoshi.png

I also did a relatively simple drawing of Allo and Molly together, and it's another traditional piece drawn in my trusty sketchbook! I've really been wanting to draw Allo since, when I made that height reference chart, I made him a lot smaller than he's supposed to be. he's a wall boy, he's supposed to be tall (though not as tall as Mr Whompo ofc). I drew him with Molly to compare their sizes; for reference, a paratroopa is about 4/5ths of Mario's height, so Allo is definitely pretty tall!
in the middle of sketching this out I decided that I wanted to draw the little thought bubble with hearts in it; I figured that would make the drawing a little more interesting, since it reveals something about their relationship dynamic that I hadn't even considered myself. for context, Allo is a guard in Whomp's Fortress and is considered a higher-up, but he tends to get along better with the younger troops (aka Shadow and the other young-uns) than his peers. the other guards and troops, especially Molly, tend to be annoyed by his antics, since he has such a positive and laid-back personality and he likes to poke fun at his fellow inhabitants in a light-hearted way. they still work well with him, but they're more so acquaintances.
despite not being liked personally by Molly, however, Allo has a particular interest in her. perhaps he likes her "bad dude" personality, seeing her rebellious nature as something to be admired. I suppose you could say it's like a platonic infatuation. of course, unfortunately, she does not return his affection, but that's okay. he would still do anything for her, including letting her perch on him while serving as a lookout. 😁
20230822-122224.jpg

now if you'll pardon me, I have commissions to work on! ☺️ and I might just get around to sharing my camp drawings eventually ajsfksdjg

happy to announce that I am, once again, on a drawing kick haha! πŸ˜„

I randomly got the idea yesterday that I would draw my oc Marco with the Galaxolotl, so I did just that! I honestly was not planning to go all out with this, but somewhere down the line I figured it would be neat to do some color experimentation, and yall?? I really love how this turned out!! I think there's even more room for improvement but I'm absolutely loving the bold complimentary colors!! πŸ’– as for the drawing itself, Marco really likes shiny things and he's enamored with the galaxolotl star fragment, so he's expressing his appreciation for it! he's very outgoing and even a bit zany, and I like to think that the Galaxolotl is friendly but shy. yet here they are, forming a newfound and wonderful friendship! ✨

anyways yeah, here's to my fellow Galaxotols! it was nice goin up against yall during the space camp event hehe πŸ˜ŒπŸ’•

marco-and-the-galaxolotl.png

Last edited:
so I wanted to share the art pieces that I made for Space Camp TBT 2023, but along with realizing that I never uploaded my stuff from Camp TBT 2021, I also never shared the stuff that I made for many of the other events from 2020 and beyond! there are lots of interesting things to share, so I'll go ahead and put all of them into this post!
I'll separate each event into its own spoiler, since this post is very image heavy. enjoy looking through them! πŸ˜„πŸ’•

I think this was where each person was given a two-word prompt, where the two words were randomized and we would have to create a drawing for it. my first prompt was "photogenic crybaby", and this is what I made from that
1598744424974.png

my second prompt was "electrical designer-handbag" so I went with a pretty obvious choice here haha
1599951483334.png

for this one we were given a template and we had to create a makeup look based on a villager (I think), so I decided to make one based on one of my favorite villagers, Pietro!
1599529769378.png

for the last one, we had to make a magazine cover and then one page from said magazine, here's my entry for that! it's really not a masterpiece, I'm sure this was just for credit, but I'll still share it lol. you may have seen the drawing of Mitzi before, because @/ZeldaCrossing64 actually used it as their avatar for a bit hehe
Magazine-Mashup-Page-1.png
Magazine-Mashup-Page-2.png

we were tasked to design an ornament, so I drew something simple and made it into a rainbow! and then I threw in a few sparkles for good measures, because of course I did lol.
1608095876832.png

as an added bonus, I found this drawing I did for @Foreverfox around that time! seeing this is such a throwback, I believe that's the first time we really interacted and became friends! and now ofc she's one of my best friendos πŸ₯°
1609313342763.png

I made this valentine card for my friendo @ali.di.magix and it actually ended up winning me a staff favorite and a pave tail feather collectible! I'm really proud of this one! I actually still have this card too, safely tucked away somewhere πŸ’œ
20210216-152150.jpg

20210216-205213.jpg

as an added bonus, I took this screenshot in-game when I won the pave tail feather collectible hehe. Kat was very excited for sure! 😁
2021030115540100-02-CB906-EA538-A35643-C1-E1484-C4-B947-D.jpg

my slightly half-assed attempt at making a flag for team Evergreen haha. still looks pretty good though imo! even if it was just for participation 🌳
1628790373730.png

one of our tasks was to pick something out of AC's "bug" encyclopedia and draw it, so of course I picked my favorite bug, the Hercules Beetle! I don't draw bugs/insects very often and it kinda shows here, but I still really love this drawing! πŸͺ²
1628529666590.png

and then of course, one of the most legendary drawings I've ever made. for this one we had to pick a creature out of the "fish" encyclopedia, so I went with one of my favorite fish in the game, the Oarfish! imagine how stoked I was to draw this and then discover that the staff would make an oarfish collectible haha!
1629580424958.png

here's the postcard I made for "Tales from our Travels". I really love this one, because it ended up winning me the rainbow jellyfish! along with my entries for "Hiking Trip" and "Campfire Singalong" of course 😌
1629214590726.png

speaking of "Campfire Singalong", here's the lyrics I wrote for it, as well as me singing along with it! people absolutely loved this one and I'm glad they did! sometimes being a musician really pays off hehe

also never forget when I made green deviled eggs for my team πŸ’š
20210823-150559.jpg

we had to make a... well, some kinda monster, floating in a jar of liquid, thus I brought to life the "creepy doll"! I still really wish the staff would make us a creepy doll collectible lol.
20211025-121528.jpg

the staff needed me to prove that I actually, by some crazy chance, made it float like that in the liquid, because of course it was a drawing on a piece of paper. and yes, I did! I laminated the drawing with packing tape and then used a piece of yarn to hold it down. it was pretty wild haha.
20211025-125350.jpg

we also had to make a costume for a stuffed animal, so I went all out and made a dress for my white poodle Caroline to wear! this actually inspired a drawing that I would make later in 2022! I had hand-sewn this and it took literal hours so I was definitely proud of my work here, especially since I've never made plushie clothes before!
20211029-013933.jpg
20211029-013841.jpg

and the last image I have to share was for a contest where we make a Halloween-themed dish, so of course here I come with my creepy crawly deviled eggs! I loooooove making deviled eggs, I make them really good haha. I should make more sometime!
20211030-134846.jpg

we had to take a template and come up with a "quilt" kinda design for it, so this is what I made! I went with a lineless style for this and I think it looks pretty cute! I wonder if anyone took all those entries and actually made them into a quilt?
export1639614584806.png

don't remember what the prompt was for this one, but I still really like this drawing. perhaps it's where I imagine myself some time down the road, or what I see myself doing on some special holiday evening, since I am a pianist! 🎹
export1639622119771.png

The only thing I have to share for this one is my door design for "Hidden Hideaways", it didn't win anything but I honestly really love this! of course it has a rainbow in it too! 😁🌈 perhaps it leads to a land of gay vibes oops
hidden-hideaways-entry.png

for the constellation thing, I had to look a little closely, but I spotted the Spirit of the Cosmos! of course the spirit is a very lovely and starry-eyed fox 🦊 maybe I could turn this fox into a character of mine? ✨
my-night-sky-constellation.png
my-night-sky-with-drawing.png

here's the UFO I made, we were continuing a chain and our team was looking for Gulliver to no avail. perhaps I found him here, falling from gay heaven???
sky-pic-w-ufo.png

and then of course, my passport. I wasn't trying to make anything spectacular, this was mostly for participation, but I still put a decent amount of effort in! I included a few references to past events, and also had to give a mention to Super Mario Galaxy 2, the best space game there ever was haha! this also gave me a good excuse to draw my boy Taylor again ❀️
space-camp-passport.png

Last edited:
I'm always so amazed with your art, your TBT event entries are just spectacular! 🀩
I remember the Mitzi drawing! I actually have the avatar saved on my tablet for future use, it's such an adorable drawing. πŸ’œ

I just have to say how much I love your art πŸ˜πŸ’šπŸ’œπŸ’š You are so talented, I wish I was an artist to do a trade but I’m not, at allπŸ˜‚ You are amazing and your art makes me happy so, thank you dear bug, you are the best πŸ’œ

omg this took me so much longer than I thought it would skdjfs πŸ™‡β€β™‚οΈ totally worth it though!!!

this is a birthday drawing for my bestest broski @Shellzilla_515 !! his birthday was actually almost a week ago, but things happened and I ended up having to delay the completion of this drawing. I actually haven't done many drawings like this (making a drawing as a bday present for someone), but he likes to make birthday drawings for his friends so I figured he deserved one too! 😌
for those not in the know, here I have drawn a 2009 Honda S2000! I did have to use a reference because I am, in fact, bad at drawing cars lol. but I know that this is Shell's favourite car, so I knew I just had to draw it for him! the tires/hubcaps gave me the most trouble, I think they turned out great though! the base colour is blue because that's his favourite colour πŸ’™ I went a little wild with the shading bc that's my vibe hehe. and ofc this car is ✨fabulous✨ so I threw in a few sparkles for good measure! on the right there is Shell's fursona bird bab Pag-asa! he got this car as a gift and he is visibly very excited, especially because it's in his size! (he's a smol birb haha)
honda-s2000.png
I spent a lot of time on this because I wanted it to be as good as it could possibly be! if you're reading this broski, I hope you like the drawing, I'm quite proud of it! I also want to say thank you for being such a wonderful friend, and for everything you've done for me. I'm so grateful to have you in my life! β˜ΊοΈπŸ’•

Last edited:
I have two more doodles I'd like to share before I go to bed hehe~

the first one is actually one I was messing with off and on for a few days, it's a sketch I did of Zulo that I decided I would colour and call it good lol. he looks very similar to Spike but his colours are different, namely that the metal box is indigo instead of blue, the spikes are silver instead of beige, the rings are green instead of orange, and his pupils are magenta instead of red.
this guy is one of the main characters in my fanfic, and I like him in particular because he's basically the definition of "cynical" haha. he serves to balance out Shadow's exuberance and optimism. he's incredibly weary and aloof when Chompy arrives at Whomp's Fortress, claiming that his presence would wreak havoc in the midst of the fortress's peaceful atmosphere. he does eventually come around, though.
mr-zulo-doodle.png

and then I just did this quick drawing after I finished my last one, because... well I don't know, I just like to do doodles sometimes πŸ˜„
I decided to draw the Chomp King again, not only because he's one of my favourite characters of mine, but also because he and Zulo have a somewhat unexpected connection in my story. long ago they both inhabited the Chompworks at the same time, and the bad chemistry which they shared cannot be underestimated. so I figured it would be fitting to draw the two at the same time. not to mention, this guy is just fun to draw in general 😌
mr-chomp-king-doodle.png

also let's not forget that Zulo is about half Mario's height while the Chomp King towers over everyone like a tall building lmaooo

I finished my doodle of tanuki Mario wearing a coin box, I always really liked the boxes that the characters wear in 3D Land/World. there's something about it that makes them look cute hehe 😌 and of course I couldn't resist drawing kitsune Luigi with him! πŸ¦ŠπŸ’š
luggy-n-mayro-w-the-coin-box.png

I don't actually do coloured line art very much, but I figured it would look good with this drawing so I gave it a shot! I like how it turned out πŸ’•

edit: I just randomly decided that I would prefer to actually make an official signature for myself instead of writing out my insta handle (especially since I keep accidentally forgetting to upload stuff to instagram skdjfksdf) so I edited the picture above to include it! I may possibly make an adjustment to it in the future, but I think this one looks great! ☺️

Last edited:
Back