• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Sketchbook (share your daily/random doodles!)

Plume

wiggly days, wiggly nights
Bells
Spring Sakura
Spring Sakura
Blue Train Engine
Sleek Train Car
Cute Train Car
Floral Train Car
Yellow Caboose
ど
う
ぶ
I thought it would be neat to have a thread where everyone can share random drawings and sketches (traditional or digital are both acceptable)! I hope having somewhere to share our sketches can encourage us to doodle more often. c:

I'll start! Here are my sketches for 02/17.
doodlechinstrap.jpg

I've set a daily goal for myself where I draw odd stock photos from amazon...this is the anti-snore chin strap

bonus:
blunderdoodle.jpg

i love this @Plume
here's a random doodle from 2013. sent a pic to my friend who was working at Subway at the time cuz he dropped off a sub to me for Lunch. I was a broke af homie ;~;

i nearly forgot about this til I was rummaging old FB posts. good to know i still make very big headed chibis.
be nice to each other and don't forget to add a doodle to your Thank You notes~ its funny

1383779_233990533423855_310316791_n.png

omg bless this thread. i’ve been meaning to post my random doodles somewhere but i didnt wanna clutter my creative thread that much LMAO

mona is one of my absolute favorite characters in genshin! her thing with the sea and stars really resonates with me as someone who also absolutely adores both. she’s also like, really really pretty ; -; im obsessed with the thought of her dressed up and letting her hair down so i did a little sketch!!

597CC701-DFA2-4F3F-BDFC-A538BEB92E41.jpeg

(wow who is that complimenting her!!!! wow i wonder dkfjjdkd no pls dont wonder im embarrassed i just wanted an excuse to draw her with stars in her hair and eyes)

oooo i looked through my procreate and found a LOT of sketches that probably never saw the light of day.

this one was from like 2 and a half months ago when i was in a pretty dark place. i read cotton cookie’s story in crk and it made me tear up, and idk her being sad kinda resonated with me at the time bc she was my comfort character and i somehow found comfort in her story. i really just wanted to cry loudly at the time like cotton did.
DE8CDBC8-0242-408E-9DBA-EE6582AC23FC.png

this one i did last summer-ish?? wanted to try drawing a little more realistic so i followed some tutorial on youtube on head angles and i just added in details from some of my faves at the time. pls respect me and my smug venti agenda jk
CEF0ADC8-F7A3-405F-9C95-48A2F5081E1C.png

AND LASTLY this has been sitting in my app since FOREVER but i’ve always wanted to finish it (maybe i will soonest). i have numerous headcanons about my island Milkiss and i made this as like a mock manga cover. Bea on the cover photo because she is best girl (asides from Etoile) and she is the main character.
0934CB4C-4A87-4098-A5F8-321AA4F2BBFD.png

I am trying not to unleash my sketchdump on this poor innocent thread, but I have a piece from a year ago that I owe to my husband and I cannot bring myself to work on it anymore because I've changed my method and understanding of art so much:

His request was for his 4 unit team from Fire Emblem Heroes with their special headgear items... and yes, that girl on the right has two street sweeper brooms.
Also, I know he probably doesn't use these units anymore... XD what to do what to do...

working on a sketch of yae miko and baal from genshin impact! the anatomy still needs to be adjusted a lot lol, im not great at drawing full bodies or drawing perspective properly (please dont laugh at the wip hands xD ), but i think miko looks cute and feisty already and i wanted to share c: im sure ill see one billion things to adjust when i come back to this sketch later but thats why i take breaks haha

IMG_0096.png

absolutely love the concept of this thread, here’s a lil sketch I’ve done planning out a bigger painting I’d like to do eventually (APPARENTLY ITS SIDEWAYS AND IDC TO FIX IT TURN UR HEAD), I plan to go w the top option

heavily inspired by my current pfp on discord, I’m rly into ‘fairy grunge’ apparently (THATS WHAT PINTEREST TOLD ME), digging these textures rn, I will continue to have an identity crisis over my inconsistent art style : )
559E9E86-7CD0-4036-A5A2-7DC150DE6A66.jpeg
C0CA2593-ED7C-48E5-B827-D29AE3A15E5A.jpeg

Oh I love this thread!

The previous day I had beaten the grass type gym in Sword with my little baby Joltik, and I was pretty happy, and proud

So while I was waiting for class to start, I just did a quick drawing of my character, giving little Joltik a snuggle on the field
Untitled44_20220223225534.png

I really don’t have much time for sketching at the moment, and My sketches usually just look like a bunch of shapes thrown together before redrawing it in a new layer, but I did record myself jumping off my bed because I wanted to see what a sweater looked like while jumping. I felt so dumb doing it, but I did it for art 🥺
0148EC0B-D3AC-4BA2-99C2-EC9D9ACB4E5E.png

I have a confession: I love the sketch phase and I hate my coloring. I also find my chibis and anime style really disgusting and terrible, so I need to take a break from it. I just don't have the line confidence I want yet!

But back to loving the sketch phase and fanart-- made this portrait of Kimahri Ronso from Final Fantasy X for myself today:

He was my weakest unit, and story-wise, didn't have much presence... but Square totally missed out on the chance to delve into this big cat race, because their look was totally awesome. Instead, in the next console game FFXII, they went for the bunny girls... ofc. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I would totally make fanart of Fran though...

haven't done any sketches recently but here's one I did for my OC Laurie a while back, gonna use this sketch as a reference (since it's kinda old and I can draw poses a bit better now) and turn it into a finished product in CSP, hopefully soon :)
HNI_0008.JPG

(also yeah my sketches aren't particularly pretty to look at lol)

some misc. character designs that play around with shape dynamics. They do have insect-like symbolism.

The tall one is angular-focused. Primarily the triangles and diamonds and modeled after moths.
The short one is some mentor-like figure, this time modeled after crickets.
character size dynamic.png

Back