• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Bug's Art Gallery 💫

omg this took me so much longer than I thought it would skdjfs 🙇‍♂️ totally worth it though!!!

this is a birthday drawing for my bestest broski @Shellzilla_515 !! his birthday was actually almost a week ago, but things happened and I ended up having to delay the completion of this drawing. I actually haven't done many drawings like this (making a drawing as a bday present for someone), but he likes to make birthday drawings for his friends so I figured he deserved one too! 😌
for those not in the know, here I have drawn a 2009 Honda S2000! I did have to use a reference because I am, in fact, bad at drawing cars lol. but I know that this is Shell's favourite car, so I knew I just had to draw it for him! the tires/hubcaps gave me the most trouble, I think they turned out great though! the base colour is blue because that's his favourite colour 💙 I went a little wild with the shading bc that's my vibe hehe. and ofc this car is ✨fabulous✨ so I threw in a few sparkles for good measure! on the right there is Shell's fursona bird bab Pag-asa! he got this car as a gift and he is visibly very excited, especially because it's in his size! (he's a smol birb haha)
honda-s2000.png
I spent a lot of time on this because I wanted it to be as good as it could possibly be! if you're reading this broski, I hope you like the drawing, I'm quite proud of it! I also want to say thank you for being such a wonderful friend, and for everything you've done for me. I'm so grateful to have you in my life! ☺️💕
YYYOOOOO I am SUPER obsessed with this!!! You’d never know you have trouble drawing cars, and the paint job is *chef’s kiss* and the proportions are on point - like, I want that paint job on my real car lol. Not me over here trying to decide which car to fit into a request for you one day haha. The facial expression of Pag-asa is PERFECT too!

finished a commission for the lovely and generous @FrostyAlmonds 💕 I really enjoyed drawing these two and experimenting with the colours, especially since I tried my hand again at coloured line art! also, I don't know if this particular phoenix is sparkly, but it looks very fabulous and I figured it deserved some sparkles hehe ✨
comm-for-Frosty-Almonds.png

I have to apologize for taking so long to finish this, these last few weeks have been kinda crazy for me, mostly because I'm preparing to take a week-long trip. I really appreciate your patience (and the patience of anyone else who is unfortunate enough to be subject to my art procrastination skdjfksdf), I hope you like it! ☺️💜💖

finished a commission for the lovely and generous @FrostyAlmonds 💕 I really enjoyed drawing these two and experimenting with the colours, especially since I tried my hand again at coloured line art! also, I don't know if this particular phoenix is sparkly, but it looks very fabulous and I figured it deserved some sparkles hehe ✨
comm-for-Frosty-Almonds.png

I have to apologize for taking so long to finish this, these last few weeks have been kinda crazy for me, mostly because I'm preparing to take a week-long trip. I really appreciate your patience (and the patience of anyone else who is unfortunate enough to be subject to my art procrastination skdjfksdf), I hope you like it! ☺️💜💖
It’s so beautiful!! I love the pose and colours 😭💙 I saw you chose to draw that character, and I’ve been looking forward to seeing how it turned out!!

it's funny, when I get in the zone I find that I can actually start and finish a drawing like this within only about two hours 😂

ANYWAYS I finished another request from the "draw the user above you" thread! this time around, @kiwikenobi requested that someone draw Count Bleck from Super Paper Mario. that was the first game I played in the Paper Mario series (I believe I got the game around 2011), and while I do greatly prefer the gameplay style of 64 and TTYD, I have a soft spot for SPM and its plot/lore. so I figured, hey, I would really like to draw this guy! especially since I've never drawn him before hehe~

this time around I decided to go the traditional route once more, and it did present some challenges, but I think that's part of the fun in traditional art! I really like how it turned out honestly, thinking I may have to get a little frame for it and hang it on my wall 😌💕

20230920-151901.jpg

also just realized I didn't write the date on it skdjfksdf I'll go back and do that later lol

I have a lot to say about this, so I'll go ahead and put all my thoughts in a spoiler in case you're interested!
I actually put quite a bit of thought into this drawing. it's been a long time since I've played through Super Paper Mario, so I vaguely remembered the plot and what kind of character Count Bleck was in the game, but not enough to be able to convey him properly in a drawing without looking into it first. so I did some research on my favourite website of all time, the Super Mario Wiki (lmao btw), and I can reiterate here what I learned there. spoiler warning, by the way, in case that's something you want to avoid!

first of all, I should mention that his name is actually Lord Blumiere. so basically, Blumiere was part of the Tribe of Darkness, a tribe which possessed the Dark Prognosticus (a book of prophecies), along with his father. at one point, he was found injured near a cliff by a human girl named Timpani, who took him in and nursed him back to health. he soon became enraptured with her care and kindness, and despite his father's warnings to stay away from humans, Blumiere and Timpani would often spend time together, and they soon fell in love.

Blumiere, afraid that his father might force them to separate, proposed to Timpani and decided that they should go elsewhere to share their love. however, his father quickly discovered what was going on, and he proceeded to complete wipe Timpani's memory and banish her to wander between worlds until the day she died. upon hearing of what his father did, Blumiere traveled between dimensions on his own accord to find her, though his efforts would end up being in vain. what he didn't know was that, in the meantime, Timpani was found by Merlon, a local shaman wizard, and he transformed her into a pixl named Tippi in order to save her life.

left feeling devastated, Blumiere decided that life was not worth living without Timpani, so he stole the Dark Prognosticus and swore to use it to destroy his own dimension as well as every other one in the universe. at this point, he took up the alias of Count Bleck, and with a team consisting of Natasha, O'Chunks, Dimentio, and Mimi, he made residence in a castle in a "world of darkness". with one of his targets being the Mushroom Kingdom, he called forth the Chaos Heart by wedding Bowser and Peach (the prophecy told that it would be summoned by the wedding of a princess and a monster, what a coincidence). once he acquired the chaos heart, he tore a hole in "The Void" and commanded Natasha to brainwash the Koopa Troop in order to follow him. the plot of SPM involves Mario collecting all eight Pure Hearts in order to stop Count Bleck's evil plans.

to briefly go over the proceeding events, Count Bleck's followers are all defeated by Mario and his friends, and Bleck becomes incredibly frustrated by this. once the heroes confront him head-on, Tippi begins to argue with him over the value of all words, and he begins to suspect that she is Timpani. Later, Dimentio confirms this suspicion by mentioning that she said his name, "Blumiere", at one point. Natasha asks him to stop his plans to tear open the Void, but they are too far along, and he continues. eventually, his plans do a 180 when Dimentio takes over the power of the Chaos Heart and swears to destroy all words, an action which Bleck soon came to realize was a mistake (as he had only done it because he was heartbroken). despite his best efforts, though, Dimentio is soon defeated by Mario, the plans to destroy all words are stopped in their tracks, and the power of the Pure Hearts, supercharged by the impending wedding between Bleck and Tippi, returns the world to normal. they return to their previous lives, being known as Lord Lumiere and Lady Timpani, and it's thought that lived happily ever after.
tl:dr this picture is a reference to one point in the game, in which Count Bleck realizes that Tippi is actually his long lost love, Lady Timpani, since she mentioned his real name. this specific depiction I've made here doesn't actually happen in the game, it's simply a very loose representation. but when I read that these two had such a special relationship, I wanted to capture the moment in which Bleck understands that his love is still alive, and that he's very likely made a serious mistake by tearing a hole in the Void.

so yeah, I kinda went all out with this haha oops. I hope you like it kiwi! 💖

well it's been a while since I last posted in here hehe oops
I took a trip to Ontario for a week and a half starting in late September, and then when I got back I was struggling for a little while there, so I kinda stopped drawing... but I'm feeling better now, so I'm starting to ease back into it ☺️

I don't have anything substantial to share today, but I did do a few traditional drawings while I was at work! mostly just doodles, but I wanted to share them anyways 😌

the most important is a set of two drawings that I did of Samurott, aka my favourite fully-evolved started Pokemon (along with Delphox). I saw a drawing that someone else did recently where they drew a Samurott without its helmet, and I figured that would be a neat idea! I've actually been wanting to do it for a few weeks, but only got around to it today. I started with a side profile of his head, which I really liked, so I ended up making a full-fledged drawing of this and aaaaaaaa I really love how it looks!! he looks so cute with his little ears ghfghfh 🥺😭
I really want to take the full-body drawing and turn it into a digital piece so I can colour it, but for now I have this sketch and I like it a lot 💙
20231110-155101.jpg
samu.jpg

aside from those, I also drew a Samurott with its helmet on (I used this as a bit of a warmup; also drew it from memory because, again, Samurott is best boy hehehe). though I tried to outline it and it didn't look so great, hence why the other side profile doesn't have the outline, just the sketch. also yes I know I forgot the spike on top of his helmet fsahsdjkas
other-same.jpg

and this was the first thing I actually drew today, a blue/purple/pink flame not unlike the one associated with my lovely Artemis 💖 I drew this because, earlier today, I got a white gel pen so that I can add highlights on my coloured pencil drawings. it works pretty well, though I'm not sure how well it'll work on a larger scale. I think in terms of small details it's near perfect! as you can see, I drew and coloured the flames, and then I used the pen to add some little white sparkles (and I outlined said sparkles with my ultra fine point pen). I really like how this turned out and I'm excited to use the pen in upcoming traditional drawings!
purple-flame.jpg

I have a few upcoming ideas, can't say for sure when I'll get them out but hopefully soon~

alrightyyyy I was thinking about doing different shading with this one, but I decided that the smooth cel shading looked nice so that's that hehe 💙 ANYWAYS, I ended up taking that doodle I did of Samurott without his helmet and turning it into a digital piece. I quite like how it turned out! 😄
samu-without-his-helmet-hehe.png

been struggling a lot these last few days, but one thing I find that I pretty much always enjoy—whether I'm depressed or not—is drawing! so when I was feeling really low yesterday morning, I decided to continue working on this project that I actually did the sketch for earlier this week. it's a relatively simple drawing, and it was very fun and quite relaxing to work on! ☺️

this drawing is for my dear friend @/Shellzilla_515 and features his spiky sun birb Pag-asa, whom I've drawn multiple times before. but what can I say? he's fun to draw hehe. the context for this particular drawing actually comes from the Zelda games on the Switch, and concerns a piece of apparel called the Snowquill Headdress. this tiny little clump of shiny feathers has the inexplicable ability to keep Link from being cold in any capacity, even in the chilliest of environments. don't ask questions, just embrace the warm feather 😂🪶
Shell and I kinda made it into an inside joke, so I thought it would be funny to draw Pag-asa wearing the headdress in the middle of a snowstorm, and also wearing his beach outfit for good measure. Shell requested that I make the headdress orange since the spiky sun looks good in orange 🧡 part of the joke here also came from a comment that he made when I first brought up the idea, where he said "Wait, [Pag-asa] doesn't have any sideburns, how does that work lol" and I told him we just don't talk about that hehe 🤫 he's also the one who came up w the quote lollll

anyways, I'm happy with the colours and shading in this piece, and I haven't drawn many backgrounds in my drawings lately so I liked doing that too. oh, and of course, sparkly feathers! ✨ our lovely birb is just completely unphased by the blizzard, he's vibing fr. props to him and the warm feather haha! 👏👏👏

only-fools-are-cold.png

Omg I read that you visited Ontario! What cities did you go to? What thing did you see? I live just outside of Toronto!

Also I love the way you draw foxes! They look like something that could star in its own animated series!

Omg I read that you visited Ontario! What cities did you go to? What thing did you see? I live just outside of Toronto!

Also I love the way you draw foxes! They look like something that could star in its own animated series!
I did, back in late September and early October! I visited Toronto as well as Mississauga! I stayed at a place in Mississauga, but that made things tricky bc I spent pretty much every day in Toronto and it was an 80 minute round trip lol. I don't regret it though, I had a lot of fun and I enjoyed driving around Toronto and Ontario in general (it was definitely strange seeing so many Ontario license plates, I wonder if people saw my Ohio plate and wondered why/how I drove so far to get there hehe). I'm planning on going back next year, very excited for that! 🤩

and thank you, I appreciate the kind words 💖 of course foxes are my favourite animal so I absolutely love to draw them!

I did, back in late September and early October! I visited Toronto as well as Mississauga! I stayed at a place in Mississauga, but that made things tricky bc I spent pretty much every day in Toronto and it was an 80 minute round trip lol. I don't regret it though, I had a lot of fun and I enjoyed driving around Toronto and Ontario in general (it was definitely strange seeing so many Ontario license plates, I wonder if people saw my Ohio plate and wondered why/how I drove so far to get there hehe). I'm planning on going back next year, very excited for that! 🤩

and thank you, I appreciate the kind words 💖 of course foxes are my favourite animal so I absolutely love to draw them!
I'm so glad you had fun! Toronto is crazy. There's lots to do and see! You're brave for driving around there with the traffic lol. If you're into nature, I highly recommend the Muskoka area but if you're more of a city lover, Toronto is perfect for you. 👍

been struggling a lot these last few days, but one thing I find that I pretty much always enjoy—whether I'm depressed or not—is drawing! so when I was feeling really low yesterday morning, I decided to continue working on this project that I actually did the sketch for earlier this week. it's a relatively simple drawing, and it was very fun and quite relaxing to work on! ☺️

this drawing is for my dear friend @/Shellzilla_515 and features his spiky sun birb Pag-asa, whom I've drawn multiple times before. but what can I say? he's fun to draw hehe. the context for this particular drawing actually comes from the Zelda games on the Switch, and concerns a piece of apparel called the Snowquill Headdress. this tiny little clump of shiny feathers has the inexplicable ability to keep Link from being cold in any capacity, even in the chilliest of environments. don't ask questions, just embrace the warm feather 😂🪶
Shell and I kinda made it into an inside joke, so I thought it would be funny to draw Pag-asa wearing the headdress in the middle of a snowstorm, and also wearing his beach outfit for good measure. Shell requested that I make the headdress orange since the spiky sun looks good in orange 🧡 part of the joke here also came from a comment that he made when I first brought up the idea, where he said "Wait, [Pag-asa] doesn't have any sideburns, how does that work lol" and I told him we just don't talk about that hehe 🤫 he's also the one who came up w the quote lollll

anyways, I'm happy with the colours and shading in this piece, and I haven't drawn many backgrounds in my drawings lately so I liked doing that too. oh, and of course, sparkly feathers! ✨ our lovely birb is just completely unphased by the blizzard, he's vibing fr. props to him and the warm feather haha! 👏👏👏

only-fools-are-cold.png

He looks amazing! 😍🤩 I hope you’re feeling much better now 🙂

almost forgot to upload this, but I'd like to do so before the new year starts (It's probably already started for some of you oops).

this is my 2023 Secret Santa drawing, and by some sheer coincidence, I got my broski @/Shellzilla_515 as my recipient haha! I think I may have jinxed it, because before I got the match I thought to myself, "wouldn't it be hilarious if I got [him] as my recipient?" and then it actually happened 😂 broski I think I've drawn your lovely bird boy Pag-asa more this year than I've drawn my own floofa choof lol.

anyway, he simply requested that his Santa draw Pag-asa (aka the best birb there ever was), and said that he didn't want the drawing to be Christmas themed, but he didn't mind a Winter theme. he also listed a few of his favourite villagers, including Agent S, Celia, and Queenie. I thought, hey, he really likes Celia (having talked about her quite a bit in the past), so why don't I draw the two together building a snowman? I wanted to experiment a bit with the angle in this drawing, creating a top-down perspective, and idk how well I executed it but I like how this looks! I made the scarf and hat of the snowman blue because that's Shell's favourite colour, and I added a purple flower because purple is nice and complements the shadows of the blue hehe. 💜 while I was coming up with an outfit I remembered when Shell drew Pag-asa (as well as characters for me, @/Midoriya, and @/Roxxy) wearing winter gear, so I used that as a reference! I did add a few Christmas-esque elements, like the poinsettias (yes I'm aware it's a tropical flower and wouldn't grow in snow skdjfks) and ornaments, but I figured they weren't explicitly Christmas themed and would look nice. and of course, I had to make everything nice and colourful and sparkly! ✨
santaaaaaa.png

it's funny because there were a few things going on during the process of this drawing that tickled me a bit. at one point I shared with him a piano cover I did of KK Aria, and he said "this song always makes me think of Celia" as I'm literally sitting here drawing Celia, whom he didn't explicitly ask to be drawn but I decided to draw anyway haha. then, at another point, he had shared with me the documentary that he recently watched about Philippine Eagles (which, btw, was absolutely gorgeous and it really touched my heart), and seeing how happy he was (and is) talking about them, made it even more special to me that I was drawing his bird bab for him yet again. 🇵🇭💕

my dear friend dealt with some struggles during the holiday season, but despite that, he seemed to be incredibly grateful for this drawing, and felt honoured that I was the one to draw it for him. I'm always happy to draw for my dear friends, and it brings me an insurmountable joy that he ended up loving it as much as he did. 🥰

almost forgot to upload this, but I'd like to do so before the new year starts (It's probably already started for some of you oops).

this is my 2023 Secret Santa drawing, and by some sheer coincidence, I got my broski @/Shellzilla_515 as my recipient haha! I think I may have jinxed it, because before I got the match I thought to myself, "wouldn't it be hilarious if I got [him] as my recipient?" and then it actually happened 😂 broski I think I've drawn your lovely bird boy Pag-asa more this year than I've drawn my own floofa choof lol.

anyway, he simply requested that his Santa draw Pag-asa (aka the best birb there ever was), and said that he didn't want the drawing to be Christmas themed, but he didn't mind a Winter theme. he also listed a few of his favourite villagers, including Agent S, Celia, and Queenie. I thought, hey, he really likes Celia (having talked about her quite a bit in the past), so why don't I draw the two together building a snowman? I wanted to experiment a bit with the angle in this drawing, creating a top-down perspective, and idk how well I executed it but I like how this looks! I made the scarf and hat of the snowman blue because that's Shell's favourite colour, and I added a purple flower because purple is nice and complements the shadows of the blue hehe. 💜 while I was coming up with an outfit I remembered when Shell drew Pag-asa (as well as characters for me, @/Midoriya, and @/Roxxy) wearing winter gear, so I used that as a reference! I did add a few Christmas-esque elements, like the poinsettias (yes I'm aware it's a tropical flower and wouldn't grow in snow skdjfks) and ornaments, but I figured they weren't explicitly Christmas themed and would look nice. and of course, I had to make everything nice and colourful and sparkly! ✨
santaaaaaa.png

it's funny because there were a few things going on during the process of this drawing that tickled me a bit. at one point I shared with him a piano cover I did of KK Aria, and he said "this song always makes me think of Celia" as I'm literally sitting here drawing Celia, whom he didn't explicitly ask to be drawn but I decided to draw anyway haha. then, at another point, he had shared with me the documentary that he recently watched about Philippine Eagles (which, btw, was absolutely gorgeous and it really touched my heart), and seeing how happy he was (and is) talking about them, made it even more special to me that I was drawing his bird bab for him yet again. 🇵🇭💕

my dear friend dealt with some struggles during the holiday season, but despite that, he seemed to be incredibly grateful for this drawing, and felt honoured that I was the one to draw it for him. I'm always happy to draw for my dear friends, and it brings me an insurmountable joy that he ended up loving it as much as he did. 🥰
that looks amazing! 🤩 It definitely brightens my mood looking at it! I love how colorful it is and their poses are fantastic! :D That’s awesome you were secret santas to each other ☺️.

Also, Happy New Year! 🎉

new year, new me, new art! I haven't done anything for a while because this year has been all over the place for me so far, getting a lot of personal stuff sorted out and it gets overwhelming sometimes. but I got this idea sometime last month, and I just got around to finishing it yesterday! 😊

here I present two of my anthro OCs, Lumew and Solmew. of course I decided to draw them as regular (feral) cats here, I figured that would be cute. I haven't finished a drawing of these two since April 2022, so it's long overdue. just to briefly talk about them again, their personalities are quite different–Solmew is energetic and loud, and Lumew is quiet and reserved–but they are reflections of each other. they are some of the very few characters of mine who are a couple, and even with their differences, they have a great deal of love for each other. 💖 They can communicate telepathically, and they're very in-tune with each other's emotions and well-being. also, Solmew is very warm and Lumew loves to absorb his warmth a lot hehe. 💕

moon-loaf-bab.png
sun-loaf-bab.png

I'm actually very proud of these drawings, mostly for the colours! I really love using bold and complimentary colours in my drawing, and that's something I've been working on for a while now. along with that, I really like the way that the cel shading looks here; I tried using blended shading, but I like this more tbh. I'm also happy with my line art, I sometimes look back at the drawings I made two years ago and I can definitely see an improvement from then! 😄 I'll put the drawing of these two that I made in 2022 for reference:
I still really like this drawing, but like I said, I can tell that I've made good progress since I drew this almost two years ago~
solmew-and-lumew.png
you may have also noticed, I made myself yet another new signature! I wanted one that I could put over the drawing and make transparent, so I made this one pretty quickly and I'm happy with how it turned out! I plan on using this signature/watermark for all of my future drawings, at least for the foreseeable future. 😌🐞

I have some other things I'm working on, can't say for sure when they'll be done because I'm leaving to go to Ontario again in less than a week, but I'm excited to finish them! ✨

since I haven't finished any full drawings recently (as in, I haven't even finished any full drawings ksjdfkhsjd) I'll go ahead and post something that I made last night!

my broski @/Shellzilla_515 asked me if I could draw my OCs Solmew and Lumew as really floofy cats (since they're usually short-haired), so I came up with these little doodles. I imagined them being in a cold environment, hence why their coats are so thicc, and Lumew gets cold easily so he's shivering while Solmew is just vibing and being all warm with his floofy coat hehehe. 😌
floofy-sun-loaf.png
floofy-lumew.png

I kinda just drew these quickly so it's a bit messy, but I think sometimes it's nice to make art that isn't so pretty. it makes for good practice, and it allows you to appreciate the beauty in imperfections. 💗

since I haven't finished any full drawings recently (as in, I haven't even finished any full drawings ksjdfkhsjd) I'll go ahead and post something that I made last night!

my broski @/Shellzilla_515 asked me if I could draw my OCs Solmew and Lumew as really floofy cats (since they're usually short-haired), so I came up with these little doodles. I imagined them being in a cold environment, hence why their coats are so thicc, and Lumew gets cold easily so he's shivering while Solmew is just vibing and being all warm with his floofy coat hehehe. 😌
floofy-sun-loaf.png
floofy-lumew.png

I kinda just drew these quickly so it's a bit messy, but I think sometimes it's nice to make art that isn't so pretty. it makes for good practice, and it allows you to appreciate the beauty in imperfections. 💗

It doesn’t look messy at all! 🤩😍 They’re so adorable! I love their designs! If you don’t mind me asking, what is their backstory? 🙂 No pressure if you don’t feel comfortable and sorry if it made you uncomfortable. You have really awesome ideas ☺️.

Back