• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Bug's Art Gallery 💫

this is quite possibly one of my favorite drawings I've ever done haha :,,,,,,,D
fly-away-mr-mayrooo.png

Last edited:
no new major drawing today but I did a few doodles of some of my Super Mario fan characters~
super-mario-character-doodles.png

an explanation for each one:
- the top one features Shadow and the chompy (referencing a drawing I made over a year ago) and Zulo telling the chompy that Shadow is a fool. Zulo is the more cynical of the two prongos at the fortress, and he likes to make snarky comments. ofc the two younguns are just like "huh?"
- lower left one is Allo doing wallop stuff hehe
- lower right is a reference to a fanfic I wrote over a decade ago, where Toby was taken prisoner at Whomp's Fortress and he managed to escape by simply pulling a bar out of the dirt floor. when they discover in the morning that he got away, Molly Koopa basically tells everyone that they're stupid for thinking a dirt floor was a good idea lol

i made a comic based on a scene from my very first fanfic (which I read recently but I have no intent to re-write), this took so long lol idk if I'll do anymore comics like this soon. maybe though 😌
toby-and-lenny-comic.png

this particular scene had Toby thrown into a small prison cell on the side of Whomp's Fortress (lol they don't even have a jail cell) and when he got in there he found that there was also a hammer bro occupying the cell. when asked, the hammer bro told Toby that he had been in there for months. but after examining the dirt floor for 0.3 seconds, Toby realized he could easily pull one of the cell bars out of the ground so they could make an escape. upon pulling it out, the hammer bro said "Wow! I wish you had been here earlier!"

my immediate reaction to this was imagining Toby calling the hammer bro an idiot, to which he replies "yup I sure am!!" with a lot of enthusiasm 😂 and then ofc I couldn't not draw it.

I've also decided to make this particular hammer bro into a minor character, since through the rest of what I wrote for the story he and Toby continue on the adventure. I guess you could say he's like the partners in the Paper Mario games. I named him Lenny, and he is a young hammer bro w an identity crisis bc he wears blue instead of green haha 😁

also this was my first time ever drawing a hammer bro don't @ me

another finished art piece~
this one was actually finished before the last two I posted, albeit in the same day, but I digress

@/Corrie won my art raffle and requested that I draw Roy and Riza, their younger counterparts, from Fullmetal Alchemist. I enjoyed drawing them a lot, and I especially enjoyed looking up these characters (as well as others from the show) and reading about their personalities! I don't watch anime but this show seems to have an interesting premise and fascinating characters 😁
Roy-and-Riza.png

went into work today not feeling that great, still grieving of course 😔 thankfully my supervisor had me situated in a spot where I could have some space while still working, so I brought in some of my drawing stuff to do some traditional art.

I'm really glad I did, because I ended up drawing some pretty rad things! and of course I just have to share them with you all! 😄

I started off with this drawing of Cappy (aka Kevin hehehe), idk why but I've been wanting to draw him for like a week now so I'm glad I was finally able to 🎩
20230610-152019.jpg

next I drew Cappy again but this time I drew him with Mario! he's mad about something, prob what someone said, and Mario is like "ehehe don't mind him" 😅
20230610-162438.jpg

and then ofc what's a Mario without his Luigi? so I drew him in his balloon world outfit! I always appreciate a good reason to draw balloons!🎈and Luigi hahaha
20230610-162443.jpg

then I wanted to draw one last thing, so I drew someone I've never actually officially drawn before: Rosalina! I drew her from memory, and besides forgetting the ruffly part on the front of her dress I like how this turned out! I even decided to add the little stars on her dress from her Smash Bros appearance! ✨
20230610-162418.jpg

anyways yeah, I managed to do that and get some writing done while I was at work, so I had a pretty decent day :blush:💕

I still need to post my diversity drawing but I'll save that for its own post since I have a lot to say about it 😌

in the meantime, I have two new drawings I'd like to share today! the first one is actually a drawing that I did all the sketching and line art for in one day (as well as a sketch for a whole different drawing haha)! I've had this idea since like January, I wanted to draw Petunia except wearing the same outfit that Toby and Anthony wear. I've never drawn her wearing something besides her dress and I figured trying something new was in order! also, seeing Peach in the Super Mario Bros Movie wearing that one outfit when she was talking abt growing up in the Mushroom Kingdom kinda rekindled my interest in drawing Petunia wearing something besides a dress hehe 💜
anyways so yeah, enjoy this pic of Petunia wearing her snazzy overalls and Irene watching her in surprise (and happiness ofc)!
petunia-w-her-overalls-hehe-better.png

and secondly, I have a new character!! in this fanfic I'm working on, where the Chomp King (Maxwell) is the primary antagonist, I thought about something. when and how did he get the rainbow ring on his crown? It has the ability to put those who look upon him in a trance, and also grants him the power of telekinesis. Surely someone who believes he has a lot of merit and value made it for him, hoping to further his efforts to liberate his species and bring honor to them and the Chompworks.
Enter: Artemis. A sorceress who serves as a mentor for Maxwell. she is a magikoopa who wears an iridescent cloak and wields a silver scepter decorated with a rounded opal on the end. her cloak shimmers in any amount of light, and her presence is often accompanied by wispy spectral flames which glow in blues, purples, and pinks.
(also I guess it didn't translate to paper as well as I wanted it to, she does in fact have a relatively dark complexion. I only had so many colored pencils to work with ksjdfksjdf)
20230624-193214.jpg

I have a sketch for this concept on my computer, but I really wanted to draw her while I was at work, so after messing around with a few ideas I gave her a piece of official (and traditional) art! It's not perfect of course, I wasn't aiming for perfection at all, I just wanted to get something on paper and allow myself to make a few mistakes which I think is great. I'm honestly really digging traditional art lately, I don't intend to move away from digital but I definitely want to tap more into traditional art. getting back to my roots hehe 😄
there are a lot more drawings on this particular page, and I can explain them a bit. the stuff in the bottom right, including the chomp and the two prongos, are things I drew on June 13th. I've been wanting to draw Spike and Zulo again so I did a few random doodles that honestly aren't even specifically them. I need to actually draw them oops.
but I looked up some refs on coloring things to look holo, but in a relatively simple way (to translate more easily to my art style) so I colored the sphere on the right and put that color scheme on a cloak (notice my failed attempt at holo by making a rainbow instead lmaoooooo). and then ofc I wanted to make sure I had her skin tone right (or at least, mostly right oof), then I went ahead and drew her.

I used my black drawing pen to outline the line art and I really like how it looks! it makes all the other drawings with no thick lines look a little weird though haha
20230624-193422.jpg

and if you're still curious, the drawing on the bottom right is just a random bedroom I drew. I think I was trying to decide what to draw so that's what I came up with lol. and yes I drew a CRT television, go big or go home fr.
20230624-193431.jpg

ANYWAYYYYS yeah I'm happy with these drawings! I'll post my celebrating diversity drawing here soon so we can all bask in its glory again hahahaaa 💖

Last edited:
meant to post this earlier, but these last few weeks have been pretty rough because of personal things I'm trying to get sorted out. anyways, I'm pleased to be able to share my drawing for Celebrating Diversity 2023! 💕
celebrating-diversity-2023-w-insta-handle.png

and here's the post I made to accompany the drawing:
this piece is meant to encompass who I am and just a few of the many things I love about myself! allow me to elaborate~

these three characters here are actually all representations of me personally! on the left is Sterling, my sweet silver fox boy, and he's holding a Bluebird of Happiness, meant to represent the collectible that my totally rad broski @/Shellzilla_515 gifted to me last year 💙 his cute little blush and tight hug also represents my willingness to be more openly affectionate with friends/family as of late! in the middle is Daniel, my main player character from Animal Crossing: New Leaf; I've always seen him as a reflection of myself, a nerd who loves flowers and interior design and buggies! 🪲 and on the right is my Toucat, a character I created over 9 years ago and serves to represent my wild personality and my love of rainbows; she's holding a heart wand, meant to represent the collectible that the lovely @/Foreverfox gave to me earlier this year. 💕

since Daniel is one of my AC characters, I drew Sterling and Toucat to look like Animal Crossing villagers! this is actually the first time I've ever drawn my Toucat in an anthro style and I like how it turned out! I like to think these two animal neighbors are his most beloved friends ❤️ and the collectibles they're holding are the most special to me so I felt it was appropriate to include them as well, since to me they symbolize everlasting friendship! :blush:

and of course, I could never forget, the swirling iridescent cloud at the forefront of the drawing. It represents the immense amount of joy and love and euphoria I've felt since I started my road to recovery! going on a bit of a tangent, I've struggled with mental health issues my whole life, and earlier this year I finally started getting the help I really needed and I'm so much better off now! It's truly amazing, despite all the struggles I still face I've come to really appreciate everything I've been blessed with this year. and I'm learning to love myself for who I am, with the LGBT+ identities, being autistic/ADHD, acknowledging all the hard work I've been putting in recently, recognizing that there is a lot to love about me, and being myself unapologetically. I'm just letting all that joy and bliss swirl around, like a beautiful flowing rainbow, for everyone to see. I hope it brings them happiness too! ✨🌈

all of these things combined, set at the twilight hour under the radiant full moon and a sky full of twinkling stars, means the absolute world to me. honestly the more I look at this drawing the more I absolutely adore it, it's been a real honor to participate in this event and see everyone's gorgeous entries! ☺️💞

I was honestly holding out a bit of hope that this would win me that elusive rainbow feather. I'm not nearly as much into the collectible market as I used to be, but the rainbow feather is my very last dream collectible and has been since at least 2017. unfortunately there were a lot of other absolutely gorgeous entries into the contest, and I fell just a bit short. but it's okay, honestly this drawing means so very much to me and I'm happy and grateful for the collectibles I have (especially the bluebird and heart wand hehe), so even though I ended up not being able to win a rainbow feather, I'm incredibly happy for those who did! 😄💕🏳️‍🌈✨

Anyways, I have quite a few drawing ideas I would like to work on, but I'm still trying to take care of myself and get my health sorted out, so I can't promise it'll be anytime soon. in the meantime I'll say I really appreciate everyone's support, it makes me so happy to see that you guys love my art so much 🥺 thank you guys!! I'll be back soon~♡

finished another small piece 😌

this is a character of mine who is actually based on one of my plushies (much like Sterling, Dakota, Clarinda and Misty, etc), her name is Juniper and she is a Webkinz Signature Arctic Hare! I've had an idea for a while now about how she would look, it just took me forever to get around to actually drawing her (for reference, I got this plushie in Jan 2022, so it's been a little while haha). this turned out to be a pretty basic drawing but I'm happy with it!
juniper.png

I'd like to share some info about her! Juniper is very outdoorsy and athletic, she loves participating in sports and her favorites are cross-country running and volleyball. her best friends are Dakota the arctic fox and Zephyr the siberian husky, and the three like to go on hikes when the weather is cold (bonus points if it's snowing!). she is always on the move and hardly ever sits still, since she has lots of energy to burn. in terms of stature she is quite bulky and fluffy, as arctic hares are known for retaining body fat to protect from cold weather. in fact, I would consider this drawing to be her "summer coat"! she is quite friendly and extroverted, and gets along with many people, but she's also very blunt and direct with her speech, so she occasionally comes off as rude or snooty. her friends appreciate her no-nonsense advice and approach to living life, and her positivity and passion is infectious! also her favorite color is purple hehe 💜✨

I'm working on quite a few things at once right now but I have another finished piece to share! well it's part of a larger piece but I digress
so about a week ago I shared a sketch in the doodling thread, it was a sketch of Artemis which I eventually turned into a full sketch of her and the Chomp King. and with that I mentioned that I would likely single her out to give her solo art, since I really liked how the sketch was looking. and that I did! 😄

the holo effect translated in an interesting way when I went from traditional to digital art, and I honestly really like how it turned out! it's very bold and draws a lot of attention to her. and of course I had to throw in some sparkles because she is fabulous haha ✨ I would've done that with the traditional drawing to but I couldn't with the tools I have (maybe if I had a white copic marker...). anyways, I'm very happy with this one and now I'm ready to work on the rest of the line art and coloring/shading 😌💕
artemis-with-insta-handle.png

kind of a random thought but I wish I could see more super mario fan art around this forum hehehe

Your improvement is enormous, some of these are sooo clean!! I can see your appreciation for textures in the lineart brush and little suggestions like in the robe and in other characters the fur. The way you draw Mario characters also kinda reminds me of the M&L art style which is one of my favorite Mario artstyles. and noted on the last part lol

Last edited:
I wanted to share something smaller, this is actually a doodle I made in late April and I was gonna do more with it, but I ended up not doing anything more. I have another drawing idea that's in a similar vain to this one, so I'll prob just call this drawing finished and move on.
so this is a doodle of (almost) all of my favorite Super Mario enemies, and it includes the snifit, thwomp, spindel, chill bully, chain chomp, fwoosh (the one from the N64 specifically), and bramball! there are a few missing, like the whomp and stone tox box, but I'll get to them some other time 😌
super-mario-enemies-doodles.png

Your improvement is enormous, some of these are sooo clean!! I can see your appreciation for textures in the lineart brush and little suggestions like in the robe and in other characters the fur. The way you draw Mario characters also kinda reminds me of the M&L art style which is one of my favorite Mario artstyles. and noted on the last part lol
also I wanted to say I appreciate your compliment so much 🥺💞 it's funny cause I was just thinking a few days ago about how much I really love the art style from the Mario & Luigi games, so it's kinda cool that you drew a comparison between that and my own art hehe

this is a drawing that's long overdue, it was requested by @kiwikenobi in the "Draw The User Above You" thread and I claimed it but never got around to it. it's mostly because this character, Wilson from Don't Starve, has an art style that I thought would be pretty difficult to replicate in my own style. but hey, I think he turned out pretty great! I don't know much about the game but I imagined Wilson was in a parallel dimension and encountered some kind of glowing spirit 😌

to kiwikenobi, I hope I was able to do him justice and I have to apologize for taking so long with this one!! I didn't forget about it, I've just been struggling to juggle proprities lately. enjoy! ❤️
whats-wilson-doin-haha.png

guys uhhhhh I think I may have outdone myself with this one hahaha 😭

this drawing was originally intended to feature both the Chomp King and Artemis, hence why it's such a large image (it's 32.6MB!!), but over the course of working on it, it turned into basically a solo piece. It's okay though, he desperately needed some new solo art since the last time I properly drew him was wayyy back in 2017. Plus I made another version with both, I'll post it below!

If I may ramble for a bit about my drawing process. I did have some intention for this piece to have a decent amount of detail, since the drawing I made of Artemis set a precedent for lots of colors and effects. I even went through the effort of looking up refs for gold/metals and how they reflect light when formed into different shapes, like a sphere. But I ended up really going all out, as much as I reasonably could anyways.
If it wasn't already obvious, I really enjoy drawing Super Mario stuff, and especially my favorite enemies. Chain chomps are no exception, especially in this case, with this specific chain chomp being a character of mine whom I love dearly. But I cannot stress enough how difficult it is to draw those teeth, though. Mouth closed, it's not too bad, mouth open, it gets a little tricky. But when it's open ever so slightly? I had to picture in my mind how they might fit together and line up, and oh my goodness that was quite an experience (and yes, I did not use a reference for it). I think it ended up looking pretty great though!! The chain wasn't too bad, it was mostly the shading that got me for that part.
I really loved being able to use lots of colors in this piece, though part of me feels like I could lean even more into that in future pieces. Obviously I don't want to go overboard, but I reeeeeally love pieces that make use of bold and congruent (perhaps even clashing, sometimes) colors. I tried to capture that vibe in this drawing, and I'm quite pleased with it!

I'm so very happy with how this drawing turned out!! I probably spent about 18-20 hours working on it (a rough estimate, of course), and I can't recall a time in recent history when I put this much effort into a single piece. I usually don't have the energy or motivation for it, but I've been on a drawing kick for the last week and I was just really getting into this one. I've been excited to share this one with you all so I hope yall can appreciate it as much as I do! 😄
mr-maxwell-resized.png

I really wanted to share the very first drawing I ever made of this character, on Flipnote Studio, way back in July 2012. That was eleven years ago!! It's really awesome to see how much progress I've made since then 😁
Reign-Chomp-xc-ghgh.jpg
I'd love to give some context for why I made this drawing the way it is. I'm gonna delve into my fanfic/lore stuff a bit so feel free to skip (though it's pretty cool imo so you might not regret reading hehe).
This is Maxwell, aka the Chomp King, and he serves as the main antagonist for the fanfic that I'm currently writing. He has inhabited the Chompworks for years, which was previously under the control of Bowser and the Koopa Troop. Even from a young age he was quite arrogant and outspoken, and he would often call out the faults and incompetency of his superiors, much to their dismay and anger. He also dealt (and deals) with multiple mental health issues, most notably lacking ability to control his rage. At some point during his years as a troop, he snapped and went on a rampage, harming many of his peers and superiors in the process. He was sent away to be confined, but after proving to be quite a substantial threat, he was released.
Upon returning to the Chompworks, he called upon his kin, saying that if they also desired liberation from the koopa's grasp then they should follow him in a struggle for independence. Thus a revolution began, and after a good amount of time had passed, the factory was finally released from Bowser's hold, and became a freed land. And with this came new leadership in the form of Maxwell, the newly proclaimed king of chain chomps and their sub-species.
It's worth mentioning that shortly after he was released from confinement is when he met Artemis. I haven't spent much time fleshing out their relationship yet, but perhaps she had heard about what he had done (that which caused him to be sent away), and recognized his incredible potential for evil. So she took him under her wing and now serves as his mentor. She is the one who created the rainbow ring which he wears on his crown, a piece of jewelry with a magical power to hold those who look upon him in a trance and command their obedience, and also grants him the power of telekinesis. She's not nearly as outwardly malicious, but she still has an aura of wickedness and deception about her. She uses Maxwell's frustration and sheer strength to her advantage to carry out mischievous plans, and in turn she gives him all the care and attention he needs to fulfill his desire to liberate and bring honor to his kin and the Chompworks.
Speaking of evil intent, this guy is one chain chomp that you do not want to mess with. An unfortunate reality of the Chompworks under Bowser's control, is that many of its inhabitants were neglected, since the koopa troop had a clear misunderstanding of how to properly care for and train chain chomps. As such, Maxwell has known little beyond bitterness and anger, and he is very resentful. There is no joy or enthusiasm in the way he presents himself, by nature he is seemly quite calm but perpetually disgruntled. He holds his mentor and members of his own kind in high regard, but he feels no compassion or pity for anyone else. As mentioned previously, he can become angered easily, and he always gives into this feeling, taking out his anger on others by spitting fire at them or using force through telekinesis. He seems to become more spiteful with time, and he finds an odd joy in seeing others in misery.
So what story is this drawing telling? This is a scene within the Chompworks in which he has surrounded the arena he resides in with fire, so to prevent the escape of whoever has entered his domain. He is visibly angered, and there's no telling just what he may do to that unlucky individual. He takes some pride in his aggression, and he's not afraid to use it. Let's just hope, for their sake, that he doesn't burn them to a crisp.

Lastly, I did in fact make a version of this drawing which features Artemis, as this was the original concept and I figured I may as well fulfill it! I even included the little speech bubble where she's telling him to "torch 'em" haha.
(also in case anyone's wondering, the size discrepancy is actually due to a magic spell which Artemis cast on him. previously he was a relatively normal sized chain chomp, albeit still quite large)
the-boys-lol.png

did you really read that whole wall of text? if so then you are a super awesome person!! I really love being able to share my interests with people, and through experience I've found that the people who genuinely listen are the best kind of people. so thank you for reading, I appreciate you a great deal ☺️💕

edit: resized and re-uploaded a few images, the file size is too large to handle haha OTL

Last edited:
I started this one like 2 weeks ago and came so close to finishing it, but I didn't for some reason. well now it's finished so I can finally upload it! 😄
confrontation-perhaps-idk.png

I already talked about this piece a bit in the sketch thread, but I'll restate what I said there, as well as talking a bit more about my fanfic to give context. this is a scene in which the Chomp King shows up at Whomp's Fortress. one of his messengers had informed him that a troop was unaccounted for, and the news infuriated him. but instead of sending out a search party (or even, perhaps, cutting his losses and letting the troop go), he decided to go out and hunt down this lost troop himself. as you may have guessed, the fortress is known for not being home to any chain chomps at all, so when the surrounding land learns about Chompy's presence here, news spreads like wildfire. as such, it doesn't take the Chomp King long at all to figure out that this is where his missing troop is hiding.
him showing up here comes as a shock to the fortress inhabitants; they know that this guy has been rumored to be deranged, but the fact that he went out of his way to confront the situation directly is, from their perspective, actually insane. the most affected of all of them, though, has to be Shadow. up to this point he, in his overconfidence and naivety, said that the fortress could handle any threat that comes their way, including the Chomp King. but seeing him face-to-face is a whole other story. Shadow was a little startled when he first saw Chompy, and now, being confronted with a kin who is actually threatening (not to mention, absolutely massive), he feels genuine fear. he's never been truly afraid before in his life, so understandably the feeling in itself is scary.
I won't spoil what happens next; I'm thinking I may potentially share this fanfic someday, but until then I'll leave it up to imagination. as you might be able to guess, it probably doesn't end well.

this ended up being a pretty simple piece, but I haven't drawn Shadow and Chompy for a while so I figured I would do that. I like how it turned out! and of course I always appreciate drawing a good rock boy hehe 😌💙

edit: fixed a typo lol oops

Last edited:
Back