• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Events & Collectibles General Discussion

Thankfully there's the last activity feature! Here's a poem from Zulehan

People are brawling for candies galore
Using choice weapons to even the score
From foaming wrath plenty to woe-is-me
Whatever. I have the popcorn. Let me see

And from Tina:

You know, collectibles don't have to be like this. You don't have to be obsessive over them. You don't need to trade or sell them for excessive prices. You don't need to follow Lassy's price guide. What you do is up to you. The obsession people have with them is a recent development - it hasn't always been this crazy.

I enjoy collectibles. I'm in Europe (cos time zones apparently matter!), yet I've still managed to get the full Japanese set, the fruits, all of the birthstones, three candies, most easter eggs, and others. I've not paid stupidly high amounts for them: I've either got them directly from the shop myself; or at retail price or free from my friends. It's possible to do things this way (mostly buying direct from shop yourself) as long as you're patient. e.g. it took me a long time to acquire the full Japanese set - and the last piece was gifted to me from lynn105. Between restocks I wasn't obsessively looking for potential updates or stalking the Marketplace - I did other things while I was on here like play Animal Crossing, play mafia, and chat on the IRC. There's more to TBT than just the collectible trade, y' know. :p

Both from page 67......

Isn't there a chat we can use?
I remember someone posting it last night

Last edited:
Back