• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Events & Collectibles General Discussion

I’m gonna go ahead and try this experiment. Once I get up to 5,000 TBT (after I pay 700 TBT to another member for an iOS wallpaper I commissioned), I’ll set up a buying thread for a Flower Glow Wand for - 5,000 TBT! Let’s see if I can get a more expensive collectible for much cheaper.
the problem there is you're asking for a scarce item for a whole 10k/66% less than what it goes for. if you were offering 10k it'd be a good starting point since they're currently at 15k+

also while we're at it, i feel we need to encourage people to be more patient and firm with offering less. this whole thing kicked off when one single user offered 20k for a star wand because they were impatient. i remember after that a few of us were trying to say "okay guys let's not make this a recurring thing, the wands are rare just be patient and it'll come around" but of course no one listened, started offering everything they had and now here we are lol.

Well, the collectibles are only worth what someone is willing to pay for them. If someone wants 20K for a star wand, you don’t have to sell it to them. If someone wants to pay 20K for a star wand, though, that’s up to them. It’s more up to the buyer what they are willing to pay. The seller has every right to decline.

Just to make a brief diversion from the glow wand demand, let’s talk about the chocolate cake and a few others. Back when I first joined, they were like, 4,000 TBT. To a new user, that was way out of my league. Though in those days, stuff like the white feather, pinwheel, and Pokéball were so rare and expensive that many would find to be less realistic, so the other collectibles got more demand. At the lower end of the spectrum, there were pears, oranges, regular cakes, cyan letters, regular Easter eggs, yellow candies, and red candies. Those were more like “poor man’s collectibles”. On the other side, we had chocolate cakes, peaches, Yoshi eggs, the unlimited stock feathers, and eventually, apples and toy hammers.

I remember it took me a year to obtain a Yoshi egg (and I finally got it by trading my star wand...lol). Most of the collectibles were way more expensive than they are now (even though simultaneously, the rare collectibles didn't cost nearly as much as rare collectibles today). Throwback to blue candies being super desirable and costing like 2K. It was such a different market.

the problem there is you're asking for a scarce item for a whole 10k/66% less than what it goes for. if you were offering 10k it'd be a good starting point since they're currently at 15k+

also while we're at it, i feel we need to encourage people to be more patient and firm with offering less. this whole thing kicked off when one single user offered 20k for a star wand because they were impatient. i remember after that a few of us were trying to say "okay guys let's not make this a recurring thing, the wands are rare just be patient and it'll come around" but of course no one listened, started offering everything they had and now here we are lol.

tbf, asking people to be patient, much less, people on a gaming forum, is a fool's errand

Last edited:
tbf, asking people to be patient, much less, people on a gaming forum, is a fool's errand
maybe so but i'll smile knowing i'm not the fool who ruined the economy for everyone including myself 😎
Both of you have a point. It’s hard to be patient when a forum is dying due to a lack of new Animal Crossing game, but lack of patience is the main reason why collectible prices have gone up.

Is there any opportunity we can change Light Blue balloon to Cyan Balloon @Justin ? 🤣🤞🥺🙏

Screenshot 2024-03-10 at 5.15.33 PM.png

Is there any opportunity we can change Light Blue balloon to Cyan Balloon @Justin ? 🤣🤞🥺🙏

View attachment 541323

Maybe if you guys want! That is why we named the new ones Cyan, but making changes to past items are often surprisingly controversial and the old Light Blue isn't quite as cyan-y as the new ones, so that's why we left it be.

edit: to be clear, I was talking about the name

Last edited:
I vote cyan, even if it might mess up my current lineuping

current is barely different at all from the regular blue, so I'd prefer more distinction. just my thoughts though, ofc
Post automatically merged:

oh, plus I'd just like more consistency with the bunny/heart balloons

Maybe if you guys want! That is why we named the new ones Cyan, but making changes to past items are often surprisingly controversial and the old Light Blue isn't quite as cyan-y as the new ones, so that's why we left it be.
please no i like the current light blue 😭

I agree with leaving the Light Blue Balloon alone, but... just speaking for me, personally, I wouldn't be sad if the regular Blue Balloon suddenly turned a darker hue to better match the in-game ones/new heart and bunny balloons.

O I thought Jacob meant just changing the name.🥹 I don't really want the light blue balloon's art/colour to change either if that's the case oops. I can just see it being called cyan since it's similar enough to the newer cyan balloons imo (other than being a lil washed out.. but the older balloons all seem to have that look idk?). If anything the og blue balloon is the most different from the new blue balloons. I'm definitely with Meri on not being mad if the blue balloon was darker. 😅

Also honestly thought this was a discussion about the name.

I think the current color is fine.

Today I realized that the Sky Grass Scenery at the bottom part of your lineup with balloons at the top is now possible. Huzzah!

Anyway with the Light Blue/Cyan Balloon debate, I could go either way, doesn't really bother me.

O I thought Jacob meant just changing the name.🥹 I don't really want the light blue balloon's art/colour to change either if that's the case oops. I can just see it being called cyan since it's similar enough to the newer cyan balloons imo (other than being a lil washed out.. but the older balloons all seem to have that look idk?). If anything the og blue balloon is the most different from the new blue balloons. I'm definitely with Meri on not being mad if the blue balloon was darker. 😅
I agree with this 100%!

It could've been nice since the the light-blue and blue are somewhat similar but that cyan balloon in the New Leaf picture is actually violent.

When it comes to building a collectible sidebar, the whole reason why I went to “assorted” collectibles was because I got tired of the apple-only sidebar. Five years later, even the “assorted” collectibles sidebar can get boring if you keep it that way for too long, hence why I’m back to apples.

If the staff did this to the upcoming egg hunt, then I would feel like they’re trolling me:
  • They rerelease the galaxy and/or disco ball eggs, but the cheap eggs of the year are Hoppip Easter Eggs.

Back