• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Share your Snow people experience

J087

a Paw for Good Luck
Bells
Holiday Candy Cane 2021
Yellow Candy
New Leaf Token
Pavé
December Birthstone (Turquoise)
Red Candy
Starting December 11th after the blizzard, until the end of February, 2 snowballs will appear in your town every day. By rolling them through the snow they grow bigger. By rolling them on dirt/stone they grow smaller. By putting them together you can build 4 different types of snow puppets that give you several items.

But what does each snow puppet give? And what do you give them? There's so much stuff to gather, it's confusing me. Please share your Snow people experience~

PS: You can only build 1 puppet a day, and after building it will melt (disappear) in 4 days.

Last edited:
If you roll them as big as possible it makes a snowman, he gives you a bingo card and different numbers each day till he melts. Bingo prizes are the ski set. Next size down is the snowboy and he mails a snowman furniture item if he is made right. The snowmam is smaller still and gives ice furniture if you collect snowflakes for her, 3 flakes if she is well made, 5 if she is unbalanced. Snowtyke is the smallest and gives a gift if the other three are present in your town.

Last edited:
If you roll them as big as possible it makes a snowman, he gives you a bingo card and different numbers each day till he melts. Bingo prizes are the ski set. Next size down is the snowboy and he mails a snowman furniture item if he is made right. The snowmam is smaller still and gives ice furniture if you collect snowflakes for her, 3 flakes if she is well made, 5 if she is unbalanced. Snowtyke is the smallest and gives a gift if the other three are present in your town.

Which order do you suggest making them? And what happens if you fail in their size?

Last edited:
Which snow puppet should you start with. The papa for the bingo?

Does that mean I can't get the ice furniture until the 11th? I already filled up my space with snowflakes…

You can make either the Snowpapa, the Snowmama, and the Snowboy in any order. But in order to get the Snowtyke's items, you have to make the others first and then the Snowtyke last.

I only made one so far from a time I was TTing and I made a Snowboy perfectly. Yayyyy!

But I think my biggest concern is making the Snowpapa and the Snowboy first because I need their sets. I don't care about the Snowmama cause I already have the complete Ice Set.

Is there a guide (with pictures) that shows how big the snowball must be to make each of the 4 puppets? The only things I'm finding are guides for City Folk Which only contained 1 snow puppet. Things were much easier in Wild World... :(

Last edited:
Today I built second snowman, on my second character to get bingo card...but it dissapeared after I started play on my major file!? I think it's because I built it too close Fuchsia's house...now it's gone:(

Beware of those pesky dung-beetles which spawn near the snowballs.

One dung-beetle rolled a snowball off a cliff before flying away with a 'oops!'; and the another smashed my painstakingly-formed large snowball into a tree.

Fortunately you can re-set the snowballs but I kept running between the two to shoo the beetles away.

I had three dung beetle sightings today, but didn't think to try to catch them until they flew away. While I was working on the smaller snowball one of the dung beetles was rolling my bigger snowball towards a pond! It was a close call. lol.

I made the mistake of pushing my bigger snowball towards my smaller snowball thinking the smaller snowball would jump on top once I got close enough. Um, no. The bigger snowball jumped on top of the smaller snowball and the resulting snow mama was not happy! After she calmed down, she chatted about her family.

Oh, well. Will try again tomorrow. :)

Last edited:
I have 2 towns. In the first one, I made a Snowtyke (wished the rest of the family was in town) after catching a dung beetle trying to steal it. In the second town, a dung beetle rolled the snowball right off the cliff. Went into a house and back out again to re-set the snowball. Found it and rolled it around. Dung beetles kept trying to roll it away. Found the other snowball on the over side of town. Rolled it across town and smashed it inbetween a rock & a tree. In a house and back out to re-set again. Found it again and rolled it back across town. Got the 2 together but the Snowboy wasn't impressed. Won't be getting anything in the mail tomorrow, I guess.
I plan on doing a lot of gardening today. Plant flowers around trees, cliff edges, ponds and river banks so snowballs can't spawn there. Also want to make sure I have snow covered open areas where I can roll snowball and then build the snowpeople.
Since I caught a dung beetle in both towns, I plan on not playing ACNL until after 8am so I don't have to worry about the dung beetle taking my snowballs. Dung beetles are out & about 5pm - 8am.
I'm most worried about getting the items from the snowtyke since you have to have all 4 members of the family in the town at the same time and the snowpeople melt and disapear after 4 days.
Good luck to everyone.

i've found that the snowball enlarges even when you roll them on paths. I guess it depends on if the grass underneath the path is worn or not.

Back