• Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Share Your Island Map

Here’s my before and after:

March 29th 2020
62C6C39F-038B-4B0E-ABD2-7DBE9412929B.jpeg

August 8th 2020
00698664-F1F4-4EAF-ACCF-8FE6960ADBA5.jpeg

I’ve kept terraforming to a minimum as I like it that way (kudos to those who have done a ton though they look amazing). I mostly made my upper left cliff bigger and slightly adjusted the river to fit bridges as well as make the eastern part a bit lower so my north eastern area had more land to work with.

I’m not totally done with my island yet, but the majority of terraforming is.

ZWmr5m0.jpg

Big map update!! - Huge changes, I decided never to mess with the hills and layers up the back of my island! I will edit the rivers some more. I started with three now I sort of spread out the first one a little. Many jumping islands covered in trees and other such things!! Working on many small incline areas!

I recently began redesigning my island, as I was unhappy with my previous design and where it was going. I'm still relocating things, and I've been using a site to draw out a plan ahead of time. I'm expecting to start this project in four days, hopefully. However, I recently did start on the river and I'm loving it already!!

This is the design from the online tool I've been using:

HappyIslandDesigner_1597704517113.png

And this is the river I completed about an hour ago:

EgEGWUnU4AAWvQE.jpg

Obviously, it won't be exact but that's why I made a plan. It's just a draft! XD

There are a couple sections/neighborhoods that I'm still working on (might end up redoing altogether) but I'm pleased with the overall layout. I just wish I'd taken screenshots in the beginning so I could compare then and now!

Eg7ekYkUYAEj1-D.jpg

Here's mine.

Current WIP map of Moon River (after tonight's terraforming session)

EhNSHmdUwAATGCz

I'm going to be thinning my paths from 3 to 2 in some areas The 3 looks too chunky. I love cliffs so there are obviously going to be randomized cliffs. I like water too, but not all the over the place so I'm doing random watering spots as well. My villagers are also going to be spread out. I think the neighborhood thing is cute, but I want them to all have their own little personal space. I'm not planning my terraforming, I'm just playing it by ear. For me, playing it by ear instead of planning it out, seems to be working better. Also, I'm not going over overboard with it like before. Just working on it a little bit every night. But in all, I'm loving how it's turning out. I'm hoping to be far enough along with the terraforming by the time the leaves start turning their fall color. And my island can make it's Dream Address debut with fall colors.

This was a few days ago

EhNR_4aVkAEVACF

This is the original map
EhNTOMjU8AAtRjz

Last edited:
I decided to revamp my island. Here's my new WIP map (September 10th 2020)

EhkiOcCVgAAgWGq

Unfortunately this means it's going to likely take it a bit longer to get it's Dream Address.

Got peaches and airport aligned with the RS.
I hope this is my definitive one. The only things that bug me is the tiny peninsula that doesn't offer many decoration possibilities and the RS is only 8 spaces away from the airport entrance.

Attachments

• IMG_20200910_214420.jpg
    IMG_20200910_214420.jpg
    196.6 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG_20200913_183227.jpg
    IMG_20200913_183227.jpg
    206.3 KB · Views: 116
Got peaches and airport aligned with the RS.
I hope this is my definitive one. The only things that bug me is the tiny peninsula that doesn't offer many decoration possibilities and the RS is only 8 spaces away from the airport entrance.

I had exactly the same island, including the peaches! While it is now terraformed, it is still nice to see the map again.. good luck with it!

(It is also nice to see another person who doesn't mind the services center being close to the airport.)

I had exactly the same island, including the peaches! While it is now terraformed, it is still nice to see the map again.. good luck with it!

(It is also nice to see another person who doesn't mind the services center being close to the airport.)
I mind a bit, like, wish it was 2 tiles to the north. I have to choose between making a cool entrance or decorating the RS with fences and bushes 😅

Muir Wood.png

Thought it'd be nice for my first official post to the forum (after lurking since New Horizons came out) to be an island map share -- this is my current map! I reset my save file recently and got an island with Resident Services lined up correctly to the airport and I absolutely love it. About to go grab my ninth plot and go villager hunting for the night.

My original map:

Original Map.png

I mind a bit, like, wish it was 2 tiles to the north. I have to choose between making a cool entrance or decorating the RS with fences and bushes 😅

I think that map doesn't exist, though :(

I understand what you mean, in the end I opted for a straight path to the resident services and making that whole area part of a very large entrance :) Unfortunately, I cannot upload a picture of my map since the sizes of my files are always too large for some reason. One day I will figure out how to do it,I hope :p

Last edited:
Reactions: Mu~
Back