• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

🎎 Renn's "Hina Ningyo Doll" Project Shop! 🎎 (PROJECT COMPLETE)

@Amilee! I can totally work with that color scheme; I'm so glad to see the windflowers because now I can embroider some florals onto the robe. <3
Your slot is reserved, but be forewarned it'll be quite a while before I get to sketching yours! I'll ping you when that day comes. 🤩 Likely late April.
oooh that sounds amazing 🥰 no worries take your time!

Presenting: Flutist Gladys
1616225028458.png

for @princess.looking.for.frog !

Some notes:
  • The color scheme features red and yellows, as originally requested.
  • The sleeves are kimono box-style, to fit more with the Japanese cut, rather than the flowy Chinese style. I removed the underlayers, though, as it was overly complex for my current skill level (sorry!).
  • The abstract cloud patterns were modeled off of her original Misty Tee.

View attachment 362546

Some notes:
  • The sleeves are kimono box-style, to fit more with the Japanese cut, rather than the flowy Chinese style. I removed the underlayers, though, as it was overly complex for my current skill level (sorry!).
It is so pretty!! Thank you so much :D

View attachment 362546

Some notes:
This is so perfect!

Presenting: Gloomy Servant @Bluebellie
1616739643276.png

Some notes:
  • I pushed for the character to be holding the spooky lantern so I could practice with lighting effects, and then it just slipped into Halloween-mode from there... but I love the spiderwebs on the collar (one of nature's most beautiful objects). Hope that's alright.
  • The overcoat is black and purple, like the mage's robe, but overall black is featured per request. The inner robe is actually a dark green.
  • The stitch pattern on the cushion is mimicking the iron-and-stone fence because whenever I visited Bluebellie's town, there was tons of it! (It has been a while, maybe things have changed).

Presenting: Gloomy Servant @Bluebellie
View attachment 364081
Some notes:
  • I pushed for the character to be holding the spooky lantern so I could practice with lighting effects, and then it just slipped into Halloween-mode from there... but I love the spiderwebs on the collar (one of nature's most beautiful objects). Hope that's alright.
  • The overcoat is black and purple, like the mage's robe, but overall black is featured per request. The inner robe is actually a dark green.
  • The stitch pattern on the cushion is mimicking the iron-and-stone fence because whenever I visited Bluebellie's town, there was tons of it! (It has been a while, maybe things have changed).
I love it 😍
I’m actually glad about the lantern. I’m trying to get a Jack collectible lineup, and it would look lovely on my signature or avatar once I have that set up. So sweet of you that you remembered the fencing, I didn’t think my town was all that memorable. Also I love the spiderwebs.

Presenting: Tsuzumi Drummer Peewee for @deanapants
1617081624004.png

Full size linked here: https://i.ibb.co/Fb3m0d2/Peewee-Tsuzumi-Drummer.png

Some notes:
  • As requested, orange and the number 5 was featured, to reference his original 5-ball tee. The calligraphy on his drum is the Chinese / Japanese character for 5.
  • Peewee's Japanese name is pronounced "Danberu" or literally "Dumbbell" so I added little dumbbells to his collar.
  • I stitched a few more 5-petaled flowers around to interrupt the blank space; it's amazing to me that there are so many breeds of 5-petaled flowers in nature, considering the bias toward symmetry. 5 everywhere!
  • I'm embarrassed to say the orange-blue color scheme looked very Super-Saiyan / Denver Broncos to me, but I didn't like any of the other colors I tried on the pants. The pants remind me a lot of my favorite character of all time, Yuna from Final Fantasy X.

Last edited:
Presenting: Tsuzumi Drummer Peewee for @deanapants
View attachment 364916
Full size linked here: https://i.ibb.co/Fb3m0d2/Peewee-Tsuzumi-Drummer.png

Some notes:
  • As requested, orange and the number 5 was featured, to reference his original 5-ball tee. The calligraphy on his drum is the Chinese / Japanese character for 5.
  • Peewee's Japanese name is pronounced "Danberu" or literally "Dumbbell" so I added little dumbbells to his collar.
  • I stitched a few more 5-petaled flowers around to interrupt the blank space; it's amazing to me that there are so many breeds of 5-petaled flowers in nature, considering the bias toward symmetry. 5 everywhere!
  • I'm embarrassed to say the orange-blue color scheme looked very Super-Saiyan / Denver Broncos to me, but I didn't like any of the other colors I tried on the pants. The pants remind me a lot of my favorite character of all time, Yuna from Final Fantasy X.

I love it! Thank you Renn 😁😁

Hello again! I hope you don’t mind me making another order!

Character (villager or island rep): Pekoe

Position on the display: Okawa drummer

Payment: 150 tbt

Special requests: none! Thank you! 😊

Hello again! I hope you don’t mind me making another order!

Character (villager or island rep): Pekoe

Position on the display: Okawa drummer

Payment: 150 tbt

Special requests: none! Thank you! 😊
Ofc i don't mind! As long as you don't mind waiting. I'm so happy to see another villager in the musician lineup! I'll ping you when I get to the sketching stage. Reserved!

Ofc i don't mind! As long as you don't mind waiting. I'm so happy to see another villager in the musician lineup! I'll ping you when I get to the sketching stage. Reserved!
Yay, thank you so much! I like the idea of a villager musician line up and it would be nice to see my girl Pekoe in your style. I can’t wait <3

Hey, Renn! This project is so cool :0

Character (villager or island rep): Tipper!
Tipper_NH.png

Position on the display: I personally think that Tipper would make a lovely taiko drummer, but if you disagree, please feel free to decline ^^

Payment: 200 TBT? (But I feel like this should be more!)

Special requests: It would be pretty I think if her outfit had a cherry blossom theme, maybe like the blossoming kimono (in spoiler below), but I also want her to fit the overall aesthetic of the display, so I’m always inclined to defer to the artist on this c:
1617582793985.png

Thank you for considering! :)

Hey, Renn! This project is so cool :0

Character (villager or island rep): Tipper!
Tipper_NH.png

Position on the display: I personally think that Tipper would make a lovely taiko drummer, but if you disagree, please feel free to decline ^^

Payment: 200 TBT? (But I feel like this should be more!)

Special requests: It would be pretty I think if her outfit had a cherry blossom theme, maybe like the blossoming kimono (in spoiler below), but I also want her to fit the overall aesthetic of the display, so I’m always inclined to defer to the artist on this c:

Thank you for considering! :)
Omg Tipper is going to look so good side by side with Pekoe. I'm so happy to see you in my shop; I was going to reach out to you anyway once I got through the long art queue! I'll see what inspiration strikes when I make it to you, but I don't foresee any issues with your requests. 🥰

Slot reserved. I'll pm you when I get to a sketching stage.

Omg Tipper is going to look so good side by side with Pekoe. I'm so happy to see you in my shop; I was going to reach out to you anyway once I got through the long art queue! I'll see what inspiration strikes when I make it to you, but I don't foresee any issues with your requests. 🥰

Slot reserved. I'll pm you when I get to a sketching stage.
OMG yay I’m so excited! She will be adorable with Pekoe, thank you so much for accepting! :D should I send you the TBT now?

OMG yay I’m so excited! She will be adorable with Pekoe, thank you so much for accepting! :D should I send you the TBT now?
You can hold your tbt until I get to the sketch stage, or if you feel better paying in advance, I'm fine with that (I will note it on the tracker). I'm not worried about it! The base price for the slot is 150 tbt, not 200, but you are welcome to tip.
I don't think I will get to yours until May, just FYI!

You can hold your tbt until I get to the sketch stage, or if you feel better paying in advance, I'm fine with that (I will note it on the tracker). I'm not worried about it! The base price for the slot is 150 tbt, not 200, but you are welcome to tip.
I don't think I will get to yours until May, just FYI!
No problem! :) I’ll pay now just so that I don’t forget! ❤️

I've been lurking here for a hot minute so I'll just jump in to say I love these jadetine. Will there be like a proper finished display with all the items and characters outlined in the table when all the slots are taken? I definitely want to order one for my IR, I just need to remember to take reference pictures of him someday because I don't have any lol. I'll be back

I've been lurking here for a hot minute so I'll just jump in to say I love these jadetine. Will there be like a proper finished display with all the items and characters outlined in the table when all the slots are taken? I definitely want to order one for my IR, I just need to remember to take reference pictures of him someday because I don't have any lol. I'll be back
There will definitely be a final shelf reveal which will live in this thread FOREVER. I'm still fiddling with how the shelf looks, but I have some of the items painted. I will still need to make the kk slider doll, too!

Edit: thanks for the positive vibes! Nothing makes my day like starting off finding an egg and getting compliments, lol.

Last edited:
Back