• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

๐ŸŽŽ Renn's "Hina Ningyo Doll" Project Shop! ๐ŸŽŽ (PROJECT COMPLETE)

Hello there!

I'd like to request some art, as your designs are absolutely stunning, and I love the history behind these dolls.

I did notice that you've got a lot of requests, so I totally understand a denial/pushback.

Character (villager or island rep): Fang
Fang_NH.png
Position On The Display: Emperor
Payment: 333 TBT
Special Requests: N/A

Thank you so much for considering!

Hello there!

I'd like to request some art, as your designs are absolutely stunning, and I love the history behind these dolls.

I did notice that you've got a lot of requests, so I totally understand a denial/pushback.

O.M.Geeeeee
Fang as Emperor is too perfect!
I will happily reserve the slot for you, if you can wait until May to be contacted about the sketch and payment.
The beauty of this kind of shop is that I can set up a bunch of slots, as long as the patrons are willing to wait, without burning out on inspiration. And the end product is going to be something special, so thanks for wanting to be part of it!
Slot reserved. ๐Ÿฅฐ

O.M.Geeeeee
Fang as Emperor is too perfect!
I will happily reserve the slot for you, if you can wait until May to be contacted about the sketch and payment.
The beauty of this kind of shop is that I can set up a bunch of slots, as long as the patrons are willing to wait, without burning out on inspiration. And the end product is going to be something special, so thanks for wanting to be part of it!
Slot reserved. ๐Ÿฅฐ

I totally understand, and will be waiting patiently!

Thank you so, so much a million times for accepting. Iโ€™m ecstatic to be a part of this project. May canโ€™t come soon enough! ๐Ÿ’–

Presenting: Warrior Captain (Senior Guard) Becca for @Bekaa

1617689181543.png

Some notes:
  • The bandages were added on request; the proportions and expression were meant to evoke a sense of childhood adventure and nostalgia. I love how she has a look of challenge and a bit of fearlessness in that gaze.
  • The whole outfit was based on the samurai clothing items in game, but I took some liberties-- especially by adding horns to the helm to refer back to the reference image.
  • There's a fancy history to samurai helms, with each piece serving a function, but I wanted to draw attention to the crest that I added to the top: the ไป symbol represents "benevolence" or kindness / mercy. I saw @Bekaa had entered the recent egg decorating competition with "Be Kind" eggs, referencing a local movement.
Stand up to the bullies, little warrior! ^_^

View attachment 366643
Some notes:
  • The bandages were added on request; the proportions and expression were meant to evoke a sense of childhood adventure and nostalgia. I love how she has a look of challenge and a bit of fearlessness in that gaze.
  • The whole outfit was based on the samurai clothing items in game, but I took some liberties-- especially by adding horns to the helm to refer back to the reference image.
  • There's a fancy history to samurai helms, with each piece serving a function, but I wanted to draw attention to the crest that I added to the top: the ไป symbol represents "benevolence" or kindness / mercy. I saw @Bekaa had entered the recent egg decorating competition with "Be Kind" eggs, referencing a local movement.
Sheโ€™s just perfect! You are talented and so thoughtful. I love the addition of the benevolent symbol, and that this little warrior is a guardian for the good. I just want to give her a big hug!

I see there's one more spot for a public servant open. would I be able to reserve it? I can fill out a form! ๐Ÿ‘€

btw I absolutely love these, I'll have to tip if I can manage to get more tbt lol

I see there's one more spot for a public servant open. would I be able to reserve it? I can fill out a form! ๐Ÿ‘€

btw I absolutely love these, I'll have to tip if I can manage to get more tbt lol
Sure! If you can fill out the form (mostly because I want the reference images), that would be a great help!
I won't be able to get to it until May because of the queue, but if you don't mind waiting, the slot is yours!

Sure! If you can fill out the form (mostly because I want the reference images), that would be a great help!
I won't be able to get to it until May because of the queue, but if you don't mind waiting, the slot is yours!
that's fine with me, thank you!! I'm fine with waiting, I'm sure it'll look great if you take your time! I'll fill out the form below. If you don't mind I'm gonna include my mayor from New Leaf instead of my NH island rep :>

Character (villager or island rep): my mayor Daniel! :3 (click the link for a bunch of art of him)
Position on the display: Servant - Right
Payment: 33 tbt + tip
Special requests: I'd like him to wear the Hikoboshi kimono, perhaps a variation of it with a purple color where the dark blue folds are (as well as the knot in the middle of the belt). I'll put a pic of it below. Also, like Firesquid's mayor/servant was holding a pinwheel, I'd like mine to be holding maybe a blue/purple pansy :3
show

that's fine with me, thank you!! I'm fine with waiting, I'm sure it'll look great if you take your time! I'll fill out the form below. If you don't mind I'm gonna include my mayor from New Leaf instead of my NH island rep :>

Character (villager or island rep): my mayor Daniel! :3 (click the link for a bunch of art of him)
Position on the display: Servant - Right
Payment: 33 tbt + tip
Special requests: I'd like him to wear the Hikoboshi kimono, perhaps a variation of it with a purple color where the dark blue folds are (as well as the knot in the middle of the belt). I'll put a pic of it below. Also, like Firesquid's mayor/servant was holding a pinwheel, I'd like mine to be holding maybe a blue/purple pansy :3
show
Yussssss there is so much info here for inspiration! Reserving the slot.
I'll let you know via PM when I'm ready to start sketching (and once you approve the sketch, the tbt will be due then). I'm glad to see ACNL characters here!

Hello there!

I love this request for Fang as Emperor. That is going to be terrific! Fang is one of my favorites.

Character (villager or island rep): Sherb!

Position on the display: junior guard

Payment: 88tbt

Special requests: not sure if you have a specific color for the guards but if not id love some dark blue tones c:

Character (villager or island rep): Sherb!

Position on the display: junior guard

Payment: 88tbt

Special requests: not sure if you have a specific color for the guards but if not id love some dark blue tones c:
I would LOOOOOOOVE to have Sherb in blue; I'll reserve the slot! When the time comes, I'll probably ask what we should equip him with, hahaha. YAYYYY, I can't wait to make it to the last doll. *_*

View attachment 366643
Some notes:
You NAILED the expression, Renn! Loving this!

P.S. I am so excited for the Musician line - I think that all of these villagers are going to look great together!

Presenting Court Lady SillyPuppy the Erhu Player for @TheSillyPuppy
1618210974321.png

Some notes:
  • The Erhu is a traditional Chinese stringed instrument played in an upright seated position; even with just two strings, it is very emotive and recognizable in sound. I love it! When TheSillyPuppy made the special request to include an erhu, I linked this song (one of my faves):
  • Colors and patterns were taken from the reference image:
    • Giant Ribbon (pink)
    • Rimmed glasses (Gray)
    • Dreamy dress (Pink) - modified from a poofy ball gown to this silky robe, but with added ruffles on the underskirt and sleeves (great suggestion!); the embroidered star pattern and star pendant are also call-backs to the dreamy dress
    • Flowery-dot tights (pink) - tights were no longer visible under the long robe, so I moved the pattern to the collar
    • Pom-pom boots (pink) - I etched a bow and pom pom pattern on the shoe sticking out.
I'm so grateful for these commissions... pushing my artistic skills and letting me express my love for AC and the community in so many ways. I am having fun! Hope you are, too.

Presenting Court Lady SillyPuppy the Erhu Player for @TheSillyPuppy
View attachment 368191
Some notes:
  • The Erhu is a traditional Chinese stringed instrument played in an upright seated position; even with just two strings, it is very emotive and recognizable in sound. I love it! When TheSillyPuppy made the special request to include an erhu, I linked this song (one of my faves):
  • Colors and patterns were taken from the reference image:
    • Giant Ribbon (pink)
    • Rimmed glasses (Gray)
    • Dreamy dress (Pink) - modified from a poofy ball gown to this silky robe, but with added ruffles on the underskirt and sleeves (great suggestion!); the embroidered star pattern and star pendant are also call-backs to the dreamy dress
    • Flowery-dot tights (pink) - tights were no longer visible under the long robe, so I moved the pattern to the collar
    • Pom-pom boots (pink) - I etched a bow and pom pom pattern on the shoe sticking out.
I'm so grateful for these commissions... pushing my artistic skills and letting me express my love for AC and the community in so many ways. I am having fun! Hope you are, too.
I love how she came out; she's perfect! ๐Ÿคฉ It was a pleasure and fun to exchange ideas with you during the sketching process, and you did a wonderful job of bringing the idea to life~ Thank you so much! ๐Ÿ’œ

I'm excited to see how the full display looks once all the dolls are complete!

Presenting: Windflower Court Lady Amilee for @Amilee
1618799849849.png

Some notes:
  • The request was mainly to include blues and pinks, but overall colors were chosen from the dreamy sweater and the character's base colors.
  • The shape of the kimono is modeled after the fancy kimono in game. Designs include:
    • Clouds and stars from the referenced dreamy sweater
    • Sakura pattern on the obi belt for the cherry-blossom pochette
    • Windflowers at the bottom of the sleeves (but the white variant to contrast better)
    • the kimono skirt has an over-layer in a wavy shape like the petal skirt
  • I kept her hair the same and the cool windflower crown, because they were already gorgeous! :love:

Presenting: Windflower Court Lady Amilee for @Amilee
View attachment 369841
Some notes:
  • The request was mainly to include blues and pinks, but overall colors were chosen from the dreamy sweater and the character's base colors.
  • The shape of the kimono is modeled after the fancy kimono in game. Designs include:
    • Clouds and stars from the referenced dreamy sweater
    • Sakura pattern on the obi belt for the cherry-blossom pochette
    • Windflowers at the bottom of the sleeves (but the white variant to contrast better)
    • the kimono skirt has an over-layer in a wavy shape like the petal skirt
  • I kept her hair the same and the cool windflower crown, because they were already gorgeous! :love:
aaah i love her!!๐Ÿ’• she looks amazing! i love the kimono! ๐Ÿฅฐ thank you so much!!

Presenting: Okawa Drummer Pekoe for @Lightspring!

Some notes:
  • The outfit is a combination of the character model and long-sleeved inspiration from a certain drum scene in "House of Flying Daggers" where the actress wore this:
  • Pekoe has a little more makeup than usual; the little mark on her forehead is supposed to be a bear claw
  • The red dress with flower embroidery is from her character default red sleeveless silk dress
  • The character on her drum is "flower bud" in Chinese, a reference to her name; pardon my rusty calligraphy
I love her super round dumpling face, but that's how I see all villagers-- food shapes with personality, LOL.

Last edited:
Back