🎎 Renn's "Hina Ningyo Doll" Project Shop! 🎎 (PROJECT COMPLETE)

Presenting: Court Lady Delilah
View attachment 359732
for @Lightspring ! Some notes:
  • The color scheme was based on the reference drawings,
  • with a bubble detail on her main robe and some stitched polka-dots on the cushion.
  • The scalloped sleeve is supposed to mimic her pleated skirt from the reference.
  • The poem in her hands is an excerpt from poem 17 Chihayaburu kami-yo mo kikazu Tatsuta-gawa introduced as the title poem for Chihayafuru, (one of my favorite animes about a card game involving Japanese poems). You are, of course, seeing the characters backwards because we're facing the back of the scroll...
Oh. My. Goodness. She looks so pretty! I love the colors and creativity that went into making this! I enjoy having different styles and occasions for my character so this is definitely going into my favorites! Thank you so much again! <3333

Oh. My. Goodness. She looks so pretty! I love the colors and creativity that went into making this! I enjoy having different styles and occasions for my character so this is definitely going into my favorites! Thank you so much again! <3333
HOLYMOLY I was not expecting her to pop up in your signature~ I'm so honored. Many thanks for the commission. I have so much to learn! *_*

HOLYMOLY I was not expecting her to pop up in your signature~ I'm so honored. Many thanks for the commission. I have so much to learn! *_*
Anytime! I’m glad that my character was of some use, and I hope you continue to improve and be inspired, this is such a unique idea! 😊

Presenting: Public Servant Mayor Roxie for @Firesquids !
1615415925759.png

Some notes:
  • The gas mask inspired me to add the "smoke" detail on her collar
  • The triangles on her coat are from the grass pattern (but now that I'm looking at it, I think I should have spaced them more deliberately...)
  • I made the cushion into a sandy color to match the other earthy tones and thought of the cute footprint pattern that comes default in the game. It's the one slot I can't bring myself to overwrite.
I kept re-working the lineart and folds until I was just frustrated and I didn't want to take too long to deliver, so here is what I have today. X_X
I need to study flowy clothes a bit more. If you have any recommendations, I'm happy to take them, anyone!

Presenting: Public Servant Mayor Roxie for @Firesquids !
View attachment 360801

Some notes:
  • The gas mask inspired me to add the "smoke" detail on her collar
  • The triangles on her coat are from the grass pattern (but now that I'm looking at it, I think I should have spaced them more deliberately...)
  • I made the cushion into a sandy color to match the other earthy tones and thought of the cute footprint pattern that comes default in the game. It's the one slot I can't bring myself to overwrite.
I kept re-working the lineart and folds until I was just frustrated and I didn't want to take too long to deliver, so here is what I have today. X_X
I need to study flowy clothes a bit more. If you have any recommendations, I'm happy to take them, anyone!
First off, I love it! 😍
Super cute interpretation of my figure. I love the way you did the hair, it's got elements of the wig and a more traditional hair style. The paw print trail is also an adorable touch, I also really like the lines on the blue part, it looks like sunbeams shining through clouds/smoke.
I think you might be right about more deliberately spaced triangles, and one small suggestion I can make is to change the angle of the arm/wrist holding the pinwheel so it fits better with the shape of the sleeve. That's just a really small nitpicky tweek though. :)

Very nicely done overall, I love it so much. Thank you, Renn!💗

Oh this is so cute!

Character (villager or island rep):
EwJ6NEKVgAQY78e

Erqjo9ZVoAAqFAz

Position on the display: Servant left, or right if one of the position is taken.
Payment: 33 tbt (what a steal!)

Special requests: Maybe if my character could have a gloomy expression. Or if not gloomy, something neutral.
any of the outfits is good with me. Or whatever you think fits!

Oh this is so cute!

Character (villager or island rep):
EwJ6NEKVgAQY78e

Erqjo9ZVoAAqFAz

Position on the display: Servant left, or right if one of the position is taken.
Payment: 33 tbt (what a steal!)

Special requests: Maybe if my character could have a gloomy expression. Or if not gloomy, something neutral.
any of the outfits is good with me. Or whatever you think fits!
@Bluebellie Your character is always so memorable! I'll reserve the left slot for you now. There are 3 commissions in front of you, so you might not see anything until April, yikes! You can pay later if you prefer.

@Bluebellie Your character is always so memorable! I'll reserve the left slot for you now. There are 3 commissions in front of you, so you might not see anything until April, yikes! You can pay later if you prefer.
Aww thank you! your character is also so very memorable! I hope you incorporate her in the display. I can’t wait to see it once it has all the dolls. Also, no worries at all, you take as much time as you need 😊

Aww thank you! your character is also so very memorable! I hope you incorporate her in the display. I can’t wait to see it once it has all the dolls. Also, no worries at all, you take as much time as you need 😊
I purposely created only 13 slots for commissions and mistakenly assumed there would be no interest until I started inserting my paintings for the objects or the KK Slider doll. I'm so moved that all of you saw the potential and decided to invest early!
If I get to the point where I have completed all my commissions and art trades and painted the objects + KK, I will definitely insert my rep. 😄

I purposely created only 13 slots for commissions and mistakenly assumed there would be no interest until I started inserting my paintings for the objects or the KK Slider doll. I'm so moved that all of you saw the potential and decided to invest early!
If I get to the point where I have completed all my commissions and art trades and painted the objects + KK, I will definitely insert my rep. 😄
I’m sure it will look beautiful!
I can’t wait to see the end product!

This is the cutest idea. I added this thread to watch.

I LOVE this idea so much and so I hope I can get my order in here 😇 I don't have the tbt at the moment but I will definitely earn enough in the coming days. I would like Peewee as one of the drummers, his house used to always have a ton of drums in it so I think it would be a fitting spot for him!

Character (villager or island rep): Peewee
Peewee_NH.png

Peeweenl.jpg

Position on the display: Tsuzumi drummer
Screen Shot 2021-03-13 at 8.52.41 PM.png

Payment: 150 tbt

Special requests: I would like Peewee wearing orange and if you could sneak in a little reference to the number 5 in some way (to reference his 5 ball tee) that would be cool 👌

I LOVE this idea so much and so I hope I can get my order in here 😇 I don't have the tbt at the moment but I will definitely earn enough in the coming days. I would like Peewee as one of the drummers, his house used to always have a ton of drums in it so I think it would be a fitting spot for him!

Character (villager or island rep): Peewee

Position on the display: Tsuzumi drummer

Payment: 150 tbt

Special requests: I would like Peewee wearing orange and if you could sneak in a little reference to the number 5 in some way (to reference his 5 ball tee) that would be cool 👌
Omg, I'm laughing so hard because I really want to get to this commission ASAP, but I am so far behind in my art queue, lol. I really love this! You are in no way obligated to pay until I get to sketching, so you have plenty of time. I estimate this one will start in April. Reserved!
I hope someone picks like a super short hamster villager for the Taiko Drummer...

I’m so excited! And, thank you for providing the link to the information about Hina Ningyo.
Here’s my entry form
Character (villager or island rep): Becca

Position on the display: Senior Guard

Payment: 88 tbt

Special requests: I am thinking the sr guard be a good choice given the images you’ll see below. Last fall Pyoopi did the artwork that you see below based on the snapshot I provided below, and I had so much fun with that. The whole idea of being a flower stomper/Viking warrior Goddess was really fun. I continue to wear this outfit on my island from time to time it’s my favorite! I would also like it if you could maintain the theme of me being kind of “beat up“ like the broken horn or a Band-Aid/dirt on the face or something like that. (But, not the impaled part!) See what you think.
8DCFE034-E21E-4CF7-A4BD-19495447C1BE.png
B4C74F2A-3C21-4720-852E-6C306A4DFF66.jpeg

Last edited:
I’m so excited! And, thank you for providing the link to the information about Hina Ningyo.
Here’s my entry form
Character (villager or island rep): Becca

Position on the display: Senior Guard

Payment: 88 tbt

Special requests: I am thinking the sr guard be a good choice given the images you’ll see below. Last fall Pyoopi did the artwork that you see below based on the snapshot I provided below, and I had so much fun with that. The whole idea of being a flower stomper/Viking warrior Goddess was really fun. I continue to wear this outfit on my island from time to time it’s my favorite! I would also like it if you could maintain the theme of me being kind of “beat up“ like the broken horn or a Band-Aid/dirt on the face or something like that. (But, not the impaled part!) See what you think.
View attachment 361985View attachment 361986
😯
Finally, a warrior enters the arena!
That screenshot is pure gold. I'm tickled.

I'll reserve the slot, but I'm drowning in my art commission queue, so I'll have to ping you for when I can start sketching. Based on my 1 per week record, I will probably message you mid April. You can hold on to your tbt until then!

😯
Finally, a warrior enters the arena!
That screenshot is pure gold. I'm tickled.

I'll reserve the slot, but I'm drowning in my art commission queue, so I'll have to ping you for when I can start sketching. Based on my 1 per week record, I will probably message you mid April. You can hold on to your tbt until then!
There is no hurry. I understand you can’t rush genius!
I want it to be fun for you, not work. So take your time.

Renn, this is such a fun and interesting project! Here is my order form, and take all the time you need. 😊

Character (villager or island rep): Island rep SillyPuppy
SillyPuppy.jpg
Position on the display: Standing Court Lady – Right

Payment: 200 TBT

Special requests: I've always been fascinated with the traditional instruments from my culture. I would love it if this lovely court lady plays the Erhu!
Gaohu_1.jpg

d0267f7d1df3e03cb7f645c7a34849be.jpg

Renn, this is such a fun and interesting project! Here is my order form, and take all the time you need. 😊

Character (villager or island rep): Island rep SillyPuppy
Position on the display: Standing Court Lady – Right

Payment: 200 TBT

Special requests: I've always been fascinated with the traditional instruments from my culture. I would love it if this lovely court lady plays the Erhu!
Gaohu_1.jpg

d0267f7d1df3e03cb7f645c7a34849be.jpg
I love the erhu! I wanted one as a teen when my parents and I were visiting their hometown. They were superstitious, claiming it was only for mourning, so I wasn't allowed to buy one! I'm happy to add this to the queue.
Also, surprisingly good erhu song from such a silly movie:

I love the erhu! I wanted one as a teen when my parents and I were visiting their hometown. They were superstitious, claiming it was only for mourning, so I wasn't allowed to buy one! I'm happy to add this to the queue.
Also, surprisingly good erhu song from such a silly movie:
Oh wow, I didn't know that. 😅 The Chinese were (and some still are--my parents, too) a superstitious culture. Thank you so much! 💜

That piece is gorgeous, definitely a favourite from the first movie! And now I understand why it's featured in this piece. 🤯

Character (villager or island rep): https://toyhou.se/7301988.amilee-animal-crossing-

Position on the display: court lady standing left

Payment: 200

Special requests: please ignore the bubble gum haha you can dress her up as it fits you but i would love for her to still have kinda a pink and blue theme if thats works out :3
@Amilee! I can totally work with that color scheme; I'm so glad to see the windflowers because now I can embroider some florals onto the robe. <3
Your slot is reserved, but be forewarned it'll be quite a while before I get to sketching yours! I'll ping you when that day comes. 🤩 Likely late April.

Back