• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

🎎 Renn's "Hina Ningyo Doll" Project Shop! 🎎 (PROJECT COMPLETE)

jadetine

✨Hi! I’m Renn💫
Bells
Switch
2676-3129-8012
Island
Pokki
Yellow Rose
Red Rose
Red Rose
Red Rose
Golden Watering Can
White Rose
White Rose
White Rose
White Rose
Red Rose
Feedback
99.9% (1592) +
いらっしゃいませ!Irrashaimase! Come on in!

1614476611428.png

Welcome to the Hina Ningyo doll project shop!

Quick summary:

• Who: I, Renn, am painting an Animal Crossing themed Hina Ningyo Doll display
  • What: The Hinaningyo is a furniture item in animal crossing that is basically a display case for dolls:
    https://villagerdb.com/item/hinaningyo
    1614477489403.png
  • Where: By posting the order form, you can buy a doll of your favorite villager / island rep and/or a permanent position on my display based on the map below.
  • When: please be patient as the fastest I’ve completed any art has been over 3 days
  • Why: I love Hina Matsuri! There is an order and meaning to the dolls and items displayed. More info here: http://www.kyoto-shimazu.com/en/goods/hina.html
  • How /Usage: you may use the doll in your profile pic, signature, or elsewhere, as long as you credit me / link this post!
Howdy! My IGN is Renn, but I’ve used the online moniker Jadetine for ages! I recently started learning how to make digital art.
Here is my gallery thread: https://www.belltreeforums.com/threads/renns-fingerpaint-art.586641/
Here is where I’m hosting my art until I can figure out where the cool kids post their works nowadays: https://jadetine.imgbb.com/albums

Character (villager or island rep):

Position on the display: see the Position names in the next post (or choose not to display the doll)

Payment:

Special requests:

Rules for ordering:
  • Please attach image references of the villager or the island rep to your post
  • Prices on the chart are the minimum expected tbt payment; please don’t send the bells until I’ve responded to your post in case someone else has reserved a spot outside the thread
  • If you just want a doll and not a spot on the Hinadan, the base price is 100 tbt
  • For special requests, this can be specific patterns, items, expressions, etc. in the image; or let me know if you want to gift the art to a friend or anything else fancy
Please let me know if you have questions! This is my first shop…

Status meaning:
Open = nobody has claimed this spot
Reserved = someone has claimed the spot and I am working on the doll
Complete = you should see the doll

Post automatically merged:

Yusoku-bina Seven-tier Hinadan Display

1614476611428.png

Empress Ketchup​
1620456334895.png

Emperor Fang
for @k e r f u f f l e
1618801248442.png
Windflower Court Lady Amilee​
1614909280896.png

Poet Court Lady Delilah
for @Lightspring
1618212387279.png

Erhu player Court Lady SillyPuppy for @TheSillyPuppy
1619934764695.png

Taiko Drummer Tipper for @piske
1619239287746.png

Okawa drummer Pekoe
for @Lightspring
1616225327952.png

Flutist Gladys for @princess.looking.for.frog
1617082928697.png
Tsuzumi Drummer Peewee for @deanapants

Vocalist KK Slider​

Junior guard Sherb
for @Amilee
1617690300148.png
Senior Guard Warrior Becca
for @Bekaa

Orange Tree​
1616740352738.png

Gloomy Servant @Bluebellie
1615416340118.png

Public Servant Mayor Roxie
for @Firesquids
Scientific Advisor Daniel for
@xSuperMario64x

Cherry Tree​

Steamer Basket Set​

Kagamimochi​

Rice Cooker​

Sturdy Sewing box​

Imperial Chest​

Traditional Tea Set​

Ox Figurine​
1622525117279.png

Garden wagon​

Tracker:

Last edited:
Oh my gosh! This looks so cool!

Character (villager or island rep): Delilah island rep
A6E24E2E-B582-457D-9F65-B219A51E9FA8.jpeg
5300ED82-55A4-4CDA-B8D3-AE06375E18AC.png

Position on the display: Sitting Court Lady – Center

Payment: 200 tbt

Special requests: Question: will the outfit be based off our own character or the traditional outfit?

Oh my gosh! This looks so cool!

Character (villager or island rep): Delilah island rep
View attachment 358564View attachment 358565

Position on the display: Sitting Court Lady – Center

Payment: 200 tbt

Special requests: Question: will the outfit be based off our own character or the traditional outfit?
I wanted to keep the flowing robes look, seated on a cushion, but if you have any ideas or thoughts (favorite colors, MUST HAVEs like those rainbow polka dots), let me know! I will send you a base sketch via PM when ready.
I will reserve the slot for you! Let me know if you prefer to pay upon delivery or up front. ^_^

I wanted to keep the flowing robes look, seated on a cushion, but if you have any ideas or thoughts, let me know! I will send you a base sketch via PM when ready.
I will reserve the slot for you! Let me know if you prefer to pay upon delivery or up front. ^_^
I don’t mind the flowing robes and the cushion, I think that they would look fantastic! If you would not mind, could you make Delilah’s face content and have a poem in her hands? It’s up to you! I can definitely pay up front for sure!

I don’t mind the flowing robes and the cushion, I think that they would look fantastic! If you would not mind, could you make Delilah’s face content and have a poem in her hands? It’s up to you! I can definitely pay up front for sure!
👌 I can definitely make a peacefully content expression and have a scroll poem in her hands! Yes please send the tbt so we don't have that lingering, thanks! ❤

Character (villager or island rep): Mayor Roxie
Position on the display: Servant Center
Payment: 33 tbt
_DSC0339.jpg

Is that enough tbt? Seems like a steal. I would want a higher position but Roxie is a mayor so she's "public servant" and also, she's been wearing that maid outfit for like 5 years now... It just makes too much sense. I like the items in front of that position the most too. Not sure if the gas mask clashes too much lol.
Let me know!

Character (villager or island rep): Mayor Roxie
Position on the display: Servant Center
Payment: 33 tbt
View attachment 358655

Is that enough tbt? Seems like a steal. I would want a higher position but Roxie is a mayor so she's "public servant" and also, she's been wearing that maid outfit for like 5 years now... It just makes too much sense. I like the items in front of that position the most too. Not sure if the gas mask clashes too much lol.
Let me know!
I purposely priced a lower tier to entice people to buy in. You can certainly tip! And the gas mask gives her character, I love it (and this photo). I'll have to figure out how to sketch stuff that matches the theme, but fortunately, she's already in a dress. You can do the tbt whenever, I just have a couple orders in front of you, so you will probably see the lineart for comment late next week.

I purposely priced a lower tier to entice people to buy in. You can certainly tip! And the gas mask gives her character, I love it (and this photo). I'll have to figure out how to sketch stuff that matches the theme, but fortunately, she's already in a dress. You can do the tbt whenever, I just have a couple orders in front of you, so you will probably see the lineart for comment late next week.
Absolutely no rush of course, I'm excited to see it! Again this is such a cute idea, dude. 😊

Character (villager or island rep): Gladys!
D37508F9-937F-4EFC-9372-EDCA78C76C47.png

Position on the display: Flutist

Payment: 150tbt

Special requests: can she please be wearing something inspired by this kimono? Also can she have a consistent colour scheme, with underlayers of white and yellow, matching the kimono.
58C1082C-9DB9-4E59-8DD1-EF1789F30EEE.png

Character (villager or island rep): Gladys!

Position on the display: Flutist

Payment: 150tbt

Special requests: can she please be wearing something inspired by this kimono? Also can she have a consistent colour scheme, with underlayers of white and yellow, matching the kimono.
Some questions for clarification:
  • Do you want Gladys in a standing or seated pose?
  • What aspect of the Old Commoner's Kimono that should be kept? The obi belt? The pattern? The red and yellow?
    • I was going more for the Ancient Sashed robe look:
      1614638584621.png
  • If under layers are white and yellow, did you have thoughts on the outer color?
I've reserved the spot for you!

Last edited:
Some questions for clarification:
  • Do you want Gladys in a standing or seated pose?
  • What is it that you like about the Old Commoner's Kimono that should be kept? The obi belt? The pattern? The red and yellow?
  • If under layers are white and yellow, did you have thoughts on the outer color?

oh ok, I would like Gladys to be standing, and the sashed robe look will be great! The pattern in red as the main part of the robe will be nice, with a yellow ribbon tied around. Also, darker reds for the trims would be nice, and the underlayers as yellow and white. Thanks!
Post automatically merged:

I am also thinking a 3/4 stanse would look better as the beak face-on might look a little funny. Though, it is up to you!

oh ok, I would like Gladys to be standing, and the sashed robe look will be great! The pattern in red as the main part of the robe will be nice, with a yellow ribbon tied around. Also, darker reds for the trims would be nice, and the underlayers as yellow and white. I am also thinking a 3/4 stanse would look better as the beak face-on might look a little funny. Though, it is up to you! Thanks!
I'm so excited for Gladys to rock this look! I have 3 orders in front of you, so I will not likely have a sketch for your review until next week. Sorry for the wait! Please feel free to pay the 150 tbt when convenient.

I'm so excited for Gladys to rock this look! I have 3 orders in front of you, so I will not likely have a sketch for your review until next week. Sorry for the wait! Please feel free to pay the 150 tbt when convenient.
Oh thank you very much! I will pay the bells right now so I don’t forget, also I posted a 3/4 pose might look better, though it’s up to you :D

Sent! Thank you so much, and please take your time!
Presenting: Court Lady Delilah
1614909630658.png

for @Lightspring ! Some notes:
  • The color scheme was based on the reference drawings,
  • with a bubble detail on her main robe and some stitched polka-dots on the cushion.
  • The scalloped sleeve is supposed to mimic her pleated skirt from the reference.
  • The poem in her hands is an excerpt from poem 17 Chihayaburu kami-yo mo kikazu Tatsuta-gawa introduced as the title poem for Chihayafuru, (one of my favorite animes about a card game involving Japanese poems). You are, of course, seeing the characters backwards because we're facing the back of the scroll...

Last edited:
Back