• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Raymond: The Hot Topic!

Love him, like him, hate him!?

• Love him!

Votes: 74 28.6%
  • Like him!

Votes: 82 31.7%
  • Hate him!

Votes: 11 4.2%
  • No opinion on him!

Votes: 73 28.2%
  • Dislike him!

Votes: 19 7.3%

• Total voters

N a t

In the name of the Moon, Indeedaroo!
Bells
Sheep Plush
Blue Star Fragment
The Bell Tree Fair 2020 Patch
Yellow Star Fragment
Sheep Plush
Pink Hybrid Rose
Blue Hybrid Rose
Red Rose
Yellow Rose
White Rose
I'm genuinely curious and in the mood to have discussions and read others discussions on the topic. Feel free to vote anonymously (pretty sure it's set to be anonymous, this is my first poll in ages) or comment on it and discuss.

Do you love him, like him, or hate him. Why? Or perhaps you don't care!

I really like him. He has a lot of qualities I like in general. He's a cat, has glasses, heterochromia is cool, and I like the smug personality. But he definitely isn't my favorite villager. That spot belongs to Cleo. If I didn't get him in my town by chance, I do not feel as though I would try very hard to get him by island hopping nonstop or buying him on here. He isn't worth that much to me. But I know that he is to others, and some people hate what he's done to the economy. Now I like him enough that I'm not getting rid of him but I wouldn't have suffered without him.

How do y'all feel about this new "celebrity" villager we seem to have? Try to be nice to eachother even if you disagree. Thanks!

Edit for quality: Just a quick note, I added a couple of options as we went a long because I didn't give enough for some of the people on here to properly tell us how they feel so I added those to the poll, it should be set to change your vote, so if you felt that you were left no choice but to vote for whatever was closest to your feelings but not exact, please feel free to change your vote and let me know if you have any other concerns with my poll. Will do my best to keep up, thanks!

Last edited:
I really like him~
His character design is really cute, but I'm definitely not set on island hopping for him. However, if he does come to my island he can stay for a while <3

I really like him~
His character design is really cute, but I'm definitely not set on island hopping for him. However, if he does come to my island he can stay for a while <3
I feel the same, he's cute and he came to me so I was totally happy to have him, but I wouldn't stress over island hopping or participating in an auction for any specific villager, it's too much stress for me and I like at least 20 different villagers or more that I'd love to have!

You should have had a neutral option. I don't have strong opinions about him personally. Don't like him but don't hate him. He's just another villager to me.​
Let me see if I can add that! I guess I kinda used like as my middle option but indifference would have been better. My apologies!

You should have had a neutral option. I don't have strong opinions about him personally. Don't like him but don't hate him. He's just another villager to me.​
I added an option for those who have no opinion on him! :)
Post automatically merged:

Yea can we have a neutral option because I don't really "love" or "hate" him
Added! Sorry! Edit: Typo

You could have added another option "I'm indifferent". I really don't care about him, honestly. He's just another character in the game, that, like most of them, doesn't make any difference. I don't get the appeal nor the reason for hating. I just see him as a bland attempt of making a cool character that backfired, and the outcome was just another character that I could care less about.

I don't know, his design screams "try hard" for me. It's just too forced to "be cool". I like simpler designs, so that's that.

Edit: got "ninjad"

I guess he’s cute but he’s not my favorite. I like his unique eyes though.

I like him, but don't love him.
I've been lucky enough to get him as my forced camper. He's cool, I like his design and his house is not what I expected but also nice.
Will I keep him in my town? Probably not. I won't aim to get him to leave but if he pings for it, I won't say no. I have other smugs I like more, such as Shep and Kyle.
However, I can see why a lot of people love him. I can also understand why some would hate him... but I'm not going to delve into that mess.

Overall, he's a cool cat - pun intended - and while I like him, there's just other smugs I like more.

I don't really have feelings about him.

Overall, for New Leaf, I didn't really care for smugs (Hans was the one exception). I'd like to give smugs another chance to see what their dialogue is like in NH (my first camper is already gone). He seems overhyped like Marshall but, both of them are cute character designs so I'm not surprised. I'm interested in having him for a min to see if I like him and also smug in general. So, once one of my repeats asks to go I'll see if he shows up in the campsite by chance. Otherwise, I'll have a Raymond to give to someone else worst case scenario and I can just scan in Hans later if I really need a smug for PWP type stuff.

You could have added another option "I'm indifferent". I really don't care about him, honestly. He's just another character in the game, that, like most of them, doesn't make any difference. I don't get the appeal nor the reason for hating. I just see him as a bland attempt of making a cool character that backfired, and the outcome was just another character that I could care less about.

I don't know, his design screams "try hard" for me. It's just too forced to "be cool". I like simpler designs, so that's that.

Edit: got "ninjad"
Haha sorry, yeah, I tried to add the option before too many people had to ask, this was not well executed unfortunately! Thanks for sharing! :)

Reactions: Raz
he's been my favorite of the new villagers since i initially saw their designs before release. I'm a sucker for cats in general and i like that his design is unique enough to stand out without being TOO gimicky (of course, gimicky can be good). plus the whole business cat aesthetic added to the stuff like the heterochromia and little blonde tuft of hair + the darker palette for the fur/ears just kind of all adds up for me.

I love Raymond! :D I love cats in general, but he reminds me a lot of Bob the minion, who I thought was the cutest QuQ With that being said, I would not pay as much as he goes for in here cx

im on the fence about him!! I got him on a tour the other night and invited him to try and see what all the hype is about. haven’t really seen the appeal yet tbh

I honestly don’t understand the hype. I definitely don’t hate him though. I can’t really have an opinion until I interact with him but first impressions are ‘blah’. I think it’s really cool he has heterochromia but that’s it. I’m not a big cat fan, I find his colouring boring and I don’t really like glasses on villagers. Honestly, if I didn’t know he was popular and I found him on an island tour I would skip him. The only reason I’d take him now would be to trade him later. It’s always nice seeing the community get excited about a new villager but he’s just not for me.

he's been my favorite of the new villagers since i initially saw their designs before release. I'm a sucker for cats in general and i like that his design is unique enough to stand out without being TOO gimicky (of course, gimicky can be good). plus the whole business cat aesthetic added to the stuff like the heterochromia and little blonde tuft of hair + the darker palette for the fur/ears just kind of all adds up for me.
Kinda how I feel about it, and while i love a lot of animals, cats are high on my list in general. I like probably all but one cat in the series to be honest. Sorry Katt :(

Back