• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Post your strange AC:NL thoughts here

I love the villagers who have family members as furniture, namely Tangy with fruit furniture. XD

Well I mean, Tangy IS the best character so.... Yaknow..... >:3

- - - Post Merge - - -

It's just so she feels less lonely

I got another one... How do the snow people give us stuff? They have no hands... Or pockets..

And why the heck does Harriet have scissors?! She doesn't even use them, and she can't use them due to a lack of opposable thumbs...
Speaking of Harriet, why does Shampoodle have a cart full of what looks like cell phone cases? We don't have phones!

Why are villagers so quick to buy your furniture but they don't even donate anything towards public works projects?

- - - Post Merge - - -

How do you live off of like, one Apple a week? Seriously! And you don't drink water... Wait... Are we dead?

But I also think it's weird how villagers just KNOW what you're carrying... like... how would they know that I have something in my pocket? "Oh I heard rumor you have a ____!" ok... so who told you then. Who is psychic and just snooping in my pockets?

I was just playing, I shook a tree, a shower stall fell out (AC logic-- breaking physics one furniture item at a time), and I KID YOU NOT I walked about 3 steps and Patty was like, "I heard a rumor that you have a shower stall in your pockets.. Would you mind selling it to me?"
My first thought: THE HECK HOW IS THERE A RUMOR ALREADY
My second thought: WHO WAS WATCHING ME SHAKE TREES
My third thought: Patty already has a shower stall in her house
My fourth thought: Wait how would she turn it on she has hooves...

And that's Animal Crossing logic.

I got another one...

Who was actually supposed to be the mayor...

OMG was it Isabelle? What if all along, Isabelle was going to announce that she was mayor but she didn't because when you came to town, the villagers all thought you were the new mayor...

Why are you the only human? A theory on another AC forum said that maybe it's a small child playing with their toys, and the human characters do kind of look like dolls, "moving in" villagers are new plushes/stuffed animals the child has gotten, and letters from parents are things the parents say to the child.

We all wonder how Isabelle can work at the town hall 24/7 without eat something, sleeping... But what
about her brother Digby? That poor guy is the whole time outside, whatever the weather is, you see him
all the time standing on the same spot. All day all night. I mean, how does he do that? Does he eat or
sleep? How weatherproof is he when you find him even outside while a thunderstorm is there right now?
And doesn't he get pretty quick sick from this? But the important question is: Does he ever sit down for
once at least? His poor legs must hurt a lot. If you think about it, Digby has the worst job from all NPCs
in the game...

I got another one... How do the snow people give us stuff? They have no hands... Or pockets..

And why the heck does Harriet have scissors?! She doesn't even use them, and she can't use them due to a lack of opposable thumbs...
Speaking of Harriet, why does Shampoodle have a cart full of what looks like cell phone cases? We don't have phones!

Why are villagers so quick to buy your furniture but they don't even donate anything towards public works projects?

- - - Post Merge - - -

How do you live off of like, one Apple a week? Seriously! And you don't drink water... Wait... Are we dead?

Just imagine if we did have phones, and the villagers could call us randomally but its a choice if we want to pick it up, almost like the phones in pokemon soul silver and heart gold~that would be fun (could of added more to their personality side and more additional things to say) and annoying at the same time.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Just imagine if we did have phones, and the villagers could call us randomally but its a choice if we want to pick it up, almost like the phones in pokemon soul silver and heart gold~that would be fun (could of added more to their personality side and more additional things to say) and annoying at the same time.

Who actually builds the pwps after you pay for them? You can have your town on 24/7 and never leave the spot where you pwp is, but the game will restart in the morning and it's just there.
Isabelle claims you can only put up or destroy one pwp a day because it takes so much work, yet apparently it can be built or destroyed in seconds once it turns 9am, so...?

Also, when you pay the gyroid, where do your bells go? Do you stuff them in it's mouth..?
Annddd speaking of it's mouth, how do the gyroids you dig up only make random noises, but pwp gyroids can talk?

First up, it really annoys me to see both Isabelle and Porter wide awake 24 hours a day, waiting for you so that they could do their jobs. You could see that Isabelle is stuck standing and not even sitting down on the Town hall chairs, and remember when you see her sleeping at the town hall and that’s how you unlock the Dream Suite? Her first line of dialogue is “Mayor, I’m so sorry! It’s not what it looks like” and she’s begging you, which to me seems like she’s begging you because she’s scared. Also Porter, he stands in a little BOX which is just the size of him. It seems weird, and also it’s extremely weird that his catchphrase is “Eek eek” which reminds me of when you’re scared and you say 'Eek'! Something even more confusing is that the Post Office is open all day, and yet there’s two people running it throughout the day, which is Pelly and Phylis. Even though the Train Station and Town Hall also run for 24 hours, only one person runs it. Hmm...

Between June and mid-September you can catch piranhas. Freaking piranhas! Like, I thought this was supposed to be a peaceful little village you're living in, yet for three and a half months it houses one of the deadiliest fish out there! And on that note, we're allowed to swim in the ocean. Where there are sharks. Just... just think about this all for a moment.

First up, it really annoys me to see both Isabelle and Porter wide awake 24 hours a day, waiting for you so that they could do their jobs. You could see that Isabelle is stuck standing and not even sitting down on the Town hall chairs, and remember when you see her sleeping at the town hall and that’s how you unlock the Dream Suite? Her first line of dialogue is “Mayor, I’m so sorry! It’s not what it looks like” and she’s begging you, which to me seems like she’s begging you because she’s scared. Also Porter, he stands in a little BOX which is just the size of him. It seems weird, and also it’s extremely weird that his catchphrase is “Eek eek” which reminds me of when you’re scared and you say 'Eek'! Something even more confusing is that the Post Office is open all day, and yet there’s two people running it throughout the day, which is Pelly and Phylis. Even though the Train Station and Town Hall also run for 24 hours, only one person runs it. Hmm...

I bet they all take naps in secret when nobody is playing. After all, your mayor and character disappear when you're not on, so it's prime sleep time for all of them. Maybe. But Isabelle also claims she's 'so busy' with tons of paperwork when you put up a pwp but she just stands there all the time and doesn't actually do work haha

Yeah the fact that she claims to be working is annoying... Or like when you dismantle a PWP, and she's like "I have so much to do. You'll have to wait til tomorrow." And I'm like

Really, Isabelle? Really?

- - - Post Merge - - -

Yeah the fact that she claims to be working is annoying... Or like when you dismantle a PWP, and she's like "I have so much to do. You'll have to wait til tomorrow." And I'm like

Really, Isabelle? Really?

This is a fun thread. Here are some silly thoughts: Where do the characters who run the shops live? How come villagers can be okay with not having a bed in their house? Or why are they just sleeping standing up even when they do have a bed in their house? Why can you kill a gold rose by running over it? Why do bugs jump in the river while running from your character? Why can't I give fossils to Blathers for his own collection? Why do bees always sting the same eye, even if you find more than one beehive in a day? Why can't Gulliver just fly back onto the boat he was tossed off of?

wKSKZQX - Imgur.jpg
Some villagers can smell the items being carried in a player's pockets.What exactly does a djimbe drum smell like?

AI0uixM - Imgur.jpg
In an earlier post on this thread,Spooky/Namstar asked where the villagers use the toilet:anywhere they want,apparently.(Thanks,Beau...geez,what the heck did he eat?)

Some of my villagers have mentioned that they eat the fish they catch. It's kind of silly that the only ask for fruit for food, though.

Wait! What? I don't think I have ever had a villager mention they eat fish. (Or maybe I just blanked it out cuz I didn't want to hear it.)

For that matter, I have never seen one catch a fish! They do ask for fish quite often, though. I never check, but do they always display them in their house? (Or do they ask so they can eat them?)

I always thought Kapp'n was kind of an odd NPC.
Like, it's very subtle, but it seems like he flirts with your female characters and for me personally he's only done it when we're alone on the boat to the island (or alone on the bus in AC:CF). Isn't your character supposed to be modeled after a child? They look pretty young to me.

I always thought Kapp'n was kind of an odd NPC.
Like, it's very subtle, but it seems like he flirts with your female characters and for me personally he's only done it when we're alone on the boat to the island (or alone on the bus in AC:CF). Isn't your character supposed to be modeled after a child? They look pretty young to me.

Imo, he is not flirting. I thought so when I first played a female mayor, but as time went on I realized he talks to both the guys and gals as he would talk to his own daughter (or son if he had/has one), wisely teaching them things they need to be mature, responsible adults. He tells all his passengers to respect their moms; he confesses how much he loves his wife and daughter; he compliments gals in sweet, fatherly ways and kids around a bit with the guys; he loves the sea but chose his family over staying at sea; he gently teases; he offers to sumo wrestle then, imo, realizes that it would be not quite appropriate, lol; oh, many more that I am not thinking of right now. He's my favorite of all the characters!

Back