• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Pokémon Pokemon Go General Discussion

a guy that was about 18-20 who had a bottle of sprite was laying on a building when i was walking past, and i was talking to my friend about this machamp i caught, I CAUGHT A MACHAMP IN SAFEWAY HOLY GOD and the guy was like "yo are you talking about pokemon go?" and i was like yeah and he asked if it was out yet and i said it came out at noon yesterday and he said oh that's rad, thanks, now have a good day! and we were like thanks you too, and he said hope you catch some rare pokes and i was like yeah you too man. i don't know why i told that story but it made me feel pretty darn good, that there were pokemon fans wherever

Does anyone have any tips for catching Pokemon? I try to go over to where you can see the leaves throwing up but the Pokemon itself won't show up :/

Just got back from going to the store and managed to catch a few Pokes. There were some interesting ones that showed up in the nearby list, like Tauros, Hypno, and Jinx.

I actually found a Jinx at Walmart and that was literally the most accurate thing ever.

It's really starting to irritate me though because I caught it (and like 3 others) but after it went inside the ball it just sat there on the ground and I had to close the app. It was registered as "seen" but not caught. :/

Also I ran into a few Pokestops but could not use them because they were "too far away". Apparently you have to be right on them??? I'll probably never get to use one since they're so out of the way of stores and whatnot.

Ran into a Gym as well but I wasn't high enough in level so idk... I think it was at Toys R Us.

The thing with eevees in Pokemon GO is that only Generation 1 pokemon are available therefore only Jolteon, Flareon and Vaporeon are available.
Evolution of eevees in Pokemon GO is completely random you cannot choose.

Does anyone have any tips for catching Pokemon? I try to go over to where you can see the leaves throwing up but the Pokemon itself won't show up :/

What for them to appear and click on them. Or may have to use camera somehow to.. I'm not sure how that works just yet..
How does this exactly work?
Can people usually just leave it running in the background and it vibrates and/or gives notification when you're near one?
Or do you have to leave the app running at all times?

And I found the answer to this. The answer is: BOTH
You have to leave it on at all times to check on and stuff.
The only way you don't need to keep it open, is when you get Pokemon Go PLUS, which notifies you when you're near a pokemon.

The only way you don't need to keep it open, is when you get Pokemon Go PLUS, which notifies you when you're near a pokemon.

Which tbh is totally not worth the $35 to buy the pin. Why would it be so expensive...?

Anyone else been walking around their neighborhood in the middle of the night with a flashlight and their Pok?mon Go open? That's how I caught my Seel, Abra, and Male Nidoran earlier 0_0

Which tbh is totally not worth the $35 to buy the pin. Why would it be so expensive...?

I'm such a sucker for convenient little items. So I'll probably be getting the Pokemon Go Plus. I like going for continuous walks and stopping to look at my phone is a bit irritating. That way I'll only have to look at my phone during little breaks I take along the way (and when a new species of pokemon decides to appear, hopefully that'll be it though)

Downloaded it for a minute but I live in the middle of nowhere so after my starter there wasn't really anything else I could do... So I uninstalled it, maybe I'll reinstall it later on but not for a while, cause really I'm not going to be able to level or anything until I go somewhere...

Finally leveled up to level 5 and joined the gym right next to my house! Someone from team blue (the one I chose) was already there, so we upped the gym's prestige points :)

Also let a tauros with 188 CP escape me rip

It came out for me on my birthday ^^ The first Pokemon I caught after my starter was Eevee <3 I can't wait until they add Umbreon to the game (if they plan to add more).

Even better, I live by 2 Pokestops and someone keeps using lures on one of them so I'm getting an influx of Pokemon showing up ;o;

i caught few pokemon, the servers were down all day. the game is rather glitchy/annoying bc of that.
they spawn in weird places in my neighborhood and it's annoying. when i go to the field nothing shows up lol. gonna walk by a pokemon gym tomorrow and find more pokestops with my brother. i saw cool pokemon in the 'nearby' thing but i could never catch them.

haven't looked into guides bc internet has been bad but how do we fight friends and can we trade?

Okay, the servers are back up, my Eevee saved (don't know if it's a boy or a girl, and don't know how to check) and there was a Caterpie and Weedle on my bed this morning.

What a nice surprise.

while everyone is busy playing pokemon go im still waiting here for its release in my country. rip

Question does driving count towards the km you "walked"?

Cause then it might be worth it to get my driver's license

Last edited:
Yes, my dad drove me around. The game can't tell if yu're in a car or not

I heard somewhere though that people have to drive slow enough for the GPS to count it as walking/jogging/running. >>

Also, Pok?mon Go has been running amazingly for me since I woke up today! Anyone else having a better time with the servers?

I heard somewhere though that people have to drive slow enough for the GPS to count it as walking/jogging/running. >>

Also, Pok?mon Go has been running amazingly for me since I woke up today! Anyone else having a better time with the servers?

I haven't had any issues today! I'm so happy! My parents are gonna take me for a ride around town to get some new pokemon!

CROSSING MY FINGERS FOR A PIKACHU

Back