• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Pokémon Pokemon General

Is this close to the truth?
20240206_113324_4526.jpg

The only truth is that the Pokemon team got lazy and started putting out trash designs. Lol

Say what you want about Palworld...but, some of the designs that aren't directly lifted from Pokemon are actually charming in their own right. - There are tons of creations of Fakemon, designed by fans, that look better than the real thing as well. So...it's really time to step things up.

We still have real-world organisms that haven't been represented by Pokemon. - It feels like the team is just too lazy to research more obscure plants, animals, etc. - One of the reasons I loved Pokemon as a kid was actually because it taught me about real-world things that I didn't know existed. The door is wide open for the newer Pokemon games to continue that trend. We still have plenty of suitable lifeforms.

I spent practically my entire time playing Scarlet calling that giant new fish Pokemon dodonzo, only to find out just a couple days ago that it's actually dondozo. Now I'm sad... I like dodonzo better! It makes it sound like a Legend of Zelda character.

Tomorrow is Pokémon Day!
9:00 EST

I wonder what we might get? So many people are saying that we might get something Johto or Unova related. We will always get the usual side game information like for Masters EX, Unite, Café Remix, Sleep etc. However, a new main series game that might revitalise my passion for the franchise, such as a quality, not-remastered games of either Johto or Unova might get me interested. I always try to keep low expectations though.

Last edited:
I'm very excited for this! I'm hoping for a legends styled unova game. I really hope we don't just get a lame remaster like BDSP for unova. Why do I have a feeling that they'd just use the same engine for the gen 5 remakes if we do get them? A let's go johto game would be cute too.

I'm very excited for this! I'm hoping for a legends styled unova game. I really hope we don't just get a lame remaster like BDSP for unova. Why do I have a feeling that they'd just use the same engine for the gen 5 remakes if we do get them? A let's go johto game would be cute too.
If ILCA is working on them they could very well use the Gen 5 engine as a base. I really hope not. Hopefully, the backlash from BDSP taught GF and ILCA a lesson. If not then...I would rather have a Let's Go Johto lol

If ILCA is working on them they could very well use the Gen 5 engine as a base. I really hope not. Hopefully, the backlash from BDSP taught GF and ILCA a lesson. If not then...I would rather have a Let's Go Johto lol
Literally me too LOL cause at that point, I'd rather just play the originals and save my money. Watch the direct talk about nothing but mobile news no one cares about ahahahah. That would be a big rip.

Khu made some interesting posts with the ability Intimidate but Pokémon Day announcement starts in less than an hour! Let's go UNOVA!

I am online, ready to be disappointed

Come on, Pokemon Company! Give us something good!!

I am ready for pocket monsters news! I am obviously going to regret this!
edit: well fudge, its disappeared from the youtube channel. how's the presents so far?

Last edited:
Literally all of it was crappy mobile game ads, I was worried for a sec!!

But new Legends game for what looks like Kalos region! HYYYPEEEE!

didn't really care for the mobile games, though the digital trading card app intrigues me, especially if they plan to (hopefully?) re-release older card packs/series that newer fans don't really have a hope of opening lol. i was mostly watching to see what new game they'd announce and as someone who LOVED legends: arceus, i have a lot of excitement and high hopes for a second legends game !! i'm really glad it wasn't something BDSP or even let's go styled.

Pokemon Legends Z-A! We go back to Kalos! All of the other stuff before it I don't really care about, even the digital cards.

However....Kalos. It was wronged and maybe this game will make it right!

More Megas! More fun! Let's go!

I (eventually) watched it via digitaltrends, but wow that legends game had me worried for a sec. I genuinely went from "Unova Remake?" to "OH GOD PLEASE DONT BE GEN 10" to "oh cool legends kalos"
edit: also i just realized megas are returning. New mega evolutions maybe? If so, please give me mega Empoleon

Last edited:
Pokemon Trading Cards Pocket seems super dope and I'm very excited for that. I just gope in game currency isn't expensive!

I never expected a Legends game for Kalos but knew it was after I saw the tower. It's funny, it's been ages since I played XY, but was just thinking last night how TERRIBLE Lumoise City was in 3DS 😂 They rushed the game just like Scarlet and Violet but at least generation 6 gets redemption here.

Also megas are finally back wooooon I hope we get more fooooorms ;~;

Who do you guys think the starters will be this time? :0

Pokemon Trading Cards Pocket seems super dope and I'm very excited for that. I just gope in game currency isn't expensive!

I never expected a Legends game for Kalos but knew it was after I saw the tower. It's funny, it's been ages since I played XY, but was just thinking last night how TERRIBLE Lumoise City was in 3DS 😂 They rushed the game just like Scarlet and Violet but at least generation 6 gets redemption here.

Also megas are finally back wooooon I hope we get more fooooorms ;~;

Who do you guys think the starters will be this time? :0
I saw the tower and still didn't believe it was Kalos related LOL. I was like, "oh, that's kalos... nah, it can't be." I was that deadset on Johto or Unova.

Created a thread for all Legends Z-A discussion so not all speculation is concentrated on this thread.

Back