• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Pokémon Pokemon General

GOD F****** D*** IT
why can't i beat the battle maison ?

i'm literally using my strongest triple threat against it and they still manage to take me out.
at least i got a new record... ( 74 straight wins )
but still...

if only if i used shadow sneak instead of iron head, i ( maybe ) could have won...

does anybody have any tips ?
i'm already using mega kangeskhan, choice scarf togekiss, and sp. defensive aegislash with leftovers.

Last edited:
I've just been cheesing it myself on the side with traunt durant shenanigans (currently at 77 wins)

team though is

durant
ability: traunt (obv)
nature: jolly
evs: 252 hp, 252 speed, 4 def
item: choice scarf
moveset: entrainment, giga impact, x-scissor, iron head (attacking moves are back up in case things go sour, but I've so far yet to have to use them)

blaziken
ability: speed boost
evs: 252 hp, 252 speed
item: leftovers
moveset: hone claws, baton pass, protect, substitute

kangaskhan
ability: scrappy
evs: 252 atk, 252 speed, 4 hp
item: kangaskhanite
moveset: fire punch, earthquake, crunch, double-edge

idea is to entrainment the first mon and then switch to blaziken on a loafing turn (either manually or through durant being taken out). set up a sub and +6 hone claws during loafing turns, while protecting during attacking turns. baton pass to khan during the next loafing turn after you've reached +6 for all boosts. mega evolve to m-khan and then just sweep, using fire punch/earthquake/crunch on whatever is weak to it, and double edge stab for anything else that doesn't also resist/null it it. then just go with the best neutral option otherwise if they resist or null normal moves and otherwise have no other weakness I can exploit.

Last edited:
I've just been cheesing it myself on the side with traunt durant shenanigans (currently at 77 wins)

team though is

durant
ability: traunt (obv)
evs: 252 hp, 252 speed, 4 def
item: choice scarf
moveset: entrainment, giga impact, x-scissor, iron head (attacking moves are back up in case things go sour, but I've so far yet to have to use them)

blaziken
ability: speed boost
evs: 252 hp, 252 speed
item: leftovers
moveset: hone claws, baton pass, protect, substitute

kangaskhan
ability: scrappy
evs: 252 atk, 252 speed, 4 hp
item: kangaskhanite
moveset: fire punch, earthquake, crunch, double-edge

idea is to entrainment the first mon and then switch to blaziken on a loafing turn (either manually or through durant being taken out). set up a sub and +6 hone claws during loafing turns, while protecting during attacking turns. baton pass to khan during the next loafing turn after you've reached +6 for all boosts. mega evolve to m-khan and then just sweep, using fire punch/earthquake/crunch on whatever is weak to it, and double edge stab for anything else that doesn't also resist/null it it. then just go with the best neutral option otherwise if they resist or null normal moves and otherwise have no other weakness I can exploit.

have you beaten it using this ?

+ i know this is taking advantage of the AI's unwillingness to switch out, but doesn't this make them switch to another mon ?

define "beating", given it goes on forever

and not so far, no. volt-turners may be an issue, but so far I've yet to encounter those (also, opening aegislash, since it can't be entrained+no good moves on the ant to counter it. would just have to hope m-khan can deal with it first on switching)

also, swords dance is an option over hone claws to get the setup done faster (only need to use it 3 times vs 6), but I've opted for hone claws to counteract any potential lax incense/bright powder holders

Last edited:
GOD F****** D*** IT
why can't i beat the battle maison ?

i'm literally using my strongest triple threat against it and they still manage to take me out.
at least i got a new record... ( 74 straight wins )
but still...

if only if i used shadow sneak instead of iron head, i ( maybe ) could have won...

does anybody have any tips ?
i'm already using mega kangeskhan, choice scarf togekiss, and sp. defensive aegislash with leftovers.

I have a streak of over 800 at the Battle Tree, the only issue is my team is Gen 7 only, not Gen 6. :/

define "beating", given it goes on forever

and not so far, no. volt-turners may be an issue, but so far I've yet to encounter those (also, opening aegislash, since it can't be entrained+no good moves on the ant to counter it. would just have to hope m-khan can deal with it first on switching)

also, swords dance is an option over hone claws to get the setup done faster (only need to use it 3 times vs 6), but I've opted for hone claws to counteract any potential lax incense/bright powder holders

getting to a 100 win streak ( or even 200 ) to get the lansat and starf berry respectively

I mean not yet (the 77 is my ongoing current highest streak)

it's my second run with this team, but the first time I ****ed up in like the second battle via earthquaking a heracross (it made sense in my head)

Wasn't too sure where to put this question:

But, in Gen 7, I was wondering since we have the Isle Evelup would it be better to put the pokemon in there first before levelling up or vice versa?
Also I do not understand Isle Evelup's play sessions, as in how many mins it is for each session so that confuses me a little there.

Wasn't too sure where to put this question:

But, in Gen 7, I was wondering since we have the Isle Evelup would it be better to put the pokemon in there first before levelling up or vice versa?
Also I do not understand Isle Evelup's play sessions, as in how many mins it is for each session so that confuses me a little there.

For EVs? It doesn't really serve much purpose, but it is useful for specific EV spreads or if you're using un-evolved Pokemon for Little Cup.

For EVs, one session (30 minutes) is 4 EVs in the chosen stat. You need 63 sessions (31 and a half hours) to get 252 EVs in a chosen stat.

For EVs? It doesn't really serve much purpose, but it is useful for specific EV spreads or if you're using un-evolved Pokemon for Little Cup.

For EVs, one session (30 minutes) is 4 EVs in the chosen stat. You need 63 sessions (31 and a half hours) to get 252 EVs in a chosen stat.

holy hell, did gen7 gut ev training options or something? because unless I'm missing something, this seems absolutely abysmal

Thank you for responding.
It doesn't help? And I think I understand~ thank you. I've been more focused breeding the right IV's so this stuff is still new to me.
So I'm guessing levelling up is something I should do first.

Thank you for responding.
It doesn't help? And I think I understand~ thank you. I've been more focused breeding the right IV's so this stuff is still new to me.
So I'm guessing levelling up is something I should do first.

If you want to do competitive, you'll need to do EVs first. Isle Evelup should never be used to level up the experience/levels of Pokemon. At Max Lv/Rank (3), one session is 300 EXP... which is absolutely nothing.

But as I stated above, it's pretty great for EVs. If you're in no rush, just breed your Pokemon and pop your Pokemon in Isle Evelup for the stat you want and just put them in for the desired amount of sessions. It is super slow, but it works.

Just level up the normal way of destroying dozens of wild pokemon, lol.

Last edited:
If you want to do competitive, you'll need to do EVs first. Isle Evelup should never be used to level up the experience/levels of Pokemon. At Max Lv/Rank (3), one session is 300 EXP... which is absolutely nothing.

But as I stated above, it's pretty great for EVs. If you're in no rush, just breed your Pokemon and pop your Pokemon in Isle Evelup for the stat you want and just put them in for the desired amount of sessions. It is super slow, but it works.

Just level up the normal way of destroying dozens of wild pokemon, lol.

Ah no I was never gonna level them up in Isle Evelup, i was just gonna battle pokemon and let them hold lucky eggs or other items I hear help.
I'm in no rush so I'll definitely do EV's first~Thank you XD

Ah no I was never gonna level them up in Isle Evelup, i was just gonna battle pokemon and let them hold lucky eggs or other items I hear help.
I'm in no rush so I'll definitely do EV's first~Thank you XD

No problem, just remember to handle EVs first and you'll be fine, cause they're a pain in the butt to fix. You need to grow a ton of those EV reducing berries and they're painfully slow to gather in large amounts, and a mess up can really drain those quick. e-e

No problem, just remember to handle EVs first and you'll be fine, cause they're a pain in the butt to fix. You need to grow a ton of those EV reducing berries and they're painfully slow to gather in large amounts, and a mess up can really drain those quick. e-e

I shall~I still find the amount of time for each session a bit confusion, but I will look at what you'd said before and work with it.
I've tried my best growing berries, got them all about 100+ for all berries but some are hard to grow.
Is there a limit to how many berries we can have? My leppa berries at about 900 XD

I shall~I still find the amount of time for each session a bit confusion, but I will look at what you'd said before and work with it.
I've tried my best growing berries, got them all about 100+ for all berries but some are hard to grow.
Is there a limit to how many berries we can have? My leppa berries at about 900 XD

999 of an item. :)

ok this is getting ridiculous...
so i'm fighting this trainer in the battle maison, and they have an arcanine out.
i still had my hawlucha out, now my hawlucha at lv.50 has a speed of 187, got out sped by arcanine and k.o.'d.
i send in my mega-kanggaskhan who at lv.50 has a speed of 167 is able to outspeed arcanine and k.o. it with earthquake.

like... what ?

how is that possible ?
what made is faster than hawlucha but slower than kangaskhan ?
how is that fair ?
how are you supposed to win with bull like this happening ?

i also see stuff like this happening with attacks, they do an attack on my pokemon that takes them down to half health one turn ( a neutral hit ) bit take my pokemon fully down while resisting that same hit... (without a crit)

why is the AI so unfair ?

did you use a lower priority, or them a higher priority move? or otherwise did they have a quick claw or something?

though regardless, the battle facilities have always been very lucksack favorable to the ai since as far back as their debut with crystal's battle tower (which also had flat out illegal mons as well, so bonus points for that)

did you use a lower priority, or them a higher priority move? or otherwise did they have a quick claw or something?

though regardless, the battle facilities have always been very lucksack favorable to the ai since as far back as their debut with crystal's battle tower (which also had flat out illegal mons as well, so bonus points for that)

i tried to use high jump kick ( regular priority ) they used flamethrower.
i then used earthquake, and they ( presumably did flamethrower again )
no quick claw was activated.
no trick room was in effect.
no min priority or plus priority was used.

there was absolutely no play of priority involved whatsoever.
i should have killed the arcanine with hawlucha.
i've indeed seen these illegal mons in all of the battle facilities...

i also knew the AI has higher luck than me.
i tried with a king's rock, serene grace, togekiss using airslash. ( which has a chance of about 66% up to 70% of flinching )
and almost never flinches, they use heat wave one, boom burned...

don't they know that there's a difference in making something hard, and making something unfair ?

Back