Pokémon Pokemon Brilliant Diamond/Shining Pearl. Which starter are you going to pick?

Which Sinnoh starter will you pick?

• Turtwig

Votes: 16 29.1%
  • Chimchar

Votes: 13 23.6%
  • Piplup

Votes: 20 36.4%
  • I’m going to throw away my starter like the useless trash it is. My name is Paul, and I WILL win.

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • I’m going to be that one guy who uses two legendary Pokemon in the Sinnoh League. : P

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Undecided

Votes: 3 5.5%

• Total voters

Midoriya

Go beyond! Plus ultra!
Bells
Switch
1119-7626-0996
Island
Sumeru
Purple Hybrid Rose
Purple Hybrid Rose
Purple Hybrid Rose
Purple Hybrid Rose
Purple Hybrid Rose
White Rose
White Rose
White Rose
White Rose
White Rose
Technically there is a thread already like this, but it’s old and it also doesn’t have a poll, so I want to know. If you plan on playing one of these games which starter will you pick first? I’m personally going with Chimchar as I feel it’s underrated, and it’s also the very first Pokemon I obtained back in Pokemon Diamond. What about you?

I love Turtwig, but gotta give it to the penguin buddy. (Plus, I used Torterra last time I played through Pearl a while back - still some time ago, but still more recently than my Platinum playthrough when that game first came out, so Piplup’s due.)

Chimchar because 1. Lack of Fire types. 2. It's effectively the best fire type in the region. 3. I wanna try it out as I never actually picked it as my starter.

I can't decide between Turtwig and Piplup. I want to use a Shellos later as I've never really played through a game with Shellos, but I always chose Turtwig in in all my previous playthroughs... Guess I'll finally decide when I start up the game.

I picked Chimchar to prevent my rivals from having a Fire-type starter. Since I am doing a Bug-only run, I boxed him immediately after I caught my first Bug Type, a Kricketot (now a Kricketune) that I named Amadeus.

I usually pick the Water starter, but since we can have access to all starters post-gane I decided to get Chimchar. So far my Jolly-natured Chimchar (now Infernape) has blazed through every NPC trainer.

Chimchar just like I did in the original. Piplup seems to be way too popular and overrated (though it's fine if he's your fave). I also like Turtwig but fire types are pretty darn sparse in Sinnoh so you don't have a ton of choice if you want to use one and don't pick Chimchar.

Maybe one day I'll try out a run with Turtwig for a change. Chimchar is my go to though.

I chose Chimchar. I picked Turtwig on my very first playthrough of Diamond and wanted to try a different starter for the remake! I never really liked any of the starters (mainly their mid and final evolutions) for this gen, but Chimchar is really growing on me with this playthrough. Chimchar has the best looking evo line for the starters in this gen IMO!

Still not sure if I will pick up BD or SP but if I end up playing one of the versions, then I'm gonna choose Piplup. Was my starter back in the days when I played Diamond and also one of my all-time favorite Pokemon in general.

I'm gonna get a Turtwig, I've in fact gotten 639 Turtwigs but have been resetting for the shiny.
I want to name them Melon.

I’ll pick Chimchar since it’s effective against the most gyms. During a nuzlocke that type of advantage is very helpful.

Piplup. One of my least fave (water) starter generation but at least it learns flying moves, lol!

My partner and I started playing today. I picked Piplup and she chose Chimchar. I had a good laugh watching her struggle through the Oreburgh mine and gym while I 1-hit KO'd most 'mons. 😂

I picked Chimchar in Diamond and then set things up so that I could go through Platinum with all three from the start.

Back