• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Pokémon Brilliant diamond and Shining pearl: Anyone going to play?

Therhodian

Unicorn Avant-garde
Bells
Switch
7385-6233-4518
User Title Color Change
Silver Mailbox
I will pick up Brilliant diamond, and will start playing a bit.

Was wondering if anyone else will go play, if so what version will you pick?
I will pick diamond, because thats what I played as a kid.

I’m going to play it too.~ I’m getting Brilliant Diamond; while I got both as a child, I became far more attached to Dialga than Palkia since I completed Diamond first.

Got the pre-order of my fav Shining Pearl as an early bday gift<3 I loved Palkia haha and my favorite part of this gen was always the contest LOL so excited to get into that again. Definitely looking forward to reliving my childhood, hopefully my BF actually plays his Diamond so we can trade lol.

I've got Brilliant Diamond preordered. I had Diamond as a kid (and still have it actually) I also recently bought and played through Platinum.

If I get my copy at launch I'll definitely be playing it that weekend. :)

i think ill pick pearl! dialga used to be my favorite as a kid but tbhhhh lately ive been liking palkia. i probably wont play right away bc im so sucked into animal crossing right now, but i do plan to play the remakes eventually, maybe around christmas. i just love the art style they went for i think the game looks really cute.

I’ll be playing Brilliant Diamond and doing a Nuzlocke challenge in my very first playthrough because I started the series with Diamond. It’s going to be epic for sure. If I end up losing the challenge, I’ll just restart and do a normal playthrough.

I chose Pearl because I played Diamond back in the day. I'm not a huge stickler for EV/IVs so I think I'll approach it casually and try to pick Pokemon I don't usually go for (I had a Staraptor, Luxray, and Empoleon for sure, and I'm blanking on the rest of my team... but I'm definitely going to try for new kinds of Pokemon!)

I'm really happy that this remake isn't a hugely 3D game! I get motion sick really easily and the 3D perspective-shifting games (like Sw/Sh) have really put my nausea to the test.

Yeah, planning on getting Diamond, if not on release then definitely soon enough. :)

i was planning on it but after more consideration I think I'll wait at least a few months out before I get it, if at all. still p disappointed that they're skimping out on the national dex, that was one of my favorite things in the older games. but if the game has all my favorite Pokemon and the shiny hunting method is the same as DPPt (hopefully somewhat improved) then maybe I'll get it next year

I thought I'd have to wait until next year for this one due to lack of funds, but my girlfriend's kindly buying it for me because she wants us to be able to play together. Left it to her to decide who gets which version. I think she's leaning more towards Shining Pearl, so I'll probably be getting Brilliant Diamond.

I’m going with Brilliant Diamond since I prefer Dialga. Unfortunately money is tight this month, so I don’t know if I’ll buy it day one. I do have a lot of emotional attachment to the originals though. Hearing the updated music will be an absolute treat.

I preordered it but I canceled it due to cold feet. I’ll have to wait for the reviews, and I’ll maybe pick it up if it goes on sale. The inability to turn off EXP share kinda staled it for me, but sinnoh is a good region so I’m sure people will like BDSP.

I've been thinking of getting it when I have the money but I'm not sure if I'm rly that excited for it? I'm more excited for Arceus so I've been waiting for that instead. Maybe if I have the extra money at some point!

I was planning on grabbing both versions since I have 2 systems, but I've decided against getting either of them for now due to some of the more recent developments regarding the games, especially the inability to disable exp share. There is literally nothing at all to be lost by having a toggle, which apparently actually exists in the game's code but is specifically disabled. There are other issues as well, but that one sticks out the most to me. It's still possible that I'll end up getting the game eventually, but if I do it will be a used copy unless by some miracle they end up releasing a patch that enables the exp share toggle. Until then, I'll stick to Platinum.

I do plan on playing but I haven't decided yet whether or not to get pearl or diamond. I don't want to get both of them since the only differences are the Pokemon.

Unlike Legends, I've been on the fence with these remasters. I played Diamond and Platinum when I was younger but these games just don't sit with me for some reason. A few days ago I was about to preorder B. Diamond but decided not to do it. My hesitancy stems from the lack of anything new.

I'm getting Shining Pearl, I played Pearl and also Platinum as a kid (I still have my copy of platinum)

I won't be getting either game. I'm sure the remakes will be fine and people will enjoy them, but I just haven't been interested in remakes of the DPPt games even before they announced them.

Back