• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Pokémon Pokémon Anime Discussion

She will probably drive you nuts. I was not a fan of her character until the final season really because I think they caught on to what made her so goddamned irritating.
Still better than freaking Serena.

Goodra returns in the next episode!

Let's hope Ash invites Goodra to come join him in the Kalos League. If that happens, man oh man. Ash will have a SQUAD.
t4aQQGA.gif

0IjqbRt.jpg

Last edited:
I really liked pokemon as a kid, but I stopped watching it before black and white started.

I just grew too bored of the same boring Ash - Pikachu combo and how literally every episode follows the same plot line as every other episode...

"Crew meet some new guys, new pokemon and they befriend them. Then Team rocket appears out of nowhere and captures said pokemon, then ash and the gang defeat team rocket (and the blast off again) and then it's happy ever after until team rocket attacks next episode and so on."

boring.

Yes I agree plot wise the series is very dry rinse and repeat. Wish they'd change it up a bit more. Pokemon just being Pokemon though always seems to keep me coming back eventually...

Last edited:
So I just started the Black and White series after finishing Diamond and Pearl. I gotta say Ash's battle vs Paul in the league is my most favourite battle so far. So intense! I also can't believe it spanned 3 different episodes. It will be a battle to remember for sure.

As for the beginning of Black and White boy it's a change. The animation style has changed just a bit and I really notice it. Like Nurse Joy is still the same old Nurse Joy with the cap and pink hair but with the slight animation style change she looks so different. Also just met Iris and from first impressions she doesn't seem too bad her "you're just a kid" talk towards Ash is already getting annoying though. Like yeah he's 10 of course he's a kid and she's such a hypocrite considering she's around the same age. Mind you Dawn's "no need to worry" was just as annoying.

Still better than freaking Serena.
Outside of her crushing on Ash, what makes Serena annoying?

So I just started the Black and White series after finishing Diamond and Pearl. I gotta say Ash's battle vs Paul in the league is my most favourite battle so far. So intense! I also can't believe it spanned 3 different episodes. It will be a battle to remember for sure.

As for the beginning of Black and White boy it's a change. The animation style has changed just a bit and I really notice it. Like Nurse Joy is still the same old Nurse Joy with the cap and pink hair but with the slight animation style change she looks so different. Also just met Iris and from first impressions she doesn't seem too bad her "you're just a kid" talk towards Ash is already getting annoying though. Like yeah he's 10 of course he's a kid and she's such a hypocrite considering she's around the same age. Mind you Dawn's "no need to worry" was just as annoying.
If you can suffer through that line for seasons, more power to you.

Let's hope Ash invites Goodra to come join him in the Kalos League. If that happens, man oh man. Ash will have a SQUAD.
t4aQQGA.gif

0IjqbRt.jpg

The weak to Ice/Rock squad?

- - - Post Merge - - -

t4aQQGA.gif

0IjqbRt.jpg

The weak to Ice/Rock squad?

Outside of her crushing on Ash, what makes Serena annoying?
She's not really annoying, just not an interesting character imo

- - - Post Merge - - -

Then again I lmao when she chucked snowballs at ash lol

i actually wanted jessie to win the pokemon performance but my hopes got crushed </3 #JessieForKalosQueen

When Ash's Totodile beats a Kingdra. Still watching Johto and finished the world cup episodes. I don't know if I should watch Advanced Generation or X & Y after I finish this.

When Ash's Totodile beats a Kingdra. Still watching Johto and finished the world cup episodes. I don't know if I should watch Advanced Generation or X & Y after I finish this.
Advanced Generation was probably the worst imo

Just a heads up, I merged the Pokemon XY&Z Official Anime Discussion thread with this one, as it was a little redundant having two threads.

As for the anime, I was never really a fan of Ash getting Goodra, but I am disappointed it didn't rejoin his team in the latest episode :/

As for the anime, I was never really a fan of Ash getting Goodra, but I am disappointed it didn't rejoin his team in the latest episode :/

It was kind of a tease, that's for sure. Here Ash is, winning his 8th gym badge and heading back to Lumiose City for the Kalos League. He decides to just stroll on by the Wetlands of all places and visit Goodra but not pick it up! I was actually looking forward to Goodra rejoining the team all last week but sadly I was pretty disappointed. I do think that Goodra will be his 6th Pokemon though and that the rejoining will be off-screen(as dumb as that sounds).

Advanced Generation was probably the worst imo

Ah, that's too bad. I might give it a go anyways just because it's the final episodes with the old voice actors. Are you guys watching the English dub or sub for the X&Y anime?

I used to watch the anime. I couldn't really get past the awful voices and its constant repetition didn't help. I watched until the end of Battle Frontier. I still have fond memories watching old episodes so I'll rewatch my favorites every so often. :)

I watched up to the end of the Diamond & Pearl era religiously. The episodes with May were my absolute favorite, and when Dawn came around I wasn't too fond of her but she grew on me. I hated Iris with such a passion, found her so annoying and she ruined the show for me. The newer episodes seem too predictable and repetitive to me TBH

It was kind of a tease, that's for sure. Here Ash is, winning his 8th gym badge and heading back to Lumiose City for the Kalos League. He decides to just stroll on by the Wetlands of all places and visit Goodra but not pick it up! I was actually looking forward to Goodra rejoining the team all last week but sadly I was pretty disappointed. I do think that Goodra will be his 6th Pokemon though and that the rejoining will be off-screen(as dumb as that sounds).

At least he saw them again compared to most of the other Pokemon. RIP Pidgeot

I loved the final of the Grand Festivsl with Dawn vs Zoey and I cant stand showcases. I hope they bring contests back in Alola or atleast mske showcases more interedting.

At least he saw them again compared to most of the other Pokemon. RIP Pidgeot

yeah i also miss lapras :(
and his primape i wonder how it is
but they wont never show him again

Back