• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

People that don't plot reset?

Lilac-Town

Bells
Is there anyone here that's like me that doesn't bother plot resetting? If so, what are your reasons for not plot resetting?

I mainly don't plot reset because I'm lazy and I like just going with the flow of the game. It's more fun that way for me. I do completely understand the benefits of plot resetting though.

I don't plot reset (at least not yet). I've been lucky with villager placements though. Most of them like to live near the cliff :)

I don't, because I worry I may somehow mess it up and I rather like the excitement of wondering where someone will place their house.

I don't like to mess with plot resetting, though the convenience would be nice to fix placement issues, I just don't do it.

I don't plot reset either, I just change up my paths to fit wherever they choose to land! It's too much effort to have to go through that whole move in business.

I don't plot reset because...actually, I'm not too sure about my reason. If you place a tent and later remove said character is there a dirt patch leftover from where you put it? I know grass regrows, but I don't really want to look at that in the meantime. If there isn't any residue leftover from where the tent was I might give plot resetting a go.

Last edited:
I didn't for the longest time. It was only once I found this site recently that I heard about plot resetting and gave it a go once some new villagers moved in. Otherwise, most of my villager's houses are just plotted where they decide to plot and I tend to leave it at that. I never really had any serious problems with the places they chose.

I don't plot reset because...actually, I'm not too sure about my reason. If you place a tent and later remove said character is there a dirt patch leftover from where you put it? I know grass regrows, but I don't really want to look at that in the meantime. If there isn't any residue leftover from where the tent was I might give plot resetting a go.

You leave the tent until you need to plot reset again.

So you guys don't care that the villagers could potentially move in on hybrid flowers or in front of buildings and bridges?

i used to not. then i found out about it and it's just easier to plot reset even though it takes time. if i don't, they end up plotting down right in front of town hall.

I didn't at first, but after trying to make my own hybrids I started plot resetting to make sure they don't end up on top of my hybrids. ><

You leave the tent until you need to plot reset again.

So you guys don't care that the villagers could potentially move in on hybrid flowers or in front of buildings and bridges?

Ah. I see the perks, but I don't want a random tent in my town either. XD Thank you for the answer though!

Edit: I have come to a compromise! I'll put a nice pattern down on top of the place I stick my tent. Probably something flowery.

Last edited:
I get discouraged for maybe five minutes and then I'm over it when I see how cute they are.
+ I'm lazy.

I just work around wherever they decide to place their house. My town is very free, I guess?
Aside from refusing to let my favorite villagers move most of the time, I kind of just let them do what they want.

But anyways, I don't deny that I think towns where the homes have been carefully plotted can turn out gorgeous. I just don't have the patience for it, and it's a nice surprise for me to run around and find the plot. I admire the people who do, though!

I don't do it... never have (I didn't know how to, idk if I would have or not, if I did) and I can't now even if I wanted to because I use all four save files for houses.

Last edited:
Depends on the town, but 95% of the time I just go with the flow

I didn't know about plot resetting before, so that made Francine, Octavian, Genji and Marshal move into uncomfortable places for me...but I can't be bothered to do the 16 villager cycle for them at all >_<
I also kinda screwed up plot resetting for Octavian and Marshal by not setting the date one day ahead. I only changed the clock to 5:59AM and waited for a few minutes. When I loaded up, their houses were already placed down...

But plot resetting does take a lot of dedication. I don't have a lot of patience to plot reset as well, but luckily in my second town, I got Marshal as a random move in, who was in a good spot! (Near my house uhuehue...)

I didn't do it for a looongg time mostly because I didn't even know it could be done lmao For awhile there I probably wouldn't have bothered anyway, until I started building my town more and villager's squashing everything with their houses began to be inconvenient. :p

Laziness mainly. But i dont have paths so there isnt too much to mess up. I like to see where they land.

Back