• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

🍐 Pears irl

Do you like pears? 🍐

• I despise them

Votes: 3 6.4%
  • I just dislike them

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • Meh..

Votes: 6 12.8%
  • They are good.

Votes: 21 44.7%
  • I love them.

Votes: 12 25.5%
  • Never had one.

Votes: 3 6.4%

• Total voters
oooh i love a good pear! for me they're best when they're soft (not mushy though!) and juicy. i don't like it when pears are crunchy? depending on the kind and if they're ripe enough i guess. but a crunchy pear is enough to get a deep sad sigh out of me. i also don't like the "pears" that come in the little mixed fruit cups. i used to always have to eat those as a kid and hate how all the fruit in those taste and feel texture-wise 😥

Pears are all right. They're not terribly different from apples.

I think I prefer them as an ingredient than as its own food, however.

I laughed at the poll options I chose I despise pears cause its true I have never like them and the taste would make me feel sick for as long as I can remember trying them as a child.

I like pears more than apples when eaten raw. Apples are too sour for me to eat raw, whereas pears are sweet and tasty enough for me to not stop eating. Canned pears are different, but I don't like most canned fruits anyway.

not me thinking the thread was ‘pearls irl’ and wondering what kinda pearl that emoji was 😭

i like pears but am fussy with them so hardly ever have them, they need to have softened enough but not be mushy and must be full of flavour. honestly they could probably give my battles with bananas a run for their money.

I love pears, I like all varieties I tried, I also ove them with blue cheese, chocolate , cake, liquor . I can't understand why someone would hate them

I like green pears the best! Even better when they're fresh and tart. I'll still eat it if it's a bit mushy though. I hate the brown looking ones though. The texture of the skin is too leathery. I've never eaten a red pear. I'll be on the lookout the next time that I go to the market.

They are bottom tier fruit for sure. I’ll eat it if it’s there and if it’s properly ripe (not super hard, not mush-soft) but I won’t enjoy it that much. >:T

not a fan of eating them on their own (would rather have a banana or some strawberries than eat pear on its own). but in a salad with some other stuff rocket (smol leaves), cucumber and cheese (eg feta/blue cheese) massive poggers. or just with cheese. also massive poggers

I like pears, and definitely enjoy eating them when I get the chance to do so. While they're not the best fruit out there, they're still pretty solid imo.

here's my question: why is the flavor of a pear so good, so bright, so unique and delicious expecially when mixed with spices like anise and five-spice and ginger.....but the texture of a pear is wet sand 😭
i want to be able to crunch into them so bad but they just don't want me to. at least in AC i can pretend they are crunchy and not out to be a horrible textural experience.

Pears are good! Not my favourite fruit, but still delicious. All pears are good, but I do like the ones that have a pink blush like corella pears, and nashi pears are also really good. 😊🍐

Back