• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

🍐 Pears irl

Do you like pears? 🍐

• I despise them

Votes: 3 6.4%
  • I just dislike them

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • Meh..

Votes: 6 12.8%
  • They are good.

Votes: 21 44.7%
  • I love them.

Votes: 12 25.5%
  • Never had one.

Votes: 3 6.4%

• Total voters

MiniPocketWorld

🌺💦🏄💦🌺
Bells
Red Hyacinth
Yellow Hyacinth
Red Hyacinth
Yellow Hyacinth
Flimsy Watering Can
White Hyacinth
Red Hyacinth
Yellow Hyacinth
White Violet
Purple Violet
I have found it so interesting that I met quite a few people throughout my life who didn't like or even hated pears. I like pears. I mean they are a softer fruit but I think they taste good. I prefer green ones.

I just find it odd pears are so hated.
(Or maybe it is just where I live)

If you despite them or hate them, what about them do you not like?

I've only ever tried one pear, years ago, and thought it was pretty gross. In fairness, it could've just been a bad pear, as that's just a thing with fruit sometimes. I'd need to try it again maybe a few times to know for sure and to be able to provide a description as to why I might dislike them or if I even truly do.

I really like pears if they're crisp, not so much if they're soft and squishy.

Last edited:
Pears were handed to us by the big man upstairs so we can get to know raw joy and happiness. They are the fruit of my heart - they're juicy, tasty and nutritious ! I would give my whole life to eat a juicy as hell pear right now... so yeah I think they're kind of ok.

I like pears, but only when they meet certain conditions. They can’t be hard and crunchy or they’ll simply taste of soap. Some pears are grainy and gritty. I only like them when they are juicy and soft, but not mushy. They behave a lot like avocados now that I think about it - it’s hard to come by exactly right pears.

To me, they aren't the best, but they aren't the worst, either. I'm the type of person to dislike a food because of its texture (like okra 🤢), and pears fall into the gross texture category for me. They taste good, but the texture always makes me ill.

IDK why people don't like pears, it's like a funky shaped apple to me. I stayed away from them as a kid because I just assumed they were gross, maybe the shape + color is off-putting? either way when I finally tried one, I felt really stupid for refusing earlier lol. I wouldn't say they're top 5, but they do taste good.

i haven’t had a pear in eons, and i’ve only ever had williams/bartlett pears, but pears are one of my favourite fruits! i think they’re super tasty, and personally i love softer fruits like pears. 10/10 fruit imo, i’d love to try more varieties of them one day! 🍐

Ummmmmm, what's a pear???

Lol, just kidding. I know what it is, just never had one. I'm not really inclined to anyway.

Good pears are lovely, but I rarely have them since it's kinda hard to get ahold of good ones around here for some reason. I'd love to have some again sometime though.

i like them but they’re not my favorite, at least they’re not the worst. the worst fruit in my opinion is cantaloupe or honeydew.

I do like them. I don't remember the last time I had one, but they tasted just fine as I recall. I find pears underrated. My favorite fruit are oranges or bananas.

I LOVE them! As a type one diabetic though I have be careful how much of certain fruit like that I eat. But I love them. Its hard find fresh good produce here though :(

I haven't had them raw but I did have them seared in a pan with brown sugar and cinnamon years ago. Overall not a bad fruit.

Pears are good, even amazing if they’re nice and juicy. Have you ever had a Harry & David Pear? They’re top tier!

It's a texture thing for me... standard pears have this slightly mushy but grainy texture and a slightly thick skin. Asian pears have a better, crunchier snap but the same grainy "meat." I'm not a huge fan of the flavor, which seems to be fragrant with a subtle sweetness (I prefer a more distinct "sweet!!" with a good amount of tartness like in Honeycrisp apples).

Pears are pretty okay for me. They're not terrible, but not great either. Most pears I had were too mushy, which put me off for a while. I had one that was actually decent (not mushy, but juicy) so I like them now.

Back