• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

pc specs

Garrett x50 cal

Veteran AC Player
Bells
Bell Bag Badge
Yellow Candy
Small Mailbox
Hey just curious as to what you PC gamers specs are.

As for me I just have a basic vista computer and window 7 laptop

Intel Core i5 Processor
Nvidia Geforce GTX 550 Ti
16GB RAM

Umm, I think that's pretty much all that matters... I'm kind of starting to regret not saving up for an i7 processor though. >.<

AMD A4-3300M APM Processor (1.9 GHz)
4 GBs of RAM.
AMD Radeon HD 6480G Graphics Card

Intel Core i3
4GBs RAM
64 Bit
ATI Radeon HD 5730

Considering saving up for a desktop, I got a laptop so I could take it with me places. Ended up never going anywhere. >.>

Intel Core i7 Quad 3.8 GHZ (Overclocked to 4.2)
Windows 7 x64 professional
Nvidia 580 GTX
8 GB DDR3 6-7-6
HP ZR24W Monitor
Cintiq 21UX Monitor

Laptop:
Macbook Pro
Intel Core i7 Quad 2.6
Nvidia 380M (x2 SLI)
4GB DDR3

AMD Phenom x4 640 (3.0 GHz)
Windows 7 x64
4GB DDR3 RAM (Getting more whenever I'm done being too lazy)
GeForce GTX 560 Titanium (2GB DDR5)
Thermaltake TR2 600W PSU

I have a question, what part of the PC controls making frames not slow and chuggish? Is it the RAM?

Well, RAM helps things control smoother because of its space. So if you have 1GB, your laptop is perfect for running very slow. If you have more than 3GB, prepare to have awesome smooth stuff.

I got
10GB SDRAM
HP Pavilion
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
1 terabyte hard drive
3.4 GHz A-Series Quad-Core A10-4600M
Nvidia GeForce GTX 57
its an ok computer

Well, RAM helps things control smoother because of its space. So if you have 1GB, your laptop is perfect for running very slow. If you have more than 3GB, prepare to have awesome smooth stuff.

okay thanks. For answering since you answered the last I'll ask this one, what would be better for gaming a basic vista computer or a windows 7 laptop also basic

okay thanks. For answering since you answered the last I'll ask this one, what would be better for gaming a basic vista computer or a windows 7 laptop also basic

Laptops are usually not the better choice for gaming because of venting. Airflow needs to be available through the system. Also when it comes to your framerates being slow, your problem is most likely CPU or GPU depending on the application and what it needs. For instance, if you're playing a game on steam it most likely can be attuned to GPU, while using a program like photoshop it will be mostly CPU and RAM. Ram can speed things up but it's not a magical end all problems way to go about things.

As far as a computer, go with the desktop for gaming. You can always upgrade it at a later time. Laptops don't have that option. Try and get windows 7 on a desktop instead of vista.

Laptops are usually not the better choice for gaming because of venting. Airflow needs to be available through the system. Also when it comes to your framerates being slow, your problem is most likely CPU or GPU depending on the application and what it needs. For instance, if you're playing a game on steam it most likely can be attuned to GPU, while using a program like photoshop it will be mostly CPU and RAM. Ram can speed things up but it's not a magical end all problems way to go about things.

As far as a computer, go with the desktop for gaming. You can always upgrade it at a later time. Laptops don't have that option. Try and get windows 7 on a desktop instead of vista.

I have a good cooling mat for my laptop would that make a difference? Also is vista all that much better for gaming compared to 7?

I have a good cooling mat for my laptop would that make a difference? Also is vista all that much better for gaming compared to 7?

It's not really about cooling, it's about vents. The parts for laptops just aren't up to par with the desktop specs. Also Vista is terrible. It natively uses too much CPU to be any good for gaming.

Intel core i7 3770 3.4Ghz (turbo boost to 3.8, but I don't know how)
8gb RAM
Nvidia geforce gt630 (I think)
Mini desktop

Got it a few weeks ago and it runs like a charm

100_1535.jpg

100_1532.jpg

100_1528.jpg

Old pics, same rig.

Back