On Christmas...

Sonicdude41

Bells
For those of you who don't know already, I use Windows 95, and uhhh, it still works after 11 years (you heard me right!), despite all of the crashing it had done! The Windows 95 PC I use has an Intel Processor, and I can tell that it's a pretty good processor, despite it's old age! On Christmas, it will be very different! Because I'm going to be getting a new computer, which will finally run what I dreamed I would use all to myself: Windows XP! If you look in my sig, you will see how many days until complete obliteration of Windows 95! So on Christmas, I will be up-to-date on computer technology (it's about time, wouldn't you say so?)! I had some great times with this comp, but, it is something I must do for the best!

[quote="Shadow_] Go Windows XP! My mom used to have 95, it wasn't terrible. [/quote]
95 isn't bad, but I feel it's time to get up-to-date in Windows technology!

Actually you won't be up to date.

Windows Vista comes out in January.

:D

Well if you are getting a brand new computer you may be able to upgrade to Vista for free once it comes out! Your computer needs to say something about Vista ready or a something that tells you it can run Vista then find out if you can get it for free when its out!

Hi guys!!! I'm finally on my NEW computer!! It's soo cool!!! It's has an Intel Pentium 4 Processor!!!! To me, that's a powerful processor!!! Oh, and I'm looking for a version of Windows Live Messenger that does not take 5 hours to download!!! :angry: But oh well! I still like Windows XP either way!!

if it takes that download do what i did when i had my older dell.... go to your room get out a good game if you have one and play and check back every thrity minutes that or watch dvds...

and do you have dial up if you do then thats probebly the problem with it ... It took me 10 minutes to swnload a 200MB computer game just now so if you have a good computer and broadband it doesnt take long.

JJRamone2 said:
RJWii2 said:

windows vista doesn't coutn anyways, it sucks out loud.
Kinda agree with JJ there, I wouldn't get Windows Vista right off the bat. More than likely, there's going to be a lot of security holes (common with a lot of Microsoft first releases), and it could end up being another ME. (Something I'd rather not experience again.) I'd wait for a while, maybe until they release Service Pack 2 for Vista. Plus, XP still has a good amount of life in it. :yes:

Smart_Tech_Dragon_15 said:
JJRamone2 said:
RJWii2 said:

Kinda agree with JJ there, I wouldn't get Windows Vista right off the bat. More than likely, there's going to be a lot of security holes (common with a lot of Microsoft first releases), and it could end up being another ME. (Something I'd rather not experience again.) I'd wait for a while, maybe until they release Service Pack 2 for Vista. Plus, XP still has a good amount of life in it. :yes:
my big problem with vista is how much ram and space it takes up, its disgusting.

JJRamone2 said:
Smart_Tech_Dragon_15 said:
JJRamone2 said:
RJWii2 said:

my big problem with vista is how much ram and space it takes up, its disgusting.
I actually have to upgrade my RAM to use Windows Vista Premium :| (I have 512MB RAM).

Heh, if Vista's going to be as big a resource hog as what seems to be more and more evident, then what sort of system you're going to be needing to get reasonable performance out of the next generation of PC games doesn't bear thinking about.

And then, as you said, there's the security holes, plain bad programming, the fact it'll be swamped with malware within three nanoseconds of going live, etc etc.

Well the next time I need a computer I am going linux... or mac possibly. I think I would prefer linux though and a lot of the comp sci labs on campus use linux, or mac, and I will find a way to survive. I just can't get used to the single click thing! I try to right click and then realize that there isn't one!!!!

oh well, I'll just use XP for now...

"Web Pages load before your Cocoa is done!?"

"I don't have to use a phoneline for the INTERNET!?"

"No floppy drive!?"

Welcome to the 21st century, glad you could finally make it.

@sporge - newer mac mouses have a right click option, it's still a one button mouse, but it can sense which half you're clicking, it's got a scrollwheel aswell.

http://www.apple.com/mightymouse/

Back