• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

OCs and the creation of them.

My sister and I write stories for fun and we've created about 11 OCs so far. We haven't gone too deep into it but they're fun to write for. She even drew some of them which made them come to life!
I really like to hear stories about this being made by multiple people as a fun activity.

I really like to hear stories about this being made by multiple people as a fun activity.
We created this sort of mafia-ish type gang. The leader is named Victor and he has a daughter named Naomi whom he spoils constantly. His other members work for him and have to do whatever he wants which includes making Naomi happy. Kyle and Jessie are a couple, Big Ben is this fat guy who refers to himself by name. He also is used as a bodyguard since he's huge and strong. Merlin is a self proclaimed scientist who has a special collection of medical tools he uses mainly for torture. And Roberto is a butt monkey but pretends he's super tough which usually allows him to get beat up by the other members of the gang. He also has quite the attitude and potty mouth.

Victor orders Roberto, Jessie and Kyle to kidnap this celebrity boy Naomi has a crush on. He's held captive there, getting picked on by Roberto since he's the only one not tough enough to fight back. He gets a shock collar put on so he can't escape. Naomi says they're gonna get married and touches him all the time, treating him like a dog. So basically the story is having the boy try to escape but dealing with each of the team members. Roberto tries to kill him because he has this hatred for rich people and Merlin keeps trying to steal him to experiment on him with his tools. Yeah... we're twisted lololol. But it's fun to write.

The other story we have going right now is more new but we created another mob boss type thing with the head honcho named Franco. In our heads we imagine him sounding like Robert De Niro haha. His minions are named Violet and Evelyn. Violet is a bad ass fighter who will kill any enemies with her power and Evelyn is a little girl who's creepy and is a medium, using the ghosts to help her find victims to keep in their hideout to become slaves to Franco.

The good guys are named Grey, Scarlett and Coal. Grey is the leader of the group and is trying to attend this race and win lots of money. He's heavily OCD and clean. Scarlett has the "i don't give a ****" attitude and always rolls her eyes at Coal and Grey. Coal is kinda emo like and always uses self depricating humour. The group takes part in this yearly races to win lots of money so they camp out. Grey goes to bed early but the other two stay up late and go wandering. They end up on Franco's property in this forest and see human heads on sticks. Scared, they try to find their way back to the campsite but get kidnapped. So it's about Grey finding them and the other two trying to escape.

Hmmm.... it seems there is a common theme bahahahahaha. That's just summaries. Both are WIPs!

We created this sort of mafia-ish type gang. The leader is named Victor and he has a daughter named Naomi whom he spoils constantly. His other members work for him and have to do whatever he wants which includes making Naomi happy. Kyle and Jessie are a couple, Big Ben is this fat guy who refers to himself by name. He also is used as a bodyguard since he's huge and strong. Merlin is a self proclaimed scientist who has a special collection of medical tools he uses mainly for torture. And Roberto is a butt monkey but pretends he's super tough which usually allows him to get beat up by the other members of the gang. He also has quite the attitude and potty mouth.

Victor orders Roberto, Jessie and Kyle to kidnap this celebrity boy Naomi has a crush on. He's held captive there, getting picked on by Roberto since he's the only one not tough enough to fight back. He gets a shock collar put on so he can't escape. Naomi says they're gonna get married and touches him all the time, treating him like a dog. So basically the story is having the boy try to escape but dealing with each of the team members. Roberto tries to kill him because he has this hatred for rich people and Merlin keeps trying to steal him to experiment on him with his tools. Yeah... we're twisted lololol. But it's fun to write.

The other story we have going right now is more new but we created another mob boss type thing with the head honcho named Franco. In our heads we imagine him sounding like Robert De Niro haha. His minions are named Violet and Evelyn. Violet is a bad ass fighter who will kill any enemies with her power and Evelyn is a little girl who's creepy and is a medium, using the ghosts to help her find victims to keep in their hideout to become slaves to Franco.

The good guys are named Grey, Scarlett and Coal. Grey is the leader of the group and is trying to attend this race and win lots of money. He's heavily OCD and clean. Scarlett has the "i don't give a ****" attitude and always rolls her eyes at Coal and Grey. Coal is kinda emo like and always uses self depricating humour. The group takes part in this yearly races to win lots of money so they camp out. Grey goes to bed early but the other two stay up late and go wandering. They end up on Franco's property in this forest and see human heads on sticks. Scared, they try to find their way back to the campsite but get kidnapped. So it's about Grey finding them and the other two trying to escape.

Hmmm.... it seems there is a common theme bahahahahaha. That's just summaries. Both are WIPs!
Thanks for sharing! A lot is going on, soon you will have a whole universe!

Thanks for sharing! A lot is going on, soon you will have a whole universe!
Thanks!! It's still missing a lot of details and people's backstories but we're working on it! It led to some great laughs when we were choosing names!

Er, thinking back to even my elementary school days, I made way too many OCs. It started out as my own fake version of Pokemon, even...
Some of them weren't even based on anything as far as I know, but the fact they had moves and typings still made them "fake Pokemon".
Later on, I made more of these things but no longer thought through about attacks and typings, so I'm not sure if those are still fake Pokemon. And yes, they all had artwork. All of them. I used to love drawing.
At some point, I started making Kirby OCs. This was a pretty embarrassing time I will not talk much about.
And now, to this day, I... You see my Inkling avatar? Well... It all started with creating a New Leaf character named after Ribbon from Kirby 64. The whole intention was that I would dress this player like the Kirby character. However, I grew a bit too attached to the Studio Headphones item and in the end I decided I would have an orange Inkling OC named Ribbon. Since I can't draw people, there is no artwork of her. I'm just using official artwork, which isn't exactly her at all. Also somewhat unrelated but I made her best friend be a Pokemon OC.

Edit: Oh, you know what? I forgot the part where I made fake Tamagotchis lol. I think that goes somewhere in the middle of all the fake Pokemon.

Last edited:
I don't really have many OCs, but the ones that I do have are usually my in game characters I play as. I already have the design of them from making them, and the more I play the more attached I get to that particular character. So I end up wanting to commission art of them, and give them character traits. My first one is from Runescape, and my second one is my Gaiaonline character.

I have been writing fiction for twenty years, and strictly original work for fourteen years of that, so I've created hundreds of characters over the years. I don't sit down and try to create someone though. They appear fully formed and it's a case of mentally sitting down and getting to know them.

I don't tend to make a ton of OCs for the IPs I like- I never really did that, even as a kid. But I am an OC fiend- I just write my own stories. I think the biggest problem is that I get way too carried away developing my OCs into real people and I ignore the stories that they're a part of 😅. Then I think "this story isn't good enough for these characters!" And then I do nothing with the characters I create 😂. Thus the cycle continues...
In terms of raw numbers, I have about ~15 OCs, ten of them in one story & the other five in another.

I've been super busy lately, I will try to respond to all, thank you for your comments. :)

OCs are kind of a funny thing to me because I feel like I always only create characters that cannot exist outside of their context or else they are kind of... boring? It's like idk saying a character from The Office is your OC, idk how to explain. I feel like people create mascosts even so they are part of an universe. I don't say this in a bad way at all, I actually think it's fun but... for some reason I never had one like this.
My first "mascot"-like character was called Ana Clara and she's a girl with fire powers. She's pretty edgy. I made her when I was 10 or smth. She had an outfit that ressembles red riding hood. When I started drawing, I wanted to write the comic that had her, but overall I realized the she wasn't that much of a mascot and got to the "just a character" category. Too much of her charm is on her lore and the connections she has with the world and her companions. I need to finish that comic one day, I still like the story lol I feel like I always prefer writing the setting and the mood and characters are just chess pieces, idk.
I actually made my first OC a few days ago. It's Yasuo, he's on my icon. He's edgy, have heterochromia, horns and no lore. lol. I came up with him playing with picrew hah. Drawing him feels fun, fresh and there is no pressure on trying to make him an actual character lmao

My friends and all used to be avid roleplayers on the Moon Guard server of World of Warcraft, so it was a slow process of developing characters, fleshing out their stories, and pushing them in uncomfortable ways to make them grow and change in interesting ways. It was fantastic fun, but something I could never revisit. It just simply wouldn't be the same, but I look back on it so fondly.
Regardless, most of us played villains/antagonists, so it was a lot of them being up to no-good or being the counter to someone else's hero tale. I'm under the impression that a handful of the plot points would be a tad tasteless for a forum like this, so I won't elaborate on the details, but goodness, if you want to make some truly impressive characters, do it with company. It's those back and forth interactions that really make it something special, and flesh out your oc's in ways you hadn't first anticipated!

Back