• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Obnoxious sports fans

maple22

a huh huh huh
Bells
How many of you live in an area with incredibly annoying sports fans?
A bit of a rant:
Where I live, there's a team with the most insufferable fans imaginable. They're completely unavoidable in nearly every aspect of life. Go to the store (or really any business), especially on game day, and 95% of the employees will be wearing gear of some sort. The worst offender is a nearby grocery store that will play the team's games over AM radio when they're on.
When they win?no, scratch that?every single time they merely score?fireworks go off in my neighborhood. They'll go off whether it's 10 AM or 10 PM.
Many of the fans I've overheard don't even seem to understand the rules of the game. I feel that it's considered essential around here to show your fandom in some way, whether or not you actually "like" this team. A lot of them can be hostile to anyone who dares to?*gasp*?like a different team, or just not care about the sport at all.
I don't care about this sport in general, but I always root for this team to lose just because their fanbase is so horrible. I would never waste my time watching one of their games, though.
God, I can't wait to leave this place.

How many of you live in an area with incredibly annoying sports fans?
A bit of a rant:
Where I live, there's a team with the most insufferable fans imaginable. They're completely unavoidable in nearly every aspect of life. Go to the store (or really any business), especially on game day, and 95% of the employees will be wearing gear of some sort. The worst offender is a nearby grocery store that will play the team's games over AM radio when they're on.
When they win—no, scratch that—every single time they merely score—fireworks go off in my neighborhood. They'll go off whether it's 10 AM or 10 PM.
Many of the fans I've overheard don't even seem to understand the rules of the game. I feel that it's considered essential around here to show your fandom in some way, whether or not you actually "like" this team. A lot of them can be hostile to anyone who dares to—*gasp*—like a different team, or just not care about the sport at all.
I don't care about this sport in general, but I always root for this team to lose just because their fanbase is so horrible. I would never waste my time watching one of their games, though.
God, I can't wait to leave this place.

No offense, but which sports team are you talking about? I can understand this pretty well, but it also sounds really vague to be honest. Yes some sports fans are like this, but not all of them. A good amount of sports fans actually follow the game and its statistics and care about knowing how the game is played, all the rules, and everything (like myself).

Depending on which fans of a sports team you’re talking about though I would probably agree with you.

No offense, but which sports team are you talking about? I can understand this pretty well, but it also sounds really vague to be honest. Yes some sports fans are like this, but not all of them. A good amount of sports fans actually follow the game and its statistics and care about knowing how the game is played, all the rules, and everything (like myself).

Depending on which fans of a sports team you?re talking about though I would probably agree with you.

I actually have a mild interest in some sports myself, and I completely understand liking them from a statistical perspective. I hope it didn't seem like I was framing all sports fans the same way.
I don't want to get too specific, but it's an NFL team.

I actually have a mild interest in some sports myself, and I completely understand liking them from a statistical perspective. I hope it didn't seem like I was framing all sports fans the same way.

No, it’s fine. I understand. It didn’t seem that way to me, I was just pointing that out to be honest. And yeah, some NFL teams fan bases can get pretty... annoying, so I definitely agree with you.

I don’t think I live in an area with a lot of obnoxious sports fans, though I know in the surrounding areas and places from us there are some, and I’ve definitely encountered fans from a rival team that have been annoying towards us.

Anyway, I hope that you won’t have to deal with it for too much longer and that wherever you move to won’t have people like that. c:

i bet its packer fans, those guys are the worst

I understand this very well. There a lot of horrible sports fans up where I'm from and I'm not a fan of sports at all and they're always putting down creative things like cosplaying and conventions and crying over your favorite TV show when they dress up for sports games and have a fit when their team loses or something. I'm not against sports, just not a fan, and I'm not a fan of sports fans acting like they're better than me because they like sports and aren't "nerds".

I could tell you stories of the infamous fans in my area, but I'm fairly sure the news has already covered most of them. Thankfully, the worst I've had to deal with from them personally is how they clog up all traffic in the county like a blood clot. Rush hour can"t even compare. If you have plans when game day arrives, you're better off cancelling or rescheduling. And if your business is in the city? Fuggedaboudit, bub.

At the very least, the father away you are from downtown, the friendlier the fans are...

I thought you were talking about fans when it comes to fifa world cup (I could care less about soccer really). Anyways, when it does come a time when their favourite team wins, people would go on the streets with their cars and start honking everywhere, no matter what time it is. Okay we get it, your team won.

Now for those saying that I'm against people celebrating, I'm not. The point I'm trying to get across is the frequency of their celebrations. Would you get annoyed if you kept hearing honks day after day, especially if you're prone to road rage?

Imma take a guess here...

Philidelphia Eagles?

- - - Post Merge - - -

i bet its packer fans, those guys are the worst
A Chicago Bears fan? Or do you just not like GB? (Not putting you on the spot, jw)

Back