• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Numenera Based RPG - Signup

Caius

De Profundis
Retired Staff
Bells
Yellow Tulip
White Tulip
Red Tulip
Winter Mittens
Orange Mote of Flame
July Birthstone (Ruby)
Waluigi Easter Egg
Green Fair Pinwheel
Rainbow Feather
Green Feather
Welcome to the wonderful world of Numenera!

In all seriousness though, I'm heading this thread with the rules for the game before explaining anything, because this is not a game everyone will be able to play.

1. You must own the Players Guide (No it's not available for free.)
  2. You must make a character sheet with decent backstory and traits based on the guide, which must be approved by the GM (myself)
  3. We will run DOWNTIME missions daily, anytime. Plot will likely happen at specialized times.
  4. Numenera may have content that is not appropreate for everyone. This must be approached from a rational, realistic standpoint by your CHARACTER not YOU. If you do not make a good character with solid history, you have no idea how they'll react to things. In Character (IC) dialogue and actions are to be taken IN CHARACTER ONLY.
  5. There will be no Out of Character (OOC) discussion in the RPG room.
  6. There may be content in Numenera that can be a TRIGGER for some people. It will be labeled, and your character can skip the mission if you're uncomfortable. You will not recieve EXP for the mission, but Numenera gives the player plenty of ways to make EXP.
  7. You will have to host your sheet (From the back of the players guide) on Dropbox, or Google Docs. I can see about making an editable online version, but it will be very important that it's in a public folder where I can access it at ALL TIMES.
  8. Because of the content of this particular game it will NOT BE HOSTED ON THE FORUMS. It will be played through an IRC channel. No, It hasn't been made yet.
  9. This will take effort. This is probably not the game for you if most of what you've played stems from tiny forum games.
  10. Because of content, I will require players to be over the age of 16.
  11. Anyone is welcome to watch, but only registered players will be able to speak in the IRC channel. It will be muted constantly, and players will always be auto-voiced.
  12. As a last thing, Numenera has a serious side and a lighthearted side. Any characters acting idiotic can, and will be killed, and removed fully from the RPG. The GM holds the ability to remove people from the game.

Moving on, again, welcome to Numenera. To quote the website:

"Numenera is a science fantasy roleplaying game set in the far distant future. Humanity lives amid the remnants of eight great civilizations that have risen and fallen on Earth. These are the people of the Ninth World. This new world is filled with remnants of all the former worlds: bits of nanotechnology, the dataweb threaded among still-orbiting satellites, bio-engineered creatures, and myriad strange and wondrous devices. These remnants have become known as the Numenera."

You will have many options, all found in your character handbooks for character creation. I would not be opposed to going outside the norm on character species and welcome your creativity if it's within reason. Remember, your character may have a prejudice against them, speak strangely, or wear clothes that makes them a target. It's all part of the atmosphere. How will you combat it? How will you react? This is your chance to become a hero.

Do you have what it takes?

If you have the character handbook, and can create a sheet, I'd like you to post below with your Numenera sheet on a public shared site, ready to go for me to look over. We can start once we have two approved players. Even though I know the plot of the game, I will be going off the rails. Things will change, and the story will become even more strange than it already was.

Therefore, I will be playing my own PC in the game as well. If you have the GM handbook, you're more than welcome to stretch your skills and flex your writing muscles. My plot is your plot, and my world is yours. I think it's big enough to share.

Last edited:
Heheh. Knowing you, you'll find something. Between you and gallows I'm sure I'll have my hands full.

qxWG5Hp.jpg

Thoros of Ledon

[size=-3]From the merchant city of Ledon in The Sea Kingdom of Ghan. As a young man he was taken by an ultra-terrestrial entity and was mysteriously changed. Ever since he has had a connection to fire and has treated fire and the use of almost to a religious standpoint. He views the numenera as a magical force instead of a mechanical one and the devices found in the world are of the arcane variety over the technological, in his eyes. He is 30, has dark brown hair and skin, orange eyes, and is tall and normally built.
His father was a sailor in his younger days and his mother is a merchant. They own a shop in Ledon that sells colorful silks.[/size]

8CajKct.jpg

nF7XjME.jpg

Last edited:
Back