• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Ruin a Song!

TN4U

Lone Wolf of the Starfields
Bells
Island
Wahu
Yellow Star Fragment
Green Crescent Moon
Space Whale Plush
Green Crescent Moon
Galaxolotl Star Fragment
Inspired by Captain Jigglypuff's thread.

I thought it would be a cool idea to make a song version of the movie thread. Here's whatchu gotta do:
  • Read the song title that is above you, and post a reply ruining it. Complete at least one of these tasks:
    • Take part of the song's existing lyrics and completely change them into something funnier - à la "Weird Al" Yankovic - while maintaining the rhythm (as in, don't add verses or lines that wouldn't fit if you were to sing it).
    • Switch a word or line to something that sounds eerily similar but has a completely different meaning (a mondegreen). If posting a complete verse, make sure to bold the part(s) you changed.
    • Describe the song's meaning in an incorrect way, or a wrong answer of why the artist made it in the first place.
    • Post a parody cover found on YouTube. Please be careful if you decide to do this, and make sure there are no swears in the lyrics or content that would break forum rules.
  • You are not required to do every task listed above. You're only required to post at least one, but you're allowed to do more than one for the same song if you want.
  • If existing lyrics you post contain swears or inappropriate words, censor them with asterisks (****). Make sure you're following forum rules in general.
  • After ruining the song above you, post the title of a different song. You only have to mention the title and artist who made/recorded it, and it has to be somewhat known by the average person. Posting a link to said song via Spotify, Apple Music, YouTube, etc. is recommended, but not required.
I'll start it off:

"We Will Rock You" by Queen

Last edited:
Ah yes, "We Will Sock You" by the world's biggest rock band... I'm pretty sure this song is about violence in the media. My favorite line has always been "Bleedin' with your eyes, gonna make you some beef someday" (mondegreen)

"Chop Suey!" by System Of A Down

The song’s meaning: “Chop Suey!”depicts a mental breakdown caused by a wrong order at a Chinese restaurant.

“We Belong” by Pat Benatar

We belong to the plight, we belong to the funder
(sorry if that sounded unoriginal)

Up next, "Sidewalk Talk" by JellyBean

(parody lyrics) “Watch where you walk, kids got sidewalk chalk/ And their big dog’s gotta poo, gotta poo.”

“Bad Romance” by Lady Gaga

Back