• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

AMA I want to know EVERYTHING about Animal Crossing. Put me to the test.

boring

pink is the warmest colour
Bells
Switch
0391-6643-8131
Yellow Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
Red Rose
Red Rose
Golden Watering Can
Red Hyacinth
White Lily
Red Lily
White Tulip
Red Tulip
Hi there my dear friends,

I have played around 13,000-14,000 hours of Animal Crossing*. That's an entire year. I can answer most questions about the series within moments and the stuff I dont know I want to identify and learn. So yeah, ask me anything about Animal Crossing (or about me if you want, but that's not really my goal)! It can be objective or opinion-based.
If I dont know the answer I will say that and then find the correct answer c:

* Rough numbers are 2,500 for NH, 3000 on NL, 100-200 on PC, 200~ on CF, 500~ on the original AC, and the vast majority of my playtime, at least 7000-8000 hours, has been on Wild World.

(edited because i massively underestimated my hours!!!)

Last edited:
You have not yet reached true Animal Crossing enlightenment until you've logged a total of 1,000 hrs. on Dòngwù Sēnlín on the ique player. JK. 😛

You have not yet reached true Animal Crossing enlightenment until you've logged a total of 1,000 hrs. on Dòngwù Sēnlín on the ique player. JK. 😛
Oh how I would LOVE to get my hands on IQue AC... such an elusive game </3

Oh how I would LOVE to get my hands on IQue AC... such an elusive game </3
You would be granted glorious Social Credits if you do. 🙌📈

But back to the topic: what are your thoughts on localisation differences between the games? 🤔 Sure, cultural items outside of your own have become a lot more common in the newer games, but certain holidays and features remain locked to certain regions. 🎎

My thoughts are that yeah, I guess it makes sense, but being adamant of Japanese culture, it sucks missing out on certain things. 🎑 That's why I like Doubutsu no Mori + and the N64 versions. They're primitive, but have a lot of focus on traditional Japanese content. 🎌

You would be granted glorious Social Credits if you do. 🙌📈

But back to the topic: what are your thoughts on localisation differences between the games? 🤔 Sure, cultural items outside of your own have become a lot more common in the newer games, but certain holidays and features remain locked to certain regions. 🎎

My thoughts are that yeah, I guess it makes sense, but being adamant of Japanese culture, it sucks missing out on certain things. 🎑 That's why I like Doubutsu no Mori + and the N64 versions. They're primitive, but have a lot of focus on traditional Japanese content. 🎌
I would never call myself a fan of region-locked content. One of my biggest frustrations about New Leaf was that I didn't have easy access to items that Japanese players did and I was always a victim of the ACNL black market. I shelled out many well-earned bells/silver axes for a good newsprint helmet... of five. If you know you know.

1705432703200.png

Honestly, I dont see any reason to not have reigonal content be accessibe to everyone. Afterall, even if you dont belong to that culture there is fortune in getting to experience the world around you! I think that extends to Animal Crossing. Its nice to find a new item and not be quite sure on what it is, then you do some research and get to learn something while having a good time!

I agree on the reason for liking the original game. I really like how they have a lot more Japan-centric furniture, I feel like my house in ACPG is always rich and interesting because its not all stuff that Im familiar with.

Ooh, I get to test someone’s knowledge. These are all NL & NH trivia questions, so try not to look these up…
  1. There existed a bug with the balloons in New Horizons when the game came out. What was required to duplicate the bug?
  2. How many times did you have to pass Gracie’s fashion checks to upgrade Timmy & Tommy’s shop for the final time in New Leaf?
  3. If a balloon falls on top of a custom design, what happens in New Leaf and New Horizons? (hint: both games don’t produce the same result)
  4. Capture quote for the Sea Bass past the first one in New Leaf?
  5. Can roaches talk to you in New Horizons?
  6. You can “scare” wisp in New Horizons by simply talking to him. There’s also another way; how else can you do it?
  7. Where can you get the wetsuit in New Leaf?
  8. Which father makes a cameo appearance in HHP: CJ’s or Flick’s?
  9. Daisy Mae is Joan’s _____?
  10. If you “show it off” in front of Blathers, how does he react to a bug?
  11. In New Horizons, what is Blathers’ exact sleep schedule? (Time he is seen awake to the time he is asleep)
  12. What are the two mainline games Pocket Camp borrows assets from?
  13. True or false: Lazy villagers are the only ones in New Horizons to normally go to bed before 11PM without Night Owl.
  14. True or false: It is impossible to identify fake paintings in New Leaf.
  15. True or false: In HHD, Rover says that he might have a crush on Katrina.
  16. True or false: Brewster won’t acknowledge Valentine’s Day in New Horizons.
Have fun, and try not to think too much about some of them.

I have a question! Which seasonal event across all the games takes the longest to "complete"?

Ooh, I get to test someone’s knowledge. These are all NL & NH trivia questions, so try not to look these up…
  1. There existed a bug with the balloons in New Horizons when the game came out. What was required to duplicate the bug?
  2. How many times did you have to pass Gracie’s fashion checks to upgrade Timmy & Tommy’s shop for the final time in New Leaf?
  3. If a balloon falls on top of a custom design, what happens in New Leaf and New Horizons? (hint: both games don’t produce the same result)
  4. Capture quote for the Sea Bass past the first one in New Leaf?
  5. Can roaches talk to you in New Horizons?
  6. You can “scare” wisp in New Horizons by simply talking to him. There’s also another way; how else can you do it?
  7. Where can you get the wetsuit in New Leaf?
  8. Which father makes a cameo appearance in HHP: CJ’s or Flick’s?
  9. Daisy Mae is Joan’s _____?
  10. If you “show it off” in front of Blathers, how does he react to a bug?
  11. In New Horizons, what is Blathers’ exact sleep schedule? (Time he is seen awake to the time he is asleep)
  12. What are the two mainline games Pocket Camp borrows assets from?
  13. True or false: Lazy villagers are the only ones in New Horizons to normally go to bed before 11PM without Night Owl.
  14. True or false: It is impossible to identify fake paintings in New Leaf.
  15. True or false: In HHD, Rover says that he might have a crush on Katrina.
  16. True or false: Brewster won’t acknowledge Valentine’s Day in New Horizons.
Have fun, and try not to think too much about some of them.
Hand on my heart this is my first read of these questions! Lets see if I can hack this list.
1. I have a feeling you're talking about the balloon apocalypse of Easter 2020. When Bunny Day began, balloon were just EVERYWHERE relentlessly. I regret not catching more of them now though, since I still dont have a gold slingshot.
2. 4 and as a side note I hated every single fashion check I did.
3. In New Leaf it yeets the gift into the next tile or just takes the present away but in NH it just stays where it lands, a change Im very much in favour of!
4. 'I got a seabass??? What? You again??!' Im unsure of the first part but the 'what you again' is very certain. I honestly liked how every game built upon the sea bass meme with a more and more exaggerated flavour text and was sad NH changed it to be 'c+', although I do appreciate the joke of that.
5. Not that Im aware of? That would be great if they did
6. Using the haunt reaction!! Which I think is fantastic because he thinks you're a ghost so of course 'haunting' Wisp would scare him! I loved the Halloween update.
7. Only on Tortimer Island if Im not mistaken. Bane of my existence because I specifically wanted the striped wetsuit and spent a couple days going to online islands looking for one.
8. Nat and his bug lesson! I fill most of my builds with butterflies these days.
9. granddaughter. too easy
10. He just flat out panics, its the sweating emoticon but Im not sure of the name, I saw a Tiktok about it
11. You got me: I dont know the answer to this one. Ill guess and say 6PM to 6 AM as I am a late night player and often see him awake. Ill have to google that one later and brush up.
12. Im 99% sure they used ACNL assets but for the life of me I cannot think of what the 2nd game would be. Damn. 2 in a row that I dont know
13. False, they actually sleep at 11PM normally. (Shout out to my #1 villager, Wwade, whose routine I have down)
14. False! You had to pull up a guide just like NH everytime you wanted to not take a risk and I hated it
15. True! But I embarrassingly only know that from Tumblr fan art.
16. False!! He serves you yummy hot chocolate !!

That was solid. I had to think hard to remember some of the answers from New Leaf but it would seem the hours I spend on Nookipedia is worth it. Thanks for that! I hope 13/15 is good for you!
I have a question! Which seasonal event across all the games takes the longest to "complete"?
I thnk many events take a while, but Halloween in New Leaf is probably my answer - you have to know specifically what your villager is scared of and dress up as that to scare them and take their candy. Then you had to use that candy to get the spooky furniture from Jack. Another contender is Toy day with its month of prep in New Leaf. You needed to note down what your villager wants for Toy Day when they started dropping hints and then on Toy Day you're essentially the assistant of Jingle.
favorite villager that hasn’t returned?
I would've formerly said Sprocket, but we got him back! My brother actually had him as a starter. So probably now Sunny. She was so sweet. I think I have her E-Reader card

Last edited:
Well, you indeed nearly got all of them right, good job! The ones you missed...
  1. Accepted - There was a feature-breaking bug after the game's release that prevented all further balloons from appearing if you hit the 300 mark for the Nook Miles goal, which could prevent you from earning the golden slingshot DIY if you miss it when it first flies by. It was later fixed in the 1.1.3 update. While there was indeed another "bug" involving the Bunny Day balloons appearing too often and the rate being toned down in a later patch, I'll accept your answer in this case.
  2. Correct - You need to pass Gracie's fashion check four times in order to unlock T&T Emporium.
  3. Correct - In New Leaf, the present will fall onto the tile immediately next to the custom design, and will disappear completely if there's no room. In New Horizons, any furniture item can be on top of a custom design; this includes balloon presents.
  4. Correct - I was only looking for "What? You again?!". If you remember, the quote was different for the first sea bass caught, which was "See? A bass!"
  5. Correct - Someone posted an image on Twitter one time of them allegedly talking to a roach in their house. This is fake because the font for the dialogue was not the same as the real one, and there's no real evidence of them talking in any of the games. All they do is run around crazily until you kill them.
  6. Correct - Not everyone knows that you can use the "Haunt" reaction on Wisp. It'll scare him the same way as if normally going up to talk to him. Make sure you're close enough when you do it.
  7. Correct - You had to spend 40 medals (not bells) on Tortimer Island to obtain a wetsuit in New Leaf.
  8. Correct - Nat, who is Flick's father, will appear to teach you a lesson on using bugs outside a vacation home later on into HHP.
  9. Correct - Daisy Mae is Joan's granddaughter. This was the easiest question IMO.
  10. Correct - Blathers is the only one in all the games where he reacts negatively (distress emotion) to bugs. Everyone else will clap at your hard work, even if it's just a wimpy cicada shell.
  11. Correct - You actually got this one right! He wakes up at 6PM and goes to sleep at 6AM. His schedule is similar in all the other games.
  12. Incorrect - While Pocket Camp does borrow a ton of assets from New Leaf and upscales them, several other assets are borrowed from City Folk; mostly the item drops.
  13. Correct - This was a trick question that you read correctly. Lazy villagers normally go to bed at 11PM, not before.
  14. Correct - While it is much easier to identify fakes in New Horizons due to HD graphics, the ability was first introduced in New Leaf. Before this, there was absolutely no way to tell. You just had to hope for the best when showing art to Blathers.
  15. Correct - If you make Rover a house in HHD and talk to him enough times, he'll mention Katrina and how he thinks she's mysterious, but also very pretty. They could make a good couple, honestly - if Katrina doesn't weird him out first.
  16. Correct - Brewster will wish you a happy Valentine's Day if you buy coffee from him on that day.
So, your score is 15/16. Very impressive. I'll have to come up with harder questions...

Well, you indeed nearly got all of them right, good job! The ones you missed...
  1. Accepted - There was a feature-breaking bug after the game's release that prevented all further balloons from appearing if you hit the 300 mark for the Nook Miles goal, which could prevent you from earning the golden slingshot DIY if you miss it when it first flies by. It was later fixed in the 1.1.3 update. While there was indeed another "bug" involving the Bunny Day balloons appearing too often and the rate being toned down in a later patch, I'll accept your answer in this case.
  2. Correct - You need to pass Gracie's fashion check four times in order to unlock T&T Emporium.
  3. Correct - In New Leaf, the present will fall onto the tile immediately next to the custom design, and will disappear completely if there's no room. In New Horizons, any furniture item can be on top of a custom design; this includes balloon presents.
  4. Correct - I was only looking for "What? You again?!". If you remember, the quote was different for the first sea bass caught, which was "See? A bass!"
  5. Correct - Someone posted an image on Twitter one time of them allegedly talking to a roach in their house. This is fake because the font for the dialogue was not the same as the real one, and there's no real evidence of them talking in any of the games. All they do is run around crazily until you kill them.
  6. Correct - Not everyone knows that you can use the "Haunt" reaction on Wisp. It'll scare him the same way as if normally going up to talk to him. Make sure you're close enough when you do it.
  7. Correct - You had to spend 40 medals (not bells) on Tortimer Island to obtain a wetsuit in New Leaf.
  8. Correct - Nat, who is Flick's father, will appear to teach you a lesson on using bugs outside a vacation home later on into HHP.
  9. Correct - Daisy Mae is Joan's granddaughter. This was the easiest question IMO.
  10. Correct - Blathers is the only one in all the games where this can be done to react negatively (distress emotion) to bugs. Everyone else will clap at your hard work, even if it's just a wimpy cicada shell.
  11. Correct - You actually got this one right! He wakes up at 6PM and goes to sleep at 6AM. His schedule is similar in all the other games.
  12. Incorrect - While Pocket Camp does borrow a ton of assets from New Leaf and upscales them, several other assets are borrowed from City Folk; mostly the item drops.
  13. Correct - This was a trick question that you read correctly. Lazy villagers normally go to bed at 11PM, not before.
  14. Correct - While it is much easier to identify fakes in New Horizons due to HD graphics, the ability was first introduced in New Leaf. Before this, there was absolutely no way to tell. You just had to hope for the best when showing art to Blathers.
  15. Correct - If you make Rover a house in HHD and talk to him enough times, he'll mention Katrina and how he thinks she's mysterious, but also very pretty. They could make a good couple, honestly - if Katrina doesn't weird him out first.
  16. Correct - Brewster will wish you a happy Valentine's Day if you buy coffee from him on that day.
So, your score is 15/16. Very impressive. I'll have to come up with harder questions...
I would absolutely love another challange! I did better than I thought too.. its so funny to me that I just guessed Blathers' awake hours, but it made sense for it to be 12 hours because he's a night owl. And the 300 balloon glitch is so obviously the answer now! All I could think of was the Bunny Day problems

If you gift a villager an umbrella, do they use it, display it in their house, or both?

How do you get the dress from Animal Crossing Puzzle League? What special NPC appears in AC Puzzle League that isn't in New Leaf?

Here are my questions:
  1. As of this post, has the villager Paula been added to Pocket Camp?
  2. About what time period is the rainy season?
  3. Name at least two ways you can get a 3DS in New Leaf
  4. How many villagers are in Wild World?
  5. What are the time frames for morning, afternoon, evening, and night in Pocket Camp? (List the hours each of them occur between)
  6. What time do lazy villagers go to sleep in City Folk?
  7. Name the steps to getting Shampoodle in Wild World
  8. What song is K.K. Island a remix of, and what is K.K. Song based on?
  9. What is K.K. Slider’s real name?
  10. How do you get a golden shovel in Wild World and City Folk?
  11. What games is Pete found flying in?
  12. Name 5 villager who haven’t been seen since the GameCube

A few catchphrase questions from me that might be easy, except the last one:
  • Name two villagers that share the same catchphrase, and what it is they share.
  • Name a villager whose catchphrase is the same as another villager’s name.
  • Name a villager whose catchphrase is the same as their own name.
  • Fuchsia’s PC & NH catchphrase, “precious”, was one that replaced which gender-specific phrase?
  • Likewise, Lopez’s PC & NH catchphrase, “badoom”, was one that replaced which deer-related phrase?
  • Who has the catchphrase, “check it”?
  • Spell Bob’s catchphrase correctly.
Good luck!

Time for some fun facts! ^^ I'm looking for some specifics here! You'll need too look up different
countries translations of names. I thought doing something different would be fun ^^

~♡~What's the spin off in Toby's favorite saying

~♡~The Matrix in Animal Crossing? Which Villager's name translates to a well known character in The Matrix. Tell me who and the character.

~♡~I doubt this villager could defeat 7 evil EXs.

~♡~Aside his bolt. Why are Static, and Pikachu so similar?

~♡~ Which one of MY villagers appears in the Japanese-only manga adaptation of Animal Crossing.

~♡~The Japanese version of this villager's name, really clicks with their species appearance. Who and what's the specific type. Im looking for a specific villager.
Hint: Africa

~♡~Ehem, mmmph, arrgh. Wowie, he really is the definition of his personality. Tell me who and why.

~♡~Whos named after a mermaid who lives under the sea?

~♡~Jack Frost? Jack Sparrow? Jack Skellington!? Which villager is this Jack movie star I speak of.

~♡~Go Ichi go! Quick! Who is this?

~♡~Wow she really likes Dairy products, doesn't she? Tell me who and why.

~♡~Kid Cat told me he's missing No.7 What's he trying to say?

Last edited:
If you gift a villager an umbrella, do they use it, display it in their house, or both?
They use the umbrellas you gift them but they can also pop up the villagers house c:
In the original Animal Crossing, what happens when you load the game after visiting another town and resetting the game?
This one is an absolute classic: it would spawn you in with a gyroid face! People found it creepy and used it for some horror content online but I think its a really fun feature and it makes me smile!
How do you get the dress from Animal Crossing Puzzle League? What special NPC appears in AC Puzzle League that isn't in New Leaf?
Like all prizes in Puzzle League its a result for eliminating one of your opponents. I know the dress requires 10,000 points but Im not sure of exactly what else so I guess I fail this question! But the NPC only included in Puzzle League is my beloved Cornimer!!!
Here are my questions:
  1. As of this post, has the villager Paula been added to Pocket Camp?
  2. About what time period is the rainy season?
  3. Name at least two ways you can get a 3DS in New Leaf
  4. How many villagers are in Wild World?
  5. What are the time frames for morning, afternoon, evening, and night in Pocket Camp? (List the hours each of them occur between)
  6. What time do lazy villagers go to sleep in City Folk?
  7. Name the steps to getting Shampoodle in Wild World
  8. What song is K.K. Island a remix of, and what is K.K. Song based on?
  9. What is K.K. Slider’s real name?
  10. How do you get a golden shovel in Wild World and City Folk?
  11. What games is Pete found flying in?
  12. Name 5 villager who haven’t been seen since the GameCube
1. This is an educated guess of yes because Im preeeetty sure I have seen her in my game.
2. Summer season, on the later side of the season. It's kinda muggy so there's a lot of thunder. (I am again guessing)
3. Amiibo Rv visits (like inviting Sable) or redeeming a fortune cookie for a regular 3DS. I dont know which number fortune though.
4. 150! and I loved every single one
5. Pocket Camp hours are super easy to memorise because they go in 3's. I don't know the exact time but having played a good deal of PC so I want to make the educated guesses of: Morning is 6am - 12pm, Afternoon is 12pm-6pm, Evening is just 6pm to 9pm and Night time is 9pm to 6am.
6. If Im not mistaken 1:30AM. Suuuper late sleepers.
7. Have a friend visit your town and buy something in your Nook's shop and a 250,000 bell spending requirement... I think? Another worthwhile detail is it's part of the final upgrade to Nooks.
8. KK Island is a remix of the original island music from the first Japanese language Animal Crossing game and KK song is Totaka's song of course Totaka is referencing Kazumi Totaka.
9. Im going to assume this is in reference to Kazumi Totaka composing all the KK music or that K.K. is also called Totakeke.
10. Visit the reset center a certain number of times but I actually dont remember the specific requirements. I need to brush up!
11. Wild World and you could shoot him down! He mentions it in future games too.. poor guy...
12. Sunny, Meow and Bao, Emerald and Cupcake!

I was making a lot more guesses this time round, this information was tougher to work out! I'm expecting a lower score and it'll 100% hurt my AC ego :')

The other questions I have left unanswered will be answered with time, but I have a huge assignment due in 2 days so Im too busy to answer those right now.

Back