• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Wy is whitney flirting with my son?

Lotusblossom

Prankster Crossing
Bells
February Birthstone (Amethyst)
November Birthstone (Topaz)
December Birthstone (Turquoise)
July Birthstone (Ruby)
Kaleidoclover
Famous Mushroom
April Birthstone (Diamond)
March Birthstone (Aquamarine)
Cake
Cake
I'm letting my 4 year old son play and he decided to go to Whitney's house where she proceeded to flirt with him!! Not only with her expressions looking like a furry or something. But I read what she was saying and that also seemed like she was laying down game on my son!

Every Animal Crossing villager flirts with the player, regardless of gender. Some of the personalities flirt more easily than others (smug villagers and snooty villagers, I’ve noticed), but I even got lazy Drago telling me I had a “big round adorable head” . Then cranky Hamphrey says “I have on my comedian’s outfit. I figured you wanted to see me in this number.” (while blushing!) It was weird and awkward, but I guess they were flirting?? Lol.

i might have forgotten some of the dialogue since it's been years but don't really read most of it as flirty tbh? i've always read it in a silly or friendly way, blushing can also just mean embarrassment/shyness.

idk i like to think the little cartoon animals aren't trying to flirt with me lol

I don’t know if it’s even supposed to come off as flirting, I think it’s just them trying to be friendly, although I’m not sure exactly what Whitney said. So I can’t really dictate what happened specifically with your son.

I do notice snooty villagers (which includes Whitney) use terms a lot like “my dear” and
“darling” but I think they are mostly just a platonic terms of endearment..

Edit: As for emotions/reactions like blushing, like someone else said, that could just mean shyness. It doesn’t have to mean a romantic thing.

Animal Crossing doesn't let you specify age so Whitney doesn't know your son is four. It's not like anything is going to happen from it since Whitney is fictional wolf. Also, four years old or twenty-four years old, I don't think humans and animals should have romantic feelings for one another. That's not appropriate at all, no matter what age we are talking.

I don't think Whitney is flirting with your son, even if the game doesn't know your son is 4, most expressions and dialogue by any villager of any personality type are usually made to be platonic terms of endearment, which the player may take as romantic.

Animal Crossing doesn't let you specify age so Whitney doesn't know your son is four. It's not like anything is going to happen from it since Whitney is fictional wolf. Also, four years old or twenty-four years old, I don't think humans and animals should have romantic feelings for one another. That's not appropriate at all, no matter what age we are talking.
I don’t think it’s considered zoophilia since they are anthropomorphic, but I do agree with the rest.

Well that and the fact that this is just their interpretation of the lines as flirting.

lol are you for real? It's all in your head and you're making the stuff up. The villagers aren't trying to flirt or score with you, your son, or anyone.

You would also probably back up the internet crime task force.

It's all in your head and you're making the stuff up.
Don't hate the player, hate the game. 😎 I mean... I do have four pictures of Coco in my New Leaf file. 😏 What can I say? I like to believe we all have that special something about us. Just takes the right person to discover it, you know? 💖 Keep your chin up. It's a Wild World out there, but there's plenty of Animals to Cross over the New Horizons. 😁👍

Grizzly loves me. He keeps giving me pics of himself.
acnhgrizzlyphotos.jpg

I grew up having crushes 24h/7 for disney characters and many of them were humanized or anthropomorphic animals, and I started playing Animal Crossing Wild World when I was about 6 years old, and I was no exception there too HAHAH But simple and naive crush, I was too young to know what sexual attraction was.
Even though an Animal Crossing character can be more or less kind by making it seem like they are "flirting", it's impossible for your child to become a zoophile, it usually takes a trauma or genetic predispositions to lead to these diseases(like pedophilia).
Children are much more intelligent than they seem, the only thing I would be careful about is making them socialize as much as possible at that age because sometimes, even for the smallest negative thing, they tend to isolate themselves in their imaginary worlds, such as a video game or in general a comfort zone, I say this only from experience not because I pretend to be a parent. I just wanted to reassure you that you and your child can enjoy the game without any problems, but if you are still worried you can just play with him all the time he plays too, so you can check if he feels uncomfortable with the game sometimes💕

Siiigh. 4 pics of Grizzly. Meanwhile I had to force a single pic of Harry from his cold dead hooves. Life's unfair💔
A bit off topic, but I've had some success in getting photos when I give my villagers fossils on a day with high friendship luck. It generally works best when I already have high friendship with the villager in question, and the fossil has to be from a set of fossils (Example - Left Ptera Wing). Even if I don't get a photo, I often get an item or variant that was missing from my catalogue.

I think that items other than fossils will work too, but they have to be a high enough value. My guess is that the minimum is 3,000 bells because I've seen that number mentioned online in regards to what Whisp considers to be expensive.

Back