New Leaf Villager Desirability Polls - Rank the Villagers

Dembonez19

The Beaubysitter
Bells
The Bell Tree Fair 2013 Patch
Blue Feather
Cake
This is a cross-forum and social media poll to see which villagers are overall most/least popular. So far, some of the results have been obvious while others have been very surprising! The tier list that is circulating is more of a list of spoken opinions on various forums. That and the fact that it has Champ listed as popular (a villager that isn't even in New Leaf) caused me to make these polls just to see where everyone really does stand. This really isn't to "prove anyone wrong" but rather to refine. This way, opinions of individuals are represented. That, I think, is what's most important when trying to figure out what's popular and what isn't.

Remember, this is all about YOUR opinions, not the opinions of someone else!

I hope to at least have 100 votes, but I would REALLY like to go over that! So far, we're almost halfway to the goal. True fans of AC really ought to vote. I'll post the results everywhere I post the polls. :)

(Click these links for the polls)

Alligators to Cubs
Deer to Hippos
Horses to Pigs
Rabbits to Wolves

I look forward to seeing the results!

Last edited:
I thought it was already obvious though.

Most dream villagers are:
Julian
Hamsters
Marshal
Deer
Merengue
Octopi
Peanut
Maple
Chrissy
Francine
Stitches
Lucky
Wolves
Cats
Various oldies (ex: apollo)

I cannot even count how many times I have seen almost this exact list of dream villagers:
Marshal, Julian, [random deer], Flurry, Marina, Merengue, Rosie, Stitches, [random wolf] and Ankha.

Last edited:
Some results are obvious, others are not. The polls are in links by the way (the bold text in the original post). Using the polls will make it "official". I don't want a general overall opinion. The polls are designed for YOUR opinions of the villagers only! Basically whether you like them or not.

Last edited:
Please use the links in the original post. I can't count all of the individual posts myself. It'd take way too long. xD

It was fun answering this.. From this I'd say my favourite species are Koalas, Deer, Tigers and Squirrels.. And most hated are hamsters .. But I could've probably told you that, hehe.. I despise most of the popular villagers actually..

I can't stand Julian, Zucker, Lolly, Tangy, Colton and Bob.. I'm also not crazy about Marshal, Merengue, Shep, Stitches and Beau :p .. I guess everybody's different

Two great things about the poll is that:

1) You don't have to care what everyone else likes.
2) Almost every single villager has received a "Highly Desirable" rating which is what I like to see!

Glad you enjoyed voting! :D

I'm fairly biased (like most people). If it isn't a dream villager I tend to have no opinion on X villager, though some I greatly dislike. You should do a poll for the favourite villager (only have one option, and list all villager names).

Last edited:
I completed all for surveys. Where can we see the results ?

I'll post them when enough people vote! :)

Silversea, I think pretty similarly. I thought about having only three options since nearly everyone has someone they love, hate, and have no opinion of, but I figured the results would be more diverse with five choices. I totally understand your point of view though.

Two great things about the poll is that:

1) You don't have to care what everyone else likes.
2) Almost every single villager has received a "Highly Desirable" rating which is what I like to see!

Glad you enjoyed voting! :D

I'd say the bulk of mine have highly undesirable, haha

This survey was so much fun, it really allowed to see what I thought of each and every villager carefully.
There are plenty of villagers that I really want nowww. THANKS!

That was REALLY fun! I looked at all the villagers I didn't know on AC wiki and now there's more I realized I'd like to have at some point! I also discovered there's not a single Ostrich I dislike! I never realized that. That's probably my overall favorite species then I think, but I like a lot of Cubs, Cats, and Koalas too.

Also I don't hate anywhere NEAR as many pigs as I thought I did.

I give you the current results! Now that I've received a little over the target goal, I can post this:

Click here for the villager icons in "tier" format.
Click here for villager scores.

Dreamies are villagers that are the most widely desired.

Desirables are the villagers that were above average in desirability.

Fillers are the villagers that people equally love/hate or people had very little opinion of.

Benchwarmers are the villagers that have a few big fans but are generally left on the side.

Undesirables are the villagers that were the most hated among AC fans.

The majority of the villagers scored below average based on the polls: From Ken (2.99) to Harry (1.9).

Remember, this poll isn’t about who sells for the most bells/furniture. This is a poll about who individual people like in order to form an accurate consensus without any assumptions.

The polls have been left open for possible future updates. If you don’t like the results and haven’t voted, then do it now and try to change it for next time!

Last edited:
Back