New horizons vs pocket camp

Moritz

Bells
Tasty Cake
I've seen and keep seeing these comparisons being made and they annoy me to no end.

One is a one and done deal.
The other is free to play but sucks you dry over the years.

Of course pocket camp put out more stuff.
They take all your money month after month year after year.

The two can't even be compared.

I'm sure new horizons would give a lot more if we all gave money to them every month.

But that's not the model for this game.

Last edited:
These two can’t even be compared. They are not the same. It’s like comparing Mountain Dew to some chicken tenders. Pocket Camp is not a mainline game and was not meant to be one. It was meant as a fun game for your phone that is similar to a game like Animal Crossing, but isn’t meant to be Animal Crossing.

I agree that they are 100% different but I enjoyed Pocket Camp whenever I get to play it! Both are very very fun but they cannot be compared. I dont even like comparing past games to NH proceeds to post all the time about why New Leaf is better because they are all so different. one is a console game and one is a mobile game.... they have different priorities!

New Horizons was my first "real" game after playing Pocket Camp for so long. Their models are certainly different!

It's really nice that Pocket Camp can produce so many great items and have monthly events, but of course, it comes at a cost! You can definitely play without investing money, and there are great items that come free from events.

On the other hand, I was really happy when ACNH was released! There were fewer items, sure, but all of your options were there in one game! No additional costs, and no advertising. 😊 I did feel that just a few more furniture sets would round out the game, as it didn't feel like there were enough options to make unique spaces, so Happy Home Paradise actually brought everything I was looking for! I am completely satisfied with the game overall.

They don't use the same model, so it's not much of an argument against NH that PC has more furniture/unique items. They're both good games, but my preference, by a lot, is still NH! 😊

Last edited:
For me the best thing about Pocket Camp is the rotating events, which mean most days of the month I have something to work towards and rewards to receive (and even in the 3-4 days without an event, I’m working towards my level and so on). I love the laid back nature of ACNH, but I miss the goals you had to hit early in the game and I’ve competed nearly every stretch NM goal so there’s not much to work towards other than slowly completing my catalog. Still, I’d happily never pick up Pocket Camp again in my life once I feel like my goals are met, whereas I’ll always come back to ACNH

Pocket Camp was fun when it first came out. Then they got greedy, and it also became much too stressful with events.

I much prefer NH because there is no stress. There might be special items in PC that aren't in NH, but not having to worry about getting things done in a certain time is so much better. And with the last update, there are a lot of new items and creative ways to display things that make it much more enjoyable, for me.

I don’t really consider Pocket Camp a true animal crossing game. I see pocket camp sort of like I see Happy Home Designer and Happy Home Paradise. They are fun when you first start them, but they quickly lose their appeal. New Horizons has more lasting fun.

I enjoyed pocket camp while I was waiting for New Horizons to come out but out of the 2 I enjoy NH a lot more although I will give a massive point to Pocket Camp cause they are always bringing out new items and clothes that are so cute I need them in New Horizons.

Back