• Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

New Horizons F.A.Q. – Ask Questions Here!

Question about the 10th villager/plot:
Hi! So, with my 10th villager house under construction now, so I thought it’d be a good time to confirm something I read: is it true that if you have 10 villagers and one of them moves out, no one will move into the empty ploy unless you invite them from an island/campsite?

As I understand, the regular pattern is: someone tells you they’re moving out —> in boxes next day —> plot becomes available next day —> random moves in next day if you didn’t invite anyone. So step 4 would not happen again in my case.

Is the bow wig available in New Horizons? I’m really missing it from New Leaf
(。╯︵╰。)

Is there a limit to how many villagers you can get from other people per day (given that you have plots available)?

I keep trying to make money by fishing but I keep getting easter eggs instead. How long is this event gonna go on for?

biskit just moved in today (his house is in boxes), can i still put down a plot and go island hopping in the hopes of finding a new villager or should i wait until tomorrow?

Hi guys! I'm new to Animal Crossing - but I've searched a bit online and have found that in New Leaf there were a lot more shops! It seems a bit weird that a brand new game has less features than its predecessor - so do you think it'll be implemented in an update, perhaps? Anything said about this from the developers?

Is trading a Diana card for a kabuki card a good idea? 😂 I think she's worth more but I want kabuki in my village thx for the help in advance :)

I'm a little confused about the Bunny Day event. Do I need to find Zipper every day, or is he only on my island the first day and the last day?

Hi guys! I'm new to Animal Crossing - but I've searched a bit online and have found that in New Leaf there were a lot more shops! It seems a bit weird that a brand new game has less features than its predecessor - so do you think it'll be implemented in an update, perhaps? Anything said about this from the developers?

This has clearly been a pain point for a lot of my friends too. The game just feels a bit unfinished lol

IIRC, there has been nothing concrete said about what will be included in updates, whether that be bringing back characters or buildings. Like a lot of the world, however, Nintendo has stated the outbreak is throwing a wrench on how they operate which might mean delays in upcoming DLC.

I got Sterling as the first campsite visitor. What would happen if I just refuse to invite him to move in? I don't really like him and I wouldn't want him to move in if I'm being honest. Tom Nook seems adamant on having him as a resident.

I got Sterling as the first campsite visitor. What would happen if I just refuse to invite him to move in? I don't really like him and I wouldn't want him to move in if I'm being honest. Tom Nook seems adamant on having him as a resident.

You can't refuse to invite him, unfortunately

Regarding the previous question, if you wait a day after the first campsite visitor appears, will a different one show up or will it always be them? I know it's set to be a Smug villager but I'd like to know if waiting a day will change who appeared.

Regarding the previous question, if you wait a day after the first campsite visitor appears, will a different one show up or will it always be them? I know it's set to be a Smug villager but I'd like to know if waiting a day will change who appeared.

It'll always be them. Also, my first campsite visitor was Dom and he's a jock. (y)

i haven't gotten a single cherry blossom DIY at all while playing (despite TTing into april at least a solid week before the bunny day event started and hunting 'normal' balloons during that time). i get ore, i get money, i get the occasional non-cherry blossom DIY, i get furniture and clothes, but nothing related to the cherry blossoms. is... this a glitch?

edit: i should mention i did get the picnic DIY from isabelle, but that's the only one i've gotten.

biskit just moved in today (his house is in boxes), can i still put down a plot and go island hopping in the hopes of finding a new villager or should i wait until tomorrow?

I don't know if you still need the answer, but I'll answer anyway in case others want to know too.

Yes, you can! Ankha just moved in (was in boxes) yesterday. Yesterday I also placed a plot and found a new villager on an island. No problems!

I don't know if you still need the answer, but I'll answer anyway in case others want to know too.

Yes, you can! Ankha just moved in (was in boxes) yesterday. Yesterday I also placed a plot and found a new villager on an island. No problems!

i ended up not trying, but now i know i can next time, so thank you so much! :D

Back