• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

New Horizons F.A.Q. – Ask Questions Here!

Question about the 10th villager/plot:
Hi! So, with my 10th villager house under construction now, so I thought it’d be a good time to confirm something I read: is it true that if you have 10 villagers and one of them moves out, no one will move into the empty ploy unless you invite them from an island/campsite?

As I understand, the regular pattern is: someone tells you they’re moving out —> in boxes next day —> plot becomes available next day —> random moves in next day if you didn’t invite anyone. So step 4 would not happen again in my case.

Is the bow wig available in New Horizons? I’m really missing it from New Leaf
(。╯︵╰。)

Is there a limit to how many villagers you can get from other people per day (given that you have plots available)?

I keep trying to make money by fishing but I keep getting easter eggs instead. How long is this event gonna go on for?

biskit just moved in today (his house is in boxes), can i still put down a plot and go island hopping in the hopes of finding a new villager or should i wait until tomorrow?

Hi guys! I'm new to Animal Crossing - but I've searched a bit online and have found that in New Leaf there were a lot more shops! It seems a bit weird that a brand new game has less features than its predecessor - so do you think it'll be implemented in an update, perhaps? Anything said about this from the developers?

Do we know yet if the villagers giving pictures for best friends is in the game?

Is trading a Diana card for a kabuki card a good idea? 😂 I think she's worth more but I want kabuki in my village thx for the help in advance :)

I'm a little confused about the Bunny Day event. Do I need to find Zipper every day, or is he only on my island the first day and the last day?

Hi guys! I'm new to Animal Crossing - but I've searched a bit online and have found that in New Leaf there were a lot more shops! It seems a bit weird that a brand new game has less features than its predecessor - so do you think it'll be implemented in an update, perhaps? Anything said about this from the developers?

This has clearly been a pain point for a lot of my friends too. The game just feels a bit unfinished lol

IIRC, there has been nothing concrete said about what will be included in updates, whether that be bringing back characters or buildings. Like a lot of the world, however, Nintendo has stated the outbreak is throwing a wrench on how they operate which might mean delays in upcoming DLC.

I got Sterling as the first campsite visitor. What would happen if I just refuse to invite him to move in? I don't really like him and I wouldn't want him to move in if I'm being honest. Tom Nook seems adamant on having him as a resident.

I got Sterling as the first campsite visitor. What would happen if I just refuse to invite him to move in? I don't really like him and I wouldn't want him to move in if I'm being honest. Tom Nook seems adamant on having him as a resident.

You can't refuse to invite him, unfortunately

Regarding the previous question, if you wait a day after the first campsite visitor appears, will a different one show up or will it always be them? I know it's set to be a Smug villager but I'd like to know if waiting a day will change who appeared.

Regarding the previous question, if you wait a day after the first campsite visitor appears, will a different one show up or will it always be them? I know it's set to be a Smug villager but I'd like to know if waiting a day will change who appeared.

It'll always be them. Also, my first campsite visitor was Dom and he's a jock. (y)

i haven't gotten a single cherry blossom DIY at all while playing (despite TTing into april at least a solid week before the bunny day event started and hunting 'normal' balloons during that time). i get ore, i get money, i get the occasional non-cherry blossom DIY, i get furniture and clothes, but nothing related to the cherry blossoms. is... this a glitch?

edit: i should mention i did get the picnic DIY from isabelle, but that's the only one i've gotten.

biskit just moved in today (his house is in boxes), can i still put down a plot and go island hopping in the hopes of finding a new villager or should i wait until tomorrow?

I don't know if you still need the answer, but I'll answer anyway in case others want to know too.

Yes, you can! Ankha just moved in (was in boxes) yesterday. Yesterday I also placed a plot and found a new villager on an island. No problems!

I don't know if you still need the answer, but I'll answer anyway in case others want to know too.

Yes, you can! Ankha just moved in (was in boxes) yesterday. Yesterday I also placed a plot and found a new villager on an island. No problems!

i ended up not trying, but now i know i can next time, so thank you so much! :D

Back