• LIVE A gaming event as part of The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 is currently being livestreamed on TBT's Twitch channel here -- spectators who chat on Discord can earn points too!
  • TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

New Horizons F.A.Q. – Ask Questions Here!

She sends it to your Nook Phone when starting the game (or at least she did for me!)

I didn't get anything like this when I started playing this morning either :( I'm living in Japan (Jap game and switch), but I don't know if that's relevant.

Edit:

Forgot to add, I've already invited the first animal from the campsite, and a second from the island tour (got lucky on the first one and got Poppy). I'm going to try the island tour again, so I put up a plot, but I haven't had luck yet. Does anyone know if there's a time limit, like will Tom Nook put a random animal in my plot if I wait too long?

Last edited:
I've seen people referring to the game making certain personality types rarer to find depending on what is in your town, is this confirmed? Could anyone link me to the info regarding this? I really want to find a nice smug villager but I already have one in my town, but I keep finding lots and lots of normal despite having Marina as well... We also have three snooty villagers by complete happenstance (two from island tours at different times, one was our first and mandatory camper) so I'm wondering if there is actually any pushing from the game for certain personality types :(

You would think with almost 400 villagers it would be more difficult to find repeat villagers on the island tours but we've been having a lot of repeats, and the personality thing would likely make sense if I was keeping track (and also checking the personality of every villager, which I haven't been because I tend to just turn around if it's not someone I want...)

Any info on this would be very much appreciated!

When villagers move out, is there a chance of them moving to a friend's town, like in previous games?
I mean if your friend had a spare plot, and visited your town (but didn't invite the villager) will it move to theirs?

how exactly do the campsite/mystery island villagers work? do you absolutely need to have an open slot for anyone to show up at all? i've had a full town for a while and had no one come to my campsite since the mandatory invite after you first build it and i'm pretty sure no one comes to the mystery islands unless i have an open slot.

considering you can use amiibo to replace pre-existing villagers in your town, it seems kind of dumb to me that you wouldn't be able to do the same with (random) campsite villagers or mystery island villagers...

- - - Post Merge - - -

@ Beige:
yes! my friend got egbert from the void when she visited my town.

Last edited:
how exactly do the campsite/mystery island villagers work? do you absolutely need to have an open slot for anyone to show up at all? i've had a full town for a while and had no one come to my campsite since the mandatory invite after you first build it and i'm pretty sure no one comes to the mystery islands unless i have an open slot.

considering you can use amiibo to replace pre-existing villagers in your town, it seems kind of dumb to me that you wouldn't be able to do the same with (random) campsite villagers or mystery island villagers...

yea im pretty sure u need an open house plot for them to show up on islands. i had a plot, went to two island and found marina then invited her. the next tour i went on there were no villagers on the mystery island bc i didnt have another plot open. i could be mistaken tho as this is the first time since the mandatory 3 island villager dudes that ive invited one on my own

i have a question of my own, that has to deal with villagers on the mystery islands. do they only spawn at a specific time? like after 7pm are they no longer on any island until the morning or something??? i hope this question makes sense oop-

I want to build a plot in case I encounter a villager I like while using Nook Tickets. Will some random villager move into the plot at some point if I don’t invite someone right away?

I want to build a plot in case I encounter a villager I like while using Nook Tickets. Will some random villager move into the plot at some point if I don’t invite someone right away?

the plot will remain open for the day that you put it up but will be sold the following day to a random villager if you don't invite one while the plot is open.

the plot will remain open for the day that you put it up but will be sold the following day to a random villager if you don't invite one while the plot is open.

Mine didn't sell for 2 days whilst it was open, so maybe you get an extra day? (I was trying to move an Amiibo in)

If someone forces out a villager via Amiibo and that villager goes into the void, will the person who gets the villager have the bug?

If someone forces out a villager via Amiibo and that villager goes into the void, will the person who gets the villager have the bug?

not from what i've experienced. i forced out egbert and he ended up in my friend's island from the void and was fine... and then came back to me from her void /sob

can i only invite one island villager to my island at a time?

for context, i have 3 plots down. 2 are claimed; the 1st one i placed last night and woke up to a random move-in (elise), the 2nd one i placed this morning and found tabby on a tour island and invited her. i only have 1 villager left to bring into my town and was considering getting an amiibo villager, but i decided i'd place a plot and go on island tours see if i could find someone. ive only been on one tour after inviting tabby and placing the plot, but it didnt have a villager on it. previously whenever i had a plot open there was always a villager on the island so that's why im confused. do i need to relog or wait till the next day??

Last edited:
can i only invite one island villager to my island at a time?

for context, i have 3 plots down. 2 are claimed; the 1st one i placed last night and woke up to a random move-in (elise), the 2nd one i placed this morning and found tabby on a tour island and invited her. i only have 1 villager left to bring into my town and was considering getting an amiibo villager, but i decided i'd place a plot and go on island tours see if i could find someone. ive only been on one tour after inviting tabby and placing the plot, but it didnt have a villager on it. previously whenever i had a plot open there was always a villager on the island so that's why im confused. do i need to relog or wait till the next day??

You have to wait until the next day to invite someone else from the island

Is there a recipe for western style and en style stones aka the gravestones? cuz I need a lot xD

I've been trying to get rid of Sylvia for a while now (I ordered some amiibo but want her out naturally, instead of forced out, to avoid any glitches), trying all the usual tactics (nets, pushing, ignoring, even locking her house behind jail bars to stop her from moving), but she won't budge whatsoever. How can I speed this process up, especially when three other villagers (all ones that I want) have indicated they've wanted to leave?

As a follow-up, can someone please explain what people mean when they say their villager is in a "box" after they've moved out/are being moved out? I can't find an explanation on this...

Two questions:

1. For bunny day, can we only get wood eggs from chopping down trees on our island, or can we also get them by chopping down trees on Nook Miles mystery islands?

2. Can our villagers only wear long-sleeved (ie. dress shirt, sweater, sweatshirt) custom shirt designs that we display in the Able Sisters, or can they also wear short-sleeved designs? I made a mix of both styles and displayed them, but so far I only see villagers wearing my long-sleeved clothing. I really want them to wear my t-shirts, too.

Back