• LIVE A gaming event as part of The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 is currently being livestreamed on TBT's Twitch channel here -- spectators who chat on Discord can earn points too!
  • TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

New amiibo glitch?

Babypink

Bells
So, I’ll explain what happened. I had Fang’s amiibo and so I decided to invite him. Everything went well in the campsite, invited him 3 day in a raw and then asked him to move in. He asked me which villager I wanted him to swap with and I was like: yes, Celia please! That was yesterday. I loaded up the game today and it looks like he doesn’t exist! The house is the same one Celia had and it says that it’s “Fang’s house” but he doesn’t exist. His icon doesn’t show up in the villager map and I even tried to move the plot with Tom nook but the plot itself doesn’t exist as I can’t select it...did something like this ever happened to any of you? Can I fix it somehow? I could cry to think about deleting my town. I love it, all my villagers are lovely and I invested so much time in it...

its ok, he will appear the next day unpacking his stuff but he's gonna keep the old exterior, youre gonna have to kick him and reinvite him to fix it.

its ok, he will appear the next day unpacking his stuff but he's gonna keep the old exterior, youre gonna have to kick him and reinvite him to fix it.
Yup this. There is an exterior glitch at times and you’ll have to do the process again to fix it.

To give some more info about the glitch (it is a known glitch), it's just a cosmetic glitch that can affect all camper force outs, not just Amiibo. It's usually caused by messing with the "plot sold" day. TTing forwards and skipping the plot sold day, TTing backwards, and even just not loading the save file on the "plot sold" day can cause the glitch. Did you do any of these things?

Nothing bad has been reported from the glitch, butt here's no way to fix it without re-inviting the villager. Since you have the Amiibo, it's an easier process.

To give some more info about the glitch (it is a known glitch), it's just a cosmetic glitch that can affect all camper force outs, not just Amiibo. It's usually caused by messing with the "plot sold" day. TTing forwards and skipping the plot sold day, TTing backwards, and even just not loading the save file on the "plot sold" day can cause the glitch. Did you do any of these things?

Nothing bad has been reported from the glitch, butt here's no way to fix it without re-inviting the villager. Since you have the Amiibo, it's an easier process.
I actually haven’t TT, that’s way I thought it was very strange!

I actually haven’t TT, that’s way I thought it was very strange!

Hm... Then, did you play the game on the plot sold day? I believe the process is as follows:
  • Day 1 - Camper is able to move in (if it's an Amiibo, you obviously have at least 2 days leading up to this one). The villager to be moved out is now in boxes.
  • Day 2 - Villager is moved out. Empty plot says "sold" to the camper.
  • Day 3 - Camper moves in and is in boxes.
On "day 2," you have to load the save file and ideally save the game. Otherwise, the glitch can occur.

Hm... Then, did you play the game on the plot sold day? I believe the process is as follows:
  • Day 1 - Camper is able to move in (if it's an Amiibo, you obviously have at least 2 days leading up to this one). The villager to be moved out is now in boxes.
  • Day 2 - Villager is moved out. Empty plot says "sold" to the camper.
  • Day 3 - Camper moves in and is in boxes.
On "day 2," you have to load the save file and ideally save the game. Otherwise, the glitch can occur.
That must be it! Also, I had to skip on day ahead cause on the day of the move in, Celia’s plot was being moved to another location and I couldn’t choose her to swap. That must have been it!

Back