• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Is there any place where i can buy specific Villager (and original) Amiibo Cards?

PacV

Vasea Mayor, Zenda Islander and Borelia Villager.
Bells
I'm tired of trying to move out and get Villagers, so i thought that maybe someone here know if there is a place to buy specific Villager Amiibo cards instead of the pack where they come random?

Thanks in advance for any help.

I have personally used eBay, but I have an overabundance of amiibo cards so if you can let me know which ones you’re looking for, I would be happy to mail you some if I have them.

I have also used ebay to get specific single cards.
I have also joined facebook groups that specifically have trades or people sell their unwanted cards.

It also depends were youre located and if you have shop that could have specifoc cards.
For example in the UK we have a shop called CEX where you mostly see traded in games, consoles, phones etc but you can find animal crossing vlcards in shop or on their online website.

Yeah, eBay, Mercari, and Facebook Marketplace would have some. I got some individuals on eBay. You might have to do some deal hunting though.

Almost all eBay listings are for individual villager Amiibos, it's the easiet/most secure place to purchase from in my opinion and they have the best prices. You will have to be more discerning if you're looking for "popular" villagers though - they can be anywhere from $13-20+ due to price gauging/hawking.

I purchase all of my Amiibos from eBay for under $7 USD, most often they're around $1-2

If you're looking for authentic cards, and are going to buy from Ebay make sure to be careful of anyone who has massive lots of cards for cheap, especially if they're popular characters. Those types of sellers will use pics of authentic cards to lure you in, then will send you fake cards that don't read on the switch joycon very well.

Do your fakes not read well? My NFC chips read fine. That’s definitely not a universal issue.
I also scan with a Pro Controller so maybe that impacts it?

Do your fakes not read well? My NFC chips read fine. That’s definitely not a universal issue.
Could just be OP wants to collect the originals. I can get that, but it's going to be an expensive hobby/collection.

I've used Ebay years ago to buy my favorite villagers in case they moved out or whatever during NL's time. Ebay is the way to go. Just check the seller's profile and reviews. If the reviews are good, then you should be set. I'd avoid anyone on Ebay who dips below 80%.

I have used Etsy and Ebay in the past. I only use them for obtaining villagers, so it doesn't matter to me if they are authentic or not.

Some of them don't, no. I finished my collection with authentic cards, but was getting annoyed at having to take them out of the albums to use them when I wanted. I decided to get a few doubles of my favs, so I could leave my original set alone. The seller used actual amiibo card pics, but buried in the listing said they were nfc cards. I didn't care that they were customs, or that they were flimsy, since I wasn't collecting them, but when using the cards I had to scan them multiple times just to get them to read. I still ended up going back to my original cards to get the villagers I wanted which read perfectly with no issues.

So yeah, the great majority of custom sellers do make good cards, but a few of the more shady ones out there will use nfc tags that don't read well or aren't really compatible with the Switch, and will need to be read multiple times.

Huh, interesting! I have some fakes that all scan well so I assumed it was universal. Sorry you had a bad experience T^T

Back