• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Name some good Wii games

[Nook said:
,Nov 13 2010, 04:55:32 PM]
ACCF18 said:
lol Mario Kart Wii. I use to own that game, but I forgot it at my friends house one time, but I let him have it anyways. I like the game alot, but what I don't like, is when you're in first place, one little bump can send you to 12th...
And that's why online play shouldn't include powerful items.

The next Mario Kart game better not include powerful items in online play or it can have a voting system where the people playing online can vote whether the race will include no items, just normal items, or powerful and normal items.
But be careful, there's stupid little kids online who have no skill and only rely on items to win the race.
If you're that bothered by items, then it's time for you to move to a different game. Most items in Mario Kart can be easily countered, even the "powerful items", so it's just the skill difference that you're mad about.

-Aaron said:
[Nook said:
ACCF18 said:
lol Mario Kart Wii. I use to own that game, but I forgot it at my friends house one time, but I let him have it anyways. I like the game alot, but what I don't like, is when you're in first place, one little bump can send you to 12th...

The next Mario Kart game better not include powerful items in online play or it can have a voting system where the people playing online can vote whether the race will include no items, just normal items, or powerful and normal items.
But be careful, there's stupid little kids online who have no skill and only rely on items to win the race.
If you're that bothered by items, then it's time for you to move to a different game. Most items in Mario Kart can be easily countered, even the "powerful items", so it's just the skill difference that you're mad about.
No, it's a great game, but the items are gay.

ACCF18 said:
-Aaron said:
[Nook said:
ACCF18 said:

Like I said, it's the skill difference. Learn to counter items, and learn where and when to use them.

ACCF18 said:
-Aaron said:
[Nook said:
ACCF18 said:

the "items" and "powerful items" are part of the Mario Kart game genius... In fact they are a part of most Kart racing type of game... if you don't like them, you need to move to some other type of racing game like need for speed, or simulation racing like GT4

VantagE said:
ACCF18 said:
-Aaron said:
[Nook said:
Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
the "items" and "powerful items" are part of the Mario Kart game genius... In fact they are a part of most Kart racing type of game... if you don't like them, you need to move to some other type of racing game like need for speed, or simulation racing like GT4
I know that, ''genius''. Compare Mario Kart Wii to other Mario Kart games. You notice, Mario Kart Wii items are rigged. Unlike 64 or Double Dash, Mario Kart Wii items are just pure luck. Doesn't take any skill.

Nice, trying to reuse the word I used to make me sound like an idiot. Nice try, but failed. The reason I just said "Mario Kart games" (Forgot the "s" in the earlier post for some reason), is because it is referring to all of the Mario Kart games... And yes, I have played Mario Kart Wii, and yes you are right that there is some luck. But you are wrong when saying they are rigged, like Aaron said, its a skill difference...

VantagE said:
Nice, trying to reuse the word I used to make me sound like an idiot. Nice try, but failed. The reason I just said "Mario Kart games" (Forgot the "s" in the earlier post for some reason), is because it is referring to all of the Mario Kart games... And yes, I have played Mario Kart Wii, and yes you are right that there is some luck. But you are wrong when saying they are rigged, like Aaron said, its a skill difference...
Lol, not even CLOSE of trying to make you sound like an idiot. I'm just saying the fact. And yes, they are rigged. Especially one little bump can send you down to 12th place.

mega man 10-classic art style, but still very enjoyable. it can be a bit frustrating at first, but once you get the feel for the game and memorize all of the enemies patterns you will have a blast

ACCF18 said:
Hmm... sounds alright. I'm not gonna get Galaxy, I'm not so hyped on the new Mario games. A lot of people said it sucked too.
it's an awesome game but you flip around alot making you feel like :X

ACCF18 said:
VantagE said:
Lol, not even CLOSE of trying to make you sound like an idiot. I'm just saying the fact. And yes, they are rigged. Especially one little bump can send you down to 12th place.
Of course they're rigged. Do you even realize how broken the game would be if they weren't? I bet you that if the items weren't rigged, you'd complain about why people in first place are getting stars, mega mushrooms, bullet bills and golden mushrooms and wish that the items were rigged. Just play the game, get good while having fun so you can enjoy the game even more.

-Aaron said:
ACCF18 said:
VantagE said:
Of course they're rigged. Do you even realize how broken the game would be if they weren't? I bet you that if the items weren't rigged, you'd complain about why people in first place are getting stars, mega mushrooms, bullet bills and golden mushrooms and wish that the items were rigged. Just play the game, get good while having fun so you can enjoy the game even more.
NO! COMPLAINING IS TOO MUCH FUN!

1) Super Mario Bros. 3 is by no means the best game on the SNES. It may be in your opinion, but I still hate it. Even though I can beat it now, I still hate it.

2) In EVERY SINGLE Mario Kart game, the items are rigged. You've never been able to get a star in first place. The only items you can get are bananas, turtle shells, and boxes. In second place, you have all of the aforementioned + mushrooms. You'd never be able to win if all of the good items were obtainable in first place.

Back