• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Do you like being OP (Over powered)?

CylieDanny

🔥The Spicy Prince🔥
Bells
Island
Fuggire
Red Envelope
Red Envelope
Red Envelope
Fortune Cookie
Red Envelope
Red Envelope
Red Envelope
Red Envelope
Red Envelope
Red Envelope
In my team most of us are op, we know how to win. However for me, Im not super op. Some of my mates win right away, good for them but I like a challenge.

Counts for all games, I prefer the chance for a fight then a sweep. I might know how to be op but I dont want to. Can I? Oh yes I can easily, ive been op before.

Pokemon Sword, we it kinda makes you op since you've got an experience share.. but I normally just grind my Pokemon to the same level as the next oponent because I like to battle. Same goes for Arceus. Experience share. Ruins the fun in my opinion.

All games I play including online multiplayer. I prefer to stay for a challenge then fight. That being said, do you like being Op?

I only like being "over powered" because I'm good at a game, not because I'm using the strongest things...Which isn't really being over powered, it's just being good at a game.

Nothing more boring to me than destroying everything because I have some ridiculous weapon or one of the moves is easily exploitable and/or powerful. Would rather be walking around with a cool sword with crappy stats still wiping everything out because I got good.

It depends on the game, my mood, and the situation. In RPG games, going back to older areas and watching as enemies that used to give you trouble now keel over at your weakest attacks is a good way to show progress and reflect on the journey up to this point. It's why I've never been fond of level scaling; it robs you of that sense of progression. Generally, though, during the main playthrough, I obviously prefer there to be a challenge.

In other games, sometimes it's just fun to turn on cheat codes and blast my way through levels with zero effort. But that's not ideal for a normal playthrough. When it comes to online multiplayer games, I think certain weapon choices and strategies are rather unsportsmanlike given how difficult they are to counter, so I suppose I don't prefer to be OP in that situation, nor would I find it particularly entertaining if someone was throwing off the balance of the game with strategies that are technically legal but borderline undefeatable under normal means (or because no one else could be bothered to pay for the better weapons, as often tends to be the case these days).

Sometimes if I feel like I beated the game so many times and I just want to cheese my way to beating it then yeah I am fine with it.

I like it if the progression is nice, I think I deserve to be OP at a certain point especially in RPGs! In other games I like it too because if I'm being honest I'm really bad at pretty much any game I play so I take what I can.

Not really. I prefer a slight challenge. I just use characters I like and not go for the meta.

I only like being "over powered" because I'm good at a game, not because I'm using the strongest things...Which isn't really being over powered, it's just being good at a game.

Nothing more boring to me than destroying everything because I have some ridiculous weapon or one of the moves is easily exploitable and/or powerful. Would rather be walking around with a cool sword with crappy stats still wiping everything out because I got good.
This. I could not have said it better myself. I prefer finding ways to beat the people who always use the best characters or best weapons or spam cheap moves to gain an edge.

If it's a game I like, then no. Ruins the fun for me.

If I find it a boring game (like I did with the first Legend of Spyro game) or something I've already beaten, then yeah, why not. Cheats are welcome too in this case. It's really rare for me to do this, though.

It depends on the game. For rogue like games like Binding of Isaac, Enter the Gungeon, and Vampire Survivor I try to go for the most OP run I can get. I like a good challenge in a video game, but I hate to admit that I have a painfully short attention span.
This brings to mind the last thing I have to do in Zelda Breath of the Wild, (other than finding like 500 korok poops) completing the Trial of the Sword quest. In case you aren't familiar, very much like a rogue like, this quest takes all of your items and weapons from you, dropping you naked into a series of 51 increasingly difficult scenarios. You advance rounds by beating all of the monsters, but here's hidden items in the rooms you will want to find before you advance, and you can only save after beating each round. (There are three rounds, one consisting of 12 Beginning Trials, 16 Middle Trials, and 23 Final Trials If you die halfway through a round, you start at the beginning with nothing.) I've tried it a few times but I never find my self paying attention long enough to focus on picking everything up between levels before beating everyone. I think not being able to heal whenever I wanted, and not having my incredible arsenal of end-game weaponry really turned me off from the quest at the time. By this point though, I may actually have an easier time with it. I haven't played Breath of the Wild in over a year now, so I maybe I won't feel the sting of not having my stuff as much? Maybe I'll pick it up and try again.

Yeah I like being overpowered, I don't really enjoy playing super challenging games ... I don't have the time for that.

A mix of both for me? I like a little bit of a challenge, but I also like to be slightly OP so I know that I can go into battles/boss fights with some confident that I won't lose spectacularly.

To a degree, I'd say! A little challenge in RPGs is fun, but I also don't like losing ahaha, and I think it's fun to build up a good team/strategy or two and then wipe the floor with your enemies. I also mainly play games for the story and characters, so I don't like to spend too much time stuck on one boss or dungeon.
So I guess I'd say I don't mind putting in a little bit of a grind to get to a safe level or get cool equipment so I'll have an easier time with things, but I wouldn't enjoy grinding to the level cap right at the start of the game or anything. I also don't generally mind using cheese strats, but I won't always use them if there's a particular playstyle or team I prefer. Like with Pokémon, I generally aim to have some good type coverage and everything, but using my favorite 'mons even if they aren't the strongest is what brings me the most joy when I'm playing.

I don't really play competitive multiplayer games, but if I did I'd probably just go for my favorite characters and combinations as opposed to the "best" ones. If I was really into it I could see myself studying up on some of the best ways to play my favorite whatever, but that's about it.

Depends on how I want to play.
Sometimes I like a good challenge and then other times I want to be OP to get things over with.

In Pokémon I like being OP so I can beat the game fast. Then other times I’ll do a Nuzlocke to give me a more challenging playthrough.

I like SwSh because you can easily level up especially with exp candy, but you can also change your team so you’re not too OP for gym battles.

PLA and SV changed some rules when it comes to obedience so you can’t trade a Pokémon to a completed game and level it up to lv.100 and trade it back. You can be over levelled if you play normally tho.

There is a similar feeling in Minecraft. Creative is sometimes fun having access to any block and item so you can create anything and test things, but survival gives a sense of accomplishment if you managed to get rare items.

Back